Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Second Charlton Life Chess.com tournament 2021

I will start this in a few weeks. If you want to take part post your Chess.com user name here (don’t assume I remember everyone’s chess.com username).

New participants welcome. Unlimited entries. If more than 12 entries players will be split into groups.

Comments

• Seth Plum

Many thanks for organising.
  • Yes please
    spencerpollard75
  • Yes please
    IdleHans
  • Yes

sheffieldred 

thanks 
  • I'm somehow still playing in the September 2020 tournament so I'll pass on this one but thanks. 
  • Talal said:
    I'm somehow still playing in the September 2020 tournament so I'll pass on this one but thanks. 
    Yes...I made two mistakes with how I set that tournament up. Allowing vacation time and specifying three to go through from each group.
  • It's very good how stuff like this gets organised and sorted. Sounds decent.

I'm tempted to download the app and take part. Can I just have the relative info and I'll look into it. Haven't played chess in a long time. Used to play it every day and was addicted.

Cheers 
  • Dave2l said:
    It's very good how stuff like this gets organised and sorted. Sounds decent.

I'm tempted to download the app and take part. Can I just have the relative info and I'll look into it. Haven't played chess in a long time. Used to play it every day and was addicted.

Cheers 
    Just download the chess.com app, let me know your chess.com username and I will issue an invite via chess.com to join the tournament when I am ready to start it.
  • Yes please @Red_in_SE8
    Username is Pop662 
    Thanks for organising
  • edited May 2021
    I'm feeling quite chessed out at the moment so will give this one a miss, but thanks for organising once again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    It's very good how stuff like this gets organised and sorted. Sounds decent.

Cheers 
    Just download the chess.com app, let me know your chess.com username and I will issue an invite via chess.com to join the tournament when I am ready to start it.

Ok I'll look into getting it sorted soon and will let you know 
  • I'm back on - PadstheFish! Would like to be back involved if all good.
  • I'd like to be included although probably in the 2nd division! Ianmh29
    However I will be away from 19 May for a week and won't be able to play in this time, so if it starts before then I won't be able to play.
  • redman said:
    I'd like to be included although probably in the 2nd division! Ianmh29
    However I will be away from 19 May for a week and won't be able to play in this time, so if it starts before then I won't be able to play.
    Ok.  There is no rush to get it started. I will aim to start it late May.
  • edited May 2021
    Bump

I will start this tournament at the end of this month.

Any additional players who want to join please post your Chess.com user name here and you will be invited to join on the Chess.com app.
  • Intend to start this tournament on June 1st. All invites have been sent. Please accept by logging into Chess.com and clicking and accepting the invite.
  • Still waiting for invitation acceptance from
    @superclive
    @CAFC Luke

@redman and @Dave2l let me know your chess.com name if you still want to take part.
  • sorry I will have to pass on it this time as have a lot of days coming up I won't be able to play. Thanks for the invite though 
  • edited May 2022
    I played in my first ever over-the-board tournament down in Frome a few weekends ago. Managed 2.5/5 which I was delighted with as I honestly didn't expect anything and the lowest-rated person I played was 1390 or something.

I really enjoyed the experience and encourage anyone who plays chess online but hasn't tried a tournament yet to give it a go. I thought it would be quite tense and competitive but it was actually pretty friendly and relaxed. Had a good chat before and after the game with everyone I played. 

Also a great excuse for a weekend away!
  • Chunes said:
    I played in my first ever over-the-board tournament down in Frome a few weekends ago. Managed 2.5/5 which I was delighted with as I honestly didn't expect anything and the lowest-rated person I played was 1390 or something.

I really enjoyed the experience and encourage anyone who plays chess online but hasn't tried a tournament yet to give it a go. I thought it would be quite tense and competitive but it was actually pretty friendly and relaxed. Had a good chat before and after the game with everyone I played. 

I played for over 40 years for Charlton Chess Club, over the board chess is the best, I don't know if you live near a chess  club if you do it maybe worth you looking into joining it
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Chunes said:

I played for over 40 years for Charlton Chess Club, over the board chess is the best, I don't know if you live near a chess  club if you do it maybe worth you looking into joining it
    Charlton Chess Club is not too far from me but I heard they've got a waiting list...? Might give them an email. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Charlton Chess Club is not too far from me but I heard they've got a waiting list...? Might give them an email. 
    There is no waiting list, new members are very welcome, they meet every Monday from 7pm to 10pm