Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Battle of Britain Airshow.......Headcorn.

June 25th.......The Red Arrows will be performing their new display!

Potentially a great day out, weather permitting.👏🏽🛩🍺🤙

Comments

• Thanks for that, will be going
  • Been a couple of times. Both times the weather was fantastic, the air shows were even better and the various stalls were really fascinating and extensive.

Well worth paying for the VIP tickets if you can stretch to it.
  • edited May 2021
    I’m going to this it seems, live ten minutes away now - often see spits and others flying around, even taught the wife how to identify one from a modern single engine, minor miracle..
  • Defo going to this

Also the Weald of Kent Steam Fair is back this August - really good day out that is - not only steam, but classic cars, lorries, vans, caravans (!!), military, massive beer tent, funfair - really good family day out
  • Defo going to this

Also the Weald of Kent Steam Fair is back this August - really good day out that is - not only steam, but classic cars, lorries, vans, caravans (!!), military, massive beer tent, funfair - really good family day out
    When's that mate?
  • Defo going to this

When's that mate?
    7th and 8th August - we have been going for a few years, love it - near Ashford - you should take your MG and display it
  • Defo going to this

When's that mate?
    7th and 8th August - we have been going for a few years, love it - near Ashford - you should take your MG and display it
    Cheers, I've just had a look at the website. Will definitely display the car, application going off today. I used to go to a show at a rare breeds farm down that way but it hasn't run for a number of years.
  • PM me your registration, and then I can come and say hello
  • June 25th.......The Red Arrows will be performing their new display!

My son is mad about the red arrows and this would be fantastic if it wasn't on a bloody Friday :(
  • Rizzo said:

My son is mad about the red arrows and this would be fantastic if it wasn't on a bloody Friday :(
    I'm pretty sure it's Fri/Sat/Sun so you should be ok.

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    hmmoore said:
    Rizzo said:

I'm pretty sure it's Fri/Sat/Sun so you should be ok.

The airshow is Fri/Sat/Sun but according to the RAF website, the Red Arrows are Friday only (they're in Belgium on Sunday). 
  • Rizzo said:

Take a day off.
  • Just booked for the Friday for the Premier Enclosure - up close and personal with the Spits and Hurricanes.
  • Booked for the Sunday. 9 Spits, 2 Dakotas, Flying Fortress, Yak 3 & Gypsy Moths already scheduled. The show has now been confirmed as going ahead.
  • I had to bail out over Headcorn 😉
    would love to do that again before I get to old! 

• T_C_E said:
    I had to bail out over Headcorn 😉

Where’s the dogs?
  • The display schedule has been published, looks like a cracking line up. 

2021 Battle of Britain Airshow Flying Programme - Battle of Britain Air Show (bobairshow.co.uk)
  • Hadn't realised that it was this weekend - was going to take the kids over to Maidstone for something completely unrelated, but is traffic likely to be a killer round there Saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice opening with the Red Arrows doing their new display on the Friday.
  • T_C_E said:
    I had to bail out over Headcorn 😉

I did a skydive there as well - threw up all over myself and the skydiver I was attached to when he pulled the parachute - lesson there is a) don’t get pissed night before & b) don’t have a full English breakfast on the morning of your skydive 🤔
  • My wife, her sister in law (who lives in Headcorn) and her two nieces have passes for all three days and are definitely going on Friday and hopefully one other day too. It will be a bitter sweet occasion because last month my wife's twin brother passed away from cancer at the age of just 57. He would have been the one going instead of my wife had he lived long enough to do so as he absolutely loved planes so much as so that he flew model planes in the area. 

• I once met a blind fella who was a Sky Diver.
    I was amazed and asked him how he did this?
    He explained that he did it together with his dog!
    He goes up and when the signal is given he pushes the dog out and a few seconds later he follows.
    Of course I went on to ask the obvious question as to how he knew when it was time to pull the parachute cord?
    I know when the lead goes slack!
  • Seriously Stu, you need to get rid of your Bob Monkhouse joke books.
  • Addickted said:
    Seriously Stu, you need to get rid of your Bob Monkhouse joke books.
    I told him that one.
  • Bugger.

Heavy low cloud and rain over Maidstone. Loads of planes flying over yesterday and this morning, can hear them but not see them.

Red Arrows display at 12.45pm - hopefully a low flying spectacular.
  • edited June 2021
    Red Arrows cancelled display after a couple of fly pasts. Gutted.
  • Red Arrows flew over my house a few minutes ago, presumably they aborted the display.
  • Addickted said:
    Red Arrows cancelled display after a couple of fly pasts. Gutted.
    Such a shame for those there - supposed to be pretty similar weather Sunday too.