Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Maccn05 said:
    Wigan have signed Max Power today to follow up the signing of Cousins yesterday… they could be a real problem next season 

… and it’s means that ‘spotty kid on Twitter’ that everyone was knocking is at least 25% right so far 👍🏼
    I don’t rate him at all and neither did the Sunderland fans the last two seasons . 
    Cousins and Power …..blimey can you imagine reaction if we brought them !!!!!

Would not worry to much about Wigan if this is the level of player there getting 
  • Anyone else remember the Lone Gunman articles in the Voice?
  • Anyone else remember the Lone Gunman articles in the Voice?
    They were better than that 5th column nonsense 
  • The gift that keeps on giving  :D
  • DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Wigan have signed Max Power today to follow up the signing of Cousins yesterday… they could be a real problem next season 

… and it’s means that ‘spotty kid on Twitter’ that everyone was knocking is at least 25% right so far 👍🏼
    I don’t rate him at all and neither did the Sunderland fans the last two seasons . 

Would not worry to much about Wigan if this is the level of player there getting 
    BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    They haven't bought either of them have they?  They have however brought them in. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:

BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously why do you need to do that! Makes you look a right plank!
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    Joe Morrell having an outstanding euros so far. Won Lincoln’s player of the season in 2019/20 and is very much a Josh Cullen type of player.

He can’t get a kick for Luton and Pompey are looking to take him - exactly the sort of midfielder we missed last season.
    Definitely have him over JFK.
    Liked him at first but he’s not been the same since that injury in 1963.
    Classic post!
  • This is HGV

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If it is true I would pull the contract offer.  Assuming he was going to run his contract down and leave for nothing at its end to go to the Championship then we owe him little having paid his salary through years of injuries.  He then expects we give him a year to get fit with that risk on us and him leaving at the end.  Don't think so.
    May all be bolloxs though of course.
    Works both ways though doesn't it, we didn't offer him a contract during the season so what do you expect him to do?

He, and his agent, will be full aware of any championship interest there was before his injury and the value of it in pounds, shillings and pence.   There would also probably be interest from the other "big clubs" in league 1.  If that interest would result in a concrete offer, however, is a totally different kettle of fish.

It's the risk you run by having so many players in the last year of their contract especially so many that are actually playing.  I think 6 of the 8 were playing almost every game?

Now we are left with a position that neither party is going to be fully happy with.  If he hadn't got injured he would have got a payrise here, or else where and probably a 3 year contract.  Rightly we won't give him one because he is injured.   There are no winners now, what ever the outcome. 
    Well there could be a winner. If he does not sign a new contract we don’t have to pay his medical expenses or his wages. It is not unreasonable for us to want a return from our investment in either a fee or performance.
    We are doing absolutely the right thing by offering him a contract. Totally his choice now.
    I think a good club would have a duty of care and JFK owes a bit from his last long injury to agree a deal.  My opinion. 
    😅🤣😅🤣😅🤣😅🤣
     Can't  see how you can call that a sensible comment.  More that of a child perhaps. 
    Employers do have a duty of care to employees and good employers know this. 
    Don't think Charlton can offer anything to help JFK.
    Why ?
    Should change your name to 1963
    Why ?   And I don't think one can say that the previous injury cancels this one. They are two different events.
    Oh please. Someone help. What have I started? 🙄
     More to the point  why ? 😃
    Would you like me to take your spade away from you?
  • Maccn05 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:

BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously why do you need to do that! Makes you look a right plank!
    I’m with DOUCHER on this one. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Jfc had a great season for us last year and we should do the right thing by him but that’s it as far as I’m concerned - hopefully he gets a better offer as I don’t see him as any more than a squad filler at Charlton going forwards 
    That’s my personal take on it as well.  I don’t know what good practice looks like when a player is in this situation?  Do clubs usually offer players a deal, despite knowing they’re likely to miss a lot of the season when that player is out of contract?  
  • Anyone itk about whether we are trying to sign Famewo?  Major statement if we can get him in.
  • Anyone itk about whether we are trying to sign Famewo?  Major statement if we can get him in.
    Yeah I’ve wondered about that one 
  • Sponsored links:

• Famewo hasn't muttered a word about his time here. To me that is suggestive.
  • edited June 2021
    mendonca said:
    Famewo hasn't muttered a word about his time here. To me that is suggestive.
    Suggests he doesn't give a shit about charlton or suggests that negotiations are ongoing?
  • mendonca said:
    Famewo hasn't muttered a word about his time here. To me that is suggestive.
    ...suggests maybe he isn't leaving....or suggests he couldn't give a shit about his time here ;)
    Yeah I’ve wondered about that one 
    https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/citys-defensive-duo-have-impressed-when-fit-8015418

It doesn't sound like a return is out of the question. 
  • Wouldn't be surprised if Famewo is another one who's next step is a Championship loan. 
  • edited June 2021

Be great if Famewo signs but not the end of the world if he doesn’t. Cloughie was a big fan of getting your key players in the spine CF, CH and GK and build a team around them. 

Stockley is in situ, Amos would be fine until Maynard Brewer has had a loan spell which leaves a youngish fit (too soon to pin all hopes on Innis yet) CB to find to complete the trio for the medium term. 

No more loans in that position please .

• Had a feeling we might sign Millar today.  No source, just had a gut feeling, or was that the Chinese from last night 😉
  • Would be very surprised if Famewo comes back, he will surely get a championship loan.
  • Next signing to be announced tomorrow...

Based on nothing more than feeling after we signed Stockley that the next signing will join on the 18th.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!