Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC - 25 REDUNDANCIES

Comments

• Another nail n the coffin
  • 24 players and the manager would make sense.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Another nail n the coffin

Don't think that is appropriate.

People, and good people at that, are going to lose their jobs.

It might be necessary and the playing staff certainly need to look themselves in the eye but it's still terrible.

Good luck and thanks for all the hard work to any of those who do have to go.
  • 1 Nicky Weaver
    2 Yassin Moutaouakil
    3 Andy Gray
    4 Svetoslav Todorov
    5 Darren Ambrose
    6 Chris Dickson
    7 Dean Sinclair
    9 José Semedo
    10 Jonathan Fortune
    11 Grant Basey
    12 Deon Burton
    13 Zheng Zhi
    14 Matt Holland
    15 Mark Hudson
    16 Darren Ward
    17 Danny Butterfield
    18 Deon Burton
    19 Phil Parkinson
    20 Phil Chapple

hmm... still leaves five
  • I am sure we could offload a few so called Directors. After all we have rather a lot IMHO.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rodex[/cite]I am sure we could offload a few so called Directors. After all we have rather a lot IMHO.

Without the directors dipping their hands in their own pocket to fund the club we'd be in an even worse position.
  • H, what's wrong with that another nail in the coffin for a once great club like ours I'm fumming that people will be out of work due to inept managerial descisions and innept performances on the pitch the players should be embrased but do they care? I would say no, think u got the wrong end of my stick mate there a joke there somewhere but won't do it.
  • Expected, but still sad to hear.

Doesn't say whether this is just non-playing side or both. Hopefully the bulk will be taken by running a smaller squad next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Expected, but still sad to hear.

Doesn't say whether this is just non-playing side or both. Hopefully the bulk will be taken by running a smaller squad next season.

I took this to be non-playing side of things.
  • I hope the 25 find alternative employment and soon - on that I know that there are a couple of employees who post on here and I hope they aren't clearing their desks out.
  • Sponsored links:

• sad , hope all the backroom people find something soon.

as for the players and management who got us where we are they should look at the list and hang their heads in shame. i doubt though that most would give a shit about anyone else.
  • If the bank decides it wants its money back, many of those Directors who have dipped their hands in their pockets will resign. How much worse could it possibly be?
  • When you think that the club are paying someone £20K a month to do nothing, how many back room staff would that keep?
    Not a good time to be losing your job.
  • gutted for all concerned
  • Yes, sad news indeed. Unfortunately a sign of the times as well as part of our troubles at the moment. The players squad will be drastically reduced as well.
  • Sad news, good luck to all concerned. I wonder if some homework has been done on expected ST sales and whether this might have brought things about to an extent.
  • sh1t that's awful

:-(

my thoughts are with you all, good luck lads & lasses

xx
  • and now I find out who one of them is I feel awful

its just so much more than football

gutted
  • Oh well, its sad, they will be joining a number of us. The article should be printed out and pinned to the dressing room door on match days.
  • At the AGM, it was said that the estimated deficit for next year would be £1.5m , rising to £4.5 m if we were relegated.

It's that £4.5 m deficit that means 25 people are now going to be made unemployed.

Like others, I take the statement to mean they're all non-playing staff and so innocent employees are being made to pay with their jobs for the utter rubbish served up on the pitch and the board's failure to recruit a serious manager in Nov who might have kept us up.

It's a shameful day in the club's history and sincere good wishes to all those who are going to be looking for a job due to the failings of others. What makes it worse is that the guilty Pardew walked off with a million more than these 25 decent and honourable Charlton servants will get.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]sad , hope all the backroom people find something soon.

as for the players and management who got us where we are they should look at the list and hang their heads in shame. i doubt though that most would give a shit about anyone else.[/quote]

I'd like to think that all the underperforming players should take a massive pay cut to put funds back into the club, to help keep on those non playing staff whose jobs are at risk, after all, it's the players who've put us in this position, so perhaps they should carry the can.

I guess that this will be dealt with anyway, by cutting the playing squad down, but I doubt it will safeguard other jobs at the club. It is indeed bad news.
  • Good luck and thank you to anybody who suffers the consequences of an awful period in the club's history. Some very bad decisions and an utter debacle of a season on the field have contributed to this very sad situation.
  • edited April 2009
    I hope those wasters that masquerade as footballers are proud of themselves.

I exonerate Bailey, Elliot, Shelvey, Fortune and Gray from that somewhat sweeping statement.
  • Horrible news yet again, hope they all manage to find something soon.
  • How many staff does that leave
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]and the board's failure to recruit a serious manager in Nov who might have kept us up.

never a truer word spoken, and that isn't in hindsight either.
  • im sure many of the players well i hope do feel for the staff as well they must get to know them over the years but im also sure some will be wondering who will get them thier drinks....etc and some will not even notice or give them a second thought.we know who they are by the way they act on the park and its cos of those signings the redundancies have occured...
  • Awful news. Very sad. All the best to those affected.
  • Sad news, but keep your heads up and thanks for all your efforts............ Good luck to ya!!!
  • total shit news. But not unexpected, unfortunately. Good luck everyone.