Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alexei Mikhailichenko

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Did he ever play for Charlton?

I seem to remember him playing in a pre-season friendly at least, but did he play any proper games?

Comments

• I think he came in on trial for a couple of matches pre-season then disappeared back to the Huns.
  • Only remember him playing pre-season also
  • I remember the loudspeaker man announcing what sounded like "Aleksi Charlie Kenko!"

Nice to see one of ours at Wembley tomorrow though.
  • No proper game, pre-season friendly away to Orient.
  • I seem to remember ironic chants of "Red Army" at the time.
  • I object to the term Hun

Please have this removed
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]I object to the term Hun

Please have this removed[/quote]]

I object to you objecting. Please have yourself removed. ;-))
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I remember the loudspeaker man announcing what sounded like "Aleksi Charlie Kenko!"

Nice to see one of ours at Wembley tomorrow though.

That was Chris Tuggy Tugwell who took on the job as I was on my Honeymoon in the Dominican Republic.
  • He definately played in a pre-season game at The Valley
  • August 1996.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think he came in on trial for a couple of matches pre-season then disappeared back to the Huns.

If he had played for Celtic and you said "taigs" your post would have been removed.Double standards reign supreme.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CROG[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think he came in on trial for a couple of matches pre-season then disappeared back to the Huns.[/quote]

If he had played for Celtic and you said "taigs" your post would have been removed.Double standards reign supreme.[/quote]

More likely it would have been followed by 'Who or what are taigs?'

Boring sectarian nonsense doesn't reign supreme thankfully. Not down here anyway.
  • Flintoff was on trial with us? ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]August 1996.[/quote]

Dave - I assume that you recall this date so accurately due to your deep football knowledge, not because its your wedding anniversary?

My own matrimonial recollections took a heavy beating when the Queen Mum (God bless her) died a few years back. I always used to get an early warning of my wedding anniversary (which co-incided with the QM's birthday) whenever I heard the news that "the Queen Mum (God bless her) celebrates her whatever birthday in two weeks time".
    Away to Bournemouth as well.
  • edited June 2021
    No proper game, pre-season friendly away to Orient.
    12 years to reply Elfs, must be a record
    I was struggling on the answer mate. I was at the game to make things worse!
  • @eaststandmike, as my wife often says, "better late than never".
    On trial after being released by Glasgow Rangers. Was 33 at the time. We had a lad from Colchester on trial as well who did ok when he signed a couple of months later 
  • Sponsored links:

Anytime Elfs is at a game, I hear it makes this worse.
    Anytime Elfs is at a game, I hear it makes this worse.
    You will be my first target for a flag should that wonderful option return.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
  • He definately played in a pre-season game at The Valley
    Think this was Coventry.  I remember being excited that we had such a big name (in every sense) turning out for us but then being underwhelmed by what he served up.