Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

virtual card payment terminal

anyone in this line of business small heating company would like to be able to take card payments over the net as currently rely on transfers and cheques. 

Comments

• Not in the business myself bud, but I'd say Zettle and SumUp are probably the best ones to go to. They're enjoying widespread use at cricket clubs and various events companies I've also dealt with, fees are somewhere around 1.7% per transaction for SumUp, think Zettle is 1.75%. Hope that's of some sort of use.
  • If it's simply website use rather than on the road, will partly depend on your website build, what's it built on?
  • edited April 2021
    It’s for taking payments over the phone as a secondary option I know many use virtual terminals.

majority of our customers are long standing and simply pay by transfer however I would like to be able to accept cards from the office over the phone. 
  • Have a look at Worldpay as well
  • following with interest.
    I should have set myself up for this ages ago.  My photography business very much relies on bank transfers where as this would give customers more flexibility.
  • Worldpay are the devil

Have a look at the two mentioned above and Square, better simpler tech 
  • PayPal invoice 
  • Rothko said:
    Worldpay are the devil

I bow to your greater knowledge - they used to be owned by the bank I work for, and they were ok when part of my bank (they were sold off years ago)
  • Rothko said:
    Worldpay are the devil

I bow to your greater knowledge - they used to be owned by the bank I work for, and they were ok when part of my bank (they were sold off years ago)
    Yeah, they've been a bit better since leaving RBS. But if you're a small business looking at simple terminals for taking payments then the new 3 are better, and I think Stripe are going to be launching a terminal based system too. Also the newer suppliers will have stuff like being able to send a payment link made easy, and new things like Pay By Bank in the pipeline. 

• if you use something like Xero or Quickbooks, it's quite easy to take payment via cards. You'll send the customer an invoice by email and then they can pay online.

Alternatively, Zettle, Sumup and Square are all good and similar pricing. Just have a look at them and see what one you prefer.

• Sponsored links:

• if you use something like Xero or Quickbooks, it's quite easy to take payment via cards. You'll send the customer an invoice by email and then they can pay online.

Alternatively, Zettle, Sumup and Square are all good and similar pricing. Just have a look at them and see what one you prefer.

and also look who you bank with for the Xero and Quickbook integrations, Tide, Monzo and Starling all do that very well
  • We use Worldpay and find it okay, though I only deal with taking the payments from customers. Our finance department deal with the actual payments from Worldpay, so can't comment on how that works. 
  • Rothko said:
    if you use something like Xero or Quickbooks, it's quite easy to take payment via cards. You'll send the customer an invoice by email and then they can pay online.

and also look who you bank with for the Xero and Quickbook integrations, Tide, Monzo and Starling all do that very well
    Revolut even more so! (and I'm a Monzo guy!)
  • I use Worldpay & streamline before them for 15 years for in person & phone payments & never had an issue , can’t comment on customer service or their ability to fix things because I’ve never had a need to so I guess that’s a good thing