Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Weds Decision 12 points Next season

Comments

• Options
    What are the odds on them not winning the league out of interest?
  • Options
    The odds are based on the amount wagered, not who the bookies think will actually win. England have been one of the favourites for virtually every major tournament in my lifetime. The bookies aren't stupid enough to think we had a chance in many of those tournaments, but mug punters will always have a few quid on England to win no matter the actual chances of that happening.
  • Options
    @operationpig  I know it's tough in the close-season, particularly as we aren't out of the pandemic yet, but have there been any signs of fans protests? 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    @operationpig  I know it's tough in the close-season, particularly as we aren't out of the pandemic yet, but have there been any signs of fans protests? 
    There is talk about all sorts ...too much talk with zero action at the min prob due to covid restrictions, I dread to think what it will be like when fans are allowed back in, the Covid pandemic has basically saved Chansiri.

We've had bad situations before but this is absolute major major alarm bells for SWFC.

Forget about Wednesday being a promotion rival for next season that's for sure !

• Options
    The bigger they are the harder they fall, it seems. Sadly for big clubs the debts are proportional. Smaller clubs seem to be able to streamline, but of course their access to funds is also limited. Take Chesterfield another club close to home. They bought a new ground and it hasn't given them the bounce hoped for. 

• Options
    Stig said:
    There is talk about all sorts ...too much talk with zero action at the min prob due to covid restrictions, I dread to think what it will be like when fans are allowed back in, the Covid pandemic has basically saved Chansiri.

We've had bad situations before but this is absolute major major alarm bells for SWFC.

Forget about Wednesday being a promotion rival for next season that's for sure !

Bring back Meire, the saviour.
  • Options
    The odds are based on the amount wagered, not who the bookies think will actually win. England have been one of the favourites for virtually every major tournament in my lifetime. The bookies aren't stupid enough to think we had a chance in many of those tournaments, but mug punters will always have a few quid on England to win no matter the actual chances of that happening.
    Indeed.  Before the age of the internet, you would get much better odds on England at a bookies outside the UK because hardly anyone else would back us.  Similarly, you could often get a guaranteed return on a US-UK boxing match by backing the UK boxer with a US bookie and the the US boxer with a UK bookie.
  • Options
    Absolute disaster what this joker has done to this club, and as a football fan in general the game is completely fucked and this will just continue to happen, makes me laugh how Gary Neville was up in arms the other week about the ESL but take a closer look at the rest of the football league at home the game is full of corruption and bent agents that is suffocating us all.

At best I think L2 is our only escape because we ( well not we but Chancer) owes that much out but now he seems to think he is not to blame and points the finger at everyone else.

Not even sure if getting to the PL is of any use anymore, take a look at Huddersfield and the state they also seem to be in although no where near us or Derbys.

This is what happens when you have a megalomaniac that puts 500 million on red and black comes up.

We will be lucky to see this one out if I'm honest...
    We were not in a dissimilar position recently and Sandgaard came in. Many of us felt administration could be the solution as it would allow a decent owner to come in and rebuild. It looks like a decent option for Wednesday, unless you find another Sandgaard. There surely would be no shortage of people up for taking over and when things are rotten, a clean slate could be the answer and as you are in league one, it may not even lead to relegation. But even if it does, you go forwards from there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first game cancelled because of COVID for Wednesday was Bristol City away on 14/03/20.

Wednesday fans still haven't had their ticket money refunded for that yet.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    The financial rules were bought in to stop this type of lunacy and the EFL have let football down by their failure to enforce.
    This goes back to QPR getting a fine instead of being dropped through a league. Maybe if that had happened others would have been more circumspect? Maybe not, but they are so slow to enforce anything. Financial reports need to be submitted by a given date or points deduction for instance. That would give them a chance to start the process at least. It is a joke that SW have only just submitted their accounts for 2019. (£600m loss). What sort of governance is that FFS.
    SW should have been relegated along with Derby. I have nothing against either Club, but we do need to protect football in this Country.
    I would not wish administration on any Club and I hope it does not happen to SW. It is difficult to see how things could have improved with the COVID restrictions in place so one would assume that they are in a very dark place.
    £600,000,000 loss is amazing.  Is that correct?

Re administration, it might be bad or good for the club but it's awful for a lot of the people and businesses to whom they owe money.  One club even stiffed the St John's Ambulance when they went into admin.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    The financial rules were bought in to stop this type of lunacy and the EFL have let football down by their failure to enforce.
    This goes back to QPR getting a fine instead of being dropped through a league. Maybe if that had happened others would have been more circumspect? Maybe not, but they are so slow to enforce anything. Financial reports need to be submitted by a given date or points deduction for instance. That would give them a chance to start the process at least. It is a joke that SW have only just submitted their accounts for 2019. (£600m loss). What sort of governance is that FFS.
    SW should have been relegated along with Derby. I have nothing against either Club, but we do need to protect football in this Country.
    I would not wish administration on any Club and I hope it does not happen to SW. It is difficult to see how things could have improved with the COVID restrictions in place so one would assume that they are in a very dark place.
    £600,000,000 loss is amazing.  Is that correct?

Re administration, it might be bad or good for the club but it's awful for a lot of the people and businesses to whom they owe money.  One club even stiffed the St John's Ambulance when they went into admin.
    Whoops, bit of a slip. They showed a profit of £19m, but only because they moved the £60m from the sale of the stadium that had been shown in the previous year, into these accounts. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Absolutely 100 % agree with you here, sadly for us we were victims of not having parachute payments when we were relegated from the PL in 2000 and this put us in the wilderness for 15 years then along came this chap from Thailand and he's splashing all the cash around like it was paper, I mean back then people were 'joyfully worried' but when you've been starved of success for 15 years you just take it in your stride.

• Options

I always remember when we were relegated from the Premier league in 1999 in the last game of the season against the massives how their supporters cheered and went wild as the other results came in and it was clear we were going down.

Why act like that?  

I've disliked them intensely ever since that day and welcome seeing them struggle (although don't want them to go out of business).

Did you expect all the Wednesday fans to come running up to you on leppings Lane and offer some tissue or something ....christ it's football, personally I can't remember it lol.

• Options
    Stig said:

I know you lot hated her but this is how bad our owner is....but she wasn't actually that bad for us but she just couldn't work with Chansiri because he's the equivalent to South Yorkshires Kim Yung Un , fair play for her on escaping the sinking ship!
    Like all rats they desert a sinking ship 😈.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I know you lot hated her but this is how bad our owner is....but she wasn't actually that bad for us but she just couldn't work with Chansiri because he's the equivalent to South Yorkshires Kim Yung Un , fair play for her on escaping the sinking ship!
    Ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

Absolutely 100 % agree with you here, sadly for us we were victims of not having parachute payments when we were relegated from the PL in 2000 and this put us in the wilderness for 15 years then along came this chap from Thailand and he's splashing all the cash around like it was paper, I mean back then people were 'joyfully worried' but when you've been starved of success for 15 years you just take it in your stride.

I don’t blame any supporter being happy with an owner splashing the cash, and we had supporters singing about how rich we were when we got taken over by a gang of con men. I put the blame squarely with the EFL. It is their job.
    I hope your supporters are up for the fight because you need to get ready for one IMO. There will be a lot of scum after your Club if he needs to sell.
    Some great fans across the Country who will help, but you need to get organised.
    I honestly think a lot of fans have given up, back around 04/5 we had a chairman taking fans to court and not really wanting to spend anything, but now we have an owner who wants to run everything but knows nothing, there are even rumours he wanted to tell the manager who to pick, look how many managers we've gone through!

Is there any petrol left in the tank of fans, the way football is run and how incompetent the EFL are people will just walk away from it ...I don't blame them.

• Options
    OP: I bet 'Praise or Grumble' will be having a field day with this!
  • Options
    Was chansiri chairman when they got to the play offs two years running? Did that happen by throwing money at it that he didn’t have? Was he a bad owner in the eyes of the fans back then?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

I don’t blame any supporter being happy with an owner splashing the cash, and we had supporters singing about how rich we were when we got taken over by a gang of con men. I put the blame squarely with the EFL. It is their job.
    I hope your supporters are up for the fight because you need to get ready for one IMO. There will be a lot of scum after your Club if he needs to sell.
    Some great fans across the Country who will help, but you need to get organised.
    I honestly think a lot of fans have given up, back around 04/5 we had a chairman taking fans to court and not really wanting to spend anything, but now we have an owner who wants to run everything but knows nothing, there are even rumours he wanted to tell the manager who to pick, look how many managers we've gone through!

Is there any petrol left in the tank of fans, the way football is run and how incompetent the EFL are people will just walk away from it ...I don't blame them.

Duchatelet was telling Powell, an ex England international, who to pick and explaining formations to him. He also told him our best players like Kermogant and Morrison were rubbish and brought in a keeper who would even punch away a back pass behind his back.