Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Floodlight failure betting scam

Anybody recall this? Roger seemed to be a fixture at Charlton back at the time. Had many chats with him.

Maybe @Henry Irving could find him for a Bromley Q&A session? 😉

It was a lot of money to not hurt anybody, I wonder how many of us would have taken the dosh? I wondered back then, on reflection there is no way I would have.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/426092.stm

Comments

• I think the bigger crime here was modelling his entire look and wardrobe on Yosser Hughes
    I wonder if he sounds like him since his trial? "I can do that g'us a job". 
  • I mean, 20k is fk all to lose your job and maybe go to prison. 
  • shine166 said:
    I mean, 20k is fk all to lose your job and maybe go to prison. 
    When you put it like that it is, but it's also a lot to just look the other way. 
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    When you put it like that it is, but it's also a lot to just look the other way. 
    There's looking the other way and then there's being head of security and letting them into the ground 🤣. Not the smartest of people was he. 
  • shine166 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    There's looking the other way and then there's being head of security and letting them into the ground 🤣. Not the smartest of people was he. 
    I worked with a prat who said he was his brother in law. 
    Obviously not the smartest move and I was told he wasn’t the quickest.
    Id love to repeat what this guy said but I don’t think it’s something I should write word for word. But what I will say is I don’t think he quite appreciated the type of people his brother in law was dealing with. What he wasn’t going to do if they came knocking on his door.