Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 Home Wins This Season - Lowest Ever?

I know how home forms been pretty poor this season.

But it wasn’t until it was brought up on Sunday nights Charlton Live podcast they mentioned we only had 6 wins at hone this season.

Is this one of the lowest seasons for home wins we’ve ever had, and will people be rushing back  to get season tickets, or will there be a lot more football for a fiver next season?

Comments

• edited May 2021
    Just in comparison we won 8 in the league above last season. 

In normal times winning matches will draw the crowds back. Even then, we could have won 8 in a row and have back to back home matches against Morecambe and Accrington wouldn’t look that appealing in league 1 next year. 
  • Oh that was the other thing on Charlton life, said Accrington had 10 wins at home, our home form is embarrassing!
  • Oh that was the other thing on Charlton life, said Accrington had 10 wins at home, our home form is embarrassing!
    Are you on the wrong forum 😂
  • It’s shameful at this level. 
  • The two seasons we got relegated from the top flight - 89/90 and 98/99 we won 4. But that was slightly better opposition!

We won 5 in 15/16.
  • What I'm forgetting is that we played a lot less games - 19 at home v 23.
  • Sponsored links:

• What I'm forgetting is that we played a lot less games - 19 at home v 23.
    I think it’s still a slightly lower average home win rate in those Premier League seasons, but as you say we were playing the best teams in the land then. This season we’ve lost to teams who aren’t even the best team in their town!
  • We won 6/21 at home in the 79-80 season which was superb compared to our away form that season. 0/21 !
  • No excuse for it. It's a disgrace imo the players just havent given a monkeys. Look at the celebration the opposition players had last home game when they equalised in stoppage time and they on paper had nothing to play for. Our lot score and they shuffle back for the kick off without not seeming that pleased to have scored. Unfortunately I think we have suffered with too many players knowing they are out of contract and will be moving on so cant be arsed
  • In 2006/07 we beat Aston Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, Manchester City, Newcastle, West Ham and Wigan.  In a relegation season. 
  • No fans, players approaching the end of their contracts, injuries and a lot of the other "excuses" aren't unique to us.  Even in this divison.

Crewe had almost as many players approaching the end or on loan as us as an example.

Letting in 2 goals a game, at home, in this divison, as often as we have is criminal.  Failing to address it on the 1st of January is negligence. 
  • Just strange and embarrassing. Something's not right. I don't know who's to blame.

Probably a lot of people. 

Just a joke
  • Home points from the last few seasons. 

2020/21, 25 points, 21 games (League 1)
    2019/20, 30 points, 23 games (Championship)
    2018/19, 53 points, 23 games (League 1)
    2017/18, 39 points, 23 games (League 1)
    2016/17, 35 points, 23 games (League 1)
    2015/16, 23 points, 23 games (Championship)
    2014/15, 36 points, 23 games (Championship)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    It's nothing short of pathetic.
  • Need to just wave goodbye to this freak season.
  • Six wins but how many defeats? Is it nine? In div 3 that is pathetic. 
  • Season’s not over yet to be fair, it could be as many as eight home wins! 
  • se9addick said:
    Season’s not over yet to be fair, it could be as many as eight home wins! 
    it won't
  • DOUCHER said:
    the logical conclusion is that the valley covered end and the liverpool kop have been missed more than other clubs equivalent - sheffield utd could possibly make a claim to also be as influential as us and Liverpool fans 
    Which tells you that fans make a lot of difference. I used to dismiss "home advantage" but now understand it had nothing to do with things like the slope of the pitch (Barnet) but all to do with the crowd cheering or berating the players and atmosphere. 

Can't wait for next season when we will be able to be the 12th man again. 
  • So what is the explanation for our away form
    is it that our away support is so pony that no fans are better than the pitiful numbers we bring 🤷‍♂️
  • With empty grounds I don't think there is such a thing as home and away fixtures.
    Having said that it is strange why our victories are so unbalanced.
  • se9addick said:
    It’s, frankly, disgraceful to only win six home games over a season in the third tier. 
    I was looking for the word, but you found it first. Yes it is disgraceful.