Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Given the choice of having both of them around, or just one of them around, I'm going with 'just one'
    agree but definitely Pratley over Watson.
    No not on performance this season .... we saw how we missed Watson when he was out and the goals conceded in front of our back four ... Pratley done ok at Centre back but in mid was like a headless chicken and a sending off waiting to happen .. plus his passing was awful .. Watson a much calmer player who hardly gives the ball away 
    Tbh would have liked both to have been released. 

Prats has done a one a good job over the years but became a liability last season.

Watson was poor in the main and is going to be another year older and slower next season.
    Pratley was never a liability. His lack of ability on the ball didn't help us in games when we needed to take control but aside from a couple of mistakes while out of position at CB with a full back next to him he always contributed and rarely let us down in regards to doing his job, which was to smash people up and make it hard for them to play. We definitely will benefit from getting in a player who can do more on the ball than Prats but a liability he was not.
    I think the fact that he had one of the worst disciplinary records in the league suggests that he was a liability.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    My favourite Pratley performance was the one where he man marked the Milton Keynes lad out of the game. (I think it was MKD?).
    It’s always good to have an experienced pro around the place, and I think he’ll be missed on the training ground. 
    It was Scott Fraser at MKD who had a brilliant game against us Thr Valley and ran the midfield for the whole game.

Pratley man marked him their place and he hardly got a touch. It was a superb 1 on 1 performance from Pratley.
    Thanks. So I'm not going mad.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    My favourite Pratley performance was the one where he man marked the Milton Keynes lad out of the game. (I think it was MKD?).
    It’s always good to have an experienced pro around the place, and I think he’ll be missed on the training ground. 
    It was Scott Fraser at MKD who had a brilliant game against us Thr Valley and ran the midfield for the whole game.

Pratley man marked him their place and he hardly got a touch. It was a superb 1 on 1 performance from Pratley.
    Thanks. So I'm not going mad.
    I agree he did a fantastic job that day. However hopefully this season we wont be making stopping someone from MKD a priority. I liked Pratley but I think it's the right move to let him go, I'm hoping this season we will be trying to pass forward and put other teams under pressure 
  • Options
    The Darren Stevens of the footballing world. He'll still be playing in ten years time and scoring 20 goals a season.
  • Options
    Been made their captain too
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Surprised he's dropped to League Two, Leyton Orient could well be decent next season under Jackett
  • Options
    Delighted for them both 👍🏼
  • Options
    Surprised he's dropped to League Two, Leyton Orient could well be decent next season under Jackett
    Suspect it was either sit on a bench in L1 or regular play in L2. Fair play to him honestly, reckon he'll do okay for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think his family are settled down here so no surprise he wanted to stay local.

Great signing for them.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Great signing for them, with Jobi McAnuff retiring and leaving I guess he will be the senior pro for the squad
  • Options
    Good for you Darren.

Great signing for Orient.
  • Options
    Good signing for them and move for him. It’ll be interesting to see how much longer he plays for.
  • Options
    Good to see the Charlton retirement home over in Leyton is still open. Must be double figures of our players they’ve signed now. 

Great signing for them and smart move to give him the captains armband.
  • Options
    It seemed the most obvious move for him.
    I wish him well.
  • Options
    Greatest of respect for Darren when he was at Charlton and wish him well at Orient.
  • Options
    Glad to see Pratters sorted...and sticking to Red.
  • Options
    Great signing for them and hopefully he will do great things for them. Total respect for his efforts here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good for him … glad he got fixed up with a decent local club
  • Options
    Good luck Darren. Always liked Orient. Living under the shadow of Wet Spam is tough
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Good for him.  The spirit was willing.
  • Options
    Hes what every pro should be ..trains well, keeps fit and gives 100 per cent..he ll do well for them 
  • Options
    Good Luck Dazzer! ,think we might have got another season out of those legs!
  • Options
    all the very best to him in his time at Orient
  • Options
    Never let us down and always gave his all , one ot those players who has been fondly remembered wheverevr he's played
  • Options
    Great stuff ! 

They'll love your grit & determination & predict you'll become an Orient legend. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him, hope he does well for them and think he will