Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Davina McAll at the Valley

Did Davina McAll come on to our pitch at half time doing a TV programme and drag some poor lad away at half time with the covered end singing "let him stay, let him stay" or is my fading memory playing tricks? If I'm right, what was the name of the TV show that Davina was doing? My best guess is this would be the very late 90's or early noughties. 

Comments

• edited June 2021
    She did and I am gutted I remember it and that the show was called Don't try this at home. I think she seriously lacks talent personally but has achieved longevity somehow.
  • She did and I am gutted I remember it and that the show was called Don't try this at home. I think she seriously lacks talent personally but has achieved longevity somehow.
    But would ya ?

It's a yes from me
  • She did and I am gutted I remember it and that the show was called Don't try this at home. I think she seriously lacks talent personally but has achieved longevity somehow.
    But would ya ?

It's a yes from me
    All day long (despite how annoying she can be)
    But would ya ?

It's a yes from me
    11/10
  • edited June 2021
    It would probably be a no from her though and not sure what that has got to do with her being a poor presenter. Give her the job because CharltonBob would! :)
  • I’m in the would camp , bit of a bad girl back in the day & one of the original  acid house crew.
    But would ya ?

It's a yes from me
    Hear hear
  • I've no memory of that show at all, anyone remember what she dragged the lad off to do?

And while we are on the subject, I would :smiley:   
  • Sponsored links:

• It was a woman wasn’t it? Didn’t she have to do a certain amount of kick-ups in a row and had to practice in front of the crowd?
  • At half time She appeared from the tunnel area and walked across to the East Stand Alan Curbishley Stand. She was wearing very tight jeans......so I'm told *cough
  • The Covered End were singing "Get your tits out for the lads"!
    But would ya ?

It's a yes from me

A yes from me!
  • Remember it well, she was unknown to me at the time, she had a lot of balls to come out at half time like that! Was maybe the first season we went up to PL?
  • edited June 2021
    Not sure what people see in her. You can go out of your house and walk past prettier women than her every day. But her looks shouldn't be the driver, it is whether she is good at her job or not. Clearly people think she is because she has had a good career. Not for me though.
  • I've no memory of that show at all, anyone remember what she dragged the lad off to do?

Heroin.
    I think you mean Heroine!

Heroin.
    I think you mean Heroine!
    nope
  • Sponsored links:

Heroin.
    I think it was something abroad as he had to go off and miss the second half. I would have told her to F off!
  • Did Davina McAll come on to our pitch at half time doing a TV programme and drag some poor lad away at half time with the covered end singing "let him stay, let him stay" or is my fading memory playing tricks? If I'm right, what was the name of the TV show that Davina was doing? My best guess is this would be the very late 90's or early noughties. 
    Correct

The guy sits 2 rows in front of me in the East Stand, and it was during our PL years. We're both still in our same seats 20 years later  ;)

I am happy to confirm that although he was filmed being dragged off at HT, he then (off camera) reappeared to watch the second half!
  • I was sitting a couple of seats away in the East Stand at the time and yes, he did return for the second half. He still sits in the same seat.
  • One of the most irritating people to ever grace our tv screens.
    this, this......and this again
  • Did Davina McAll come on to our pitch at half time doing a TV programme and drag some poor lad away at half time with the covered end singing "let him stay, let him stay" or is my fading memory playing tricks? If I'm right, what was the name of the TV show that Davina was doing? My best guess is this would be the very late 90's or early noughties. 
    Correct

The guy sits 2 rows in front of me in the East Stand, and it was during our PL years. We're both still in our same seats 20 years later  ;)

I am happy to confirm that although he was filmed being dragged off at HT, he then (off camera) reappeared to watch the second half!
    Cheers 👍
    Correct

That's all very interesting but the pertinent question is not "Would he?" but "Did he?".
  • So what was it he then had to do on the show?
    But would ya ?

It's a yes from me
    I'm not sure you'd last all day long but I can point you in the direction of an earplug supplier if you really think you would.
  • Cant get enough of Davina imo. Have to laugh at some of the people posting "nah..." to a would ya. Too good for most of us I'd say......but then she has enough offers I expect & wouldn't look twice at the 'erberts on here.