Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Honest opinion. Is anyone really that bothered if we don’t go up this season?

I’m not.

Got used to the idea weeks ago that this bunch of useless pricks wouldn’t take us up.  Complete rebuild over the summer please TS and let’s make a proper fist of it then.

What does everyone else think? 

Comments

• bobmunro said:
    Yes

Is it a disaster if we don’t? No.
    We’d come straight back down 
  • Would prefer to avoid more games against the likes of Accrington. And in my lifetime of support we either bounce straight back or it takes three seasons. Need to break that pattern now.
  • bobmunro said:
    Yes

My thoughts exactly 
  • Agree 110%...shocker of a season.. Dreadful players... No heart and quite frankly we don't and haven't deserved to go up.

Only having six home wins is an embarrassing stat. If we'd been in the ground watching I'm convinced LB would have gone much earlier but doubt bringing in Nigel or anybody would have changed the outcome.

We need a complete overhaul and we should look forward to that. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Yes

We’d come straight back down 
    With the current squad, of course. I doubt we will see much of the current squad if we go up or stay down.
  • Sponsored links:

• League One is so boring to watch. 

It pains me that we have to sit through games like today where the ability level on the whole is so so poor. 
  • Anyone would surely want their team to get promoted of course.

But thinking longer term it might actually be better to rebuild this summer and get a decent young, hungry side for next season that can go up and then only needs a few additions in the championship.

Most teams that go up are on the rise, playing well and only need a few additions. If this lot went up i worry we'd need an entire new squad and would struggle all year and be straight back down the season after.
    Very good post, agree with everything you say.
  • Rothko said:
    Considering where we were in August then no, have been of the view this season, that I’m thankful for still having a club to support.

now if you ask me the same question in May 2022, the answer will be very different 
    Totally 
  • How can anyone not be bothered about spending another year in this abysmal division?! I want us to go up.
  • Do not want another season of league 1
  • After watching a game of football like that you don’t want to go up 😂
  • Tbh there's rumours @ElfsborgAddick will be back next season.
    No matter what league we are in next season it will be a nightmare.
  • It's not going to be easy getting out of this division next year. 

It would have been better to grab the chance while it's still crap.
  • I want us to go up. I'm not crushed if we don't though because I believe we've got good things in place to do well going forward. It was much, much more important to get promoted in 18/19 because there was no chance we would be able to put together a squad of that level again. Hopefully this summer without a cap we can raid the teams around us and put together a squad of decent younger players on 3 year contracts and have a plan for a way of playing each week. We need to throw off some of the old mentalities that this squad picked up last season when everyone was injured
  • Sure want us to go up, massive rebuild required, when you see Derby have 43 points with one game to go, just shows how unlucky we were last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think it is something that people need to worry about to be honest. Even if we win our last two games, mathematically it is very unlikely we will make playoffs. 
  • I was half hoping for us to get to Wembley and knew in my heart that we were not good enough to go up and that someone like Blackpool would be good enough to win a Wembley battle. But looking at results there seems to be no clear and obvious candididate to win any play-off Final so in that respect I still want us to get into the play-offs and who knows? Of course we don’t deserve promotion but it is not really about deserving promotion it’s about winning it.
  • I'd love to see us go up, but we'd need a total rebuild to try and stay in the Championship again. 

We need to build a side like the last two promotions and then strengthen, which we failed to do on both seasons back on the Championship. Next season will be better I'm sure. 
  • I've been resigned to us not going up since the start of the season, and even though everyone describes the play-offs as a lottery, I've not been convinced we'd get as far as the final if we staggered our way into them, even when we were having our new manager bounce.
  • League One is so boring to watch. 

It pains me that we have to sit through games like today where the ability level on the whole is so so poor. 
    But not all L1 games are like today's

MKD and Crewe both played superb passing football at The Valley when we played them
  • Not as concerned as I was about 6/7 weeks ago. Was worried that we would need to sign 20 players to even make the play offs.Since then Gilbey and DJ have stepped up and shown they aren’t rubbish and can be good players in this division.  Personally, I cannot see how we are going to be worse next season than this year. Hoping next year will be the start of a brilliant journey under TS.
  • I’d like to see us go up - ambition is important. But so is realism. 
    I do think we shouldn’t forget or underestimate what the years under Roland followed by the ESI debacle has done to our club.  Following an awful game at Accrington there’s a lot of anger - given that a playoff spot is looking unlikely, that's understandable. The players we have now are the result of a very difficult transfer window when we were limited with who we could sign. 
    I think this close season will see sea-change back of house, and a complete squad overhaul - and being realistic this will mean next year is when we will be looking to push for automatic promotion. Hopefully that also means we would go into the Championship in a far stronger position to push on ASAP to the Premier League. 
  • clb74 said:
    Tbh there's rumours @ElfsborgAddick will be back next season.
    No matter what league we are in next season it will be a nightmare.
    Only place to be, cheering us on to promotion.