Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Odense Bulldogs - Danish Ice Hockey team. Major investment from Sandgaard capital

Comments

• The Funen businessman, Thomas Sandgaard, has become involved in the Odense Bulldogs with a larger capital injection. In addition to Thomas Sandgaard's investment, there has also been significant support among local stakeholders around Odense Bulldogs, who have also chosen to invest in the club.

Thomas Sandgaard looks forward to his involvement in the Odense Bulldogs and is delighted to be able to help push the club in the right direction.

"Odense Bulldogs are undergoing an exciting development, and I see it as an extremely interesting project to get involved in. I am originally from Funen and lived the first 20 years in Ringe and Odense, which also means that I have an emotional relationship with the city, which contributes to the fact that I am now involved in the Odense Bulldogs.

I also know Ole and know what he stands for, as well as what he has done in the past. Therefore, I also have full confidence in the project and I look forward to being part of the journey and contributing to the positive development of the club. At the same time, I hope that my involvement can help to set more wheels in motion around the club and create a positive effect that is contagious on the Funen business community.

Covid-19 has created challenging conditions for all entertainment, but especially the sport has been hit hard. Therefore, the timing for my commitment could not be better, as it is now that we really need to get started again and get well out of the starting holes. ” - Explains Thomas Sandgaard.

The capital injection means that a significant challenge has been released with the equity that previously prevented the Odense Bulldogs from increasing the player budget. Therefore, there is now financial scope to grow the club in both the sports and commercial area, with which a better sports product can be developed and the business ambitions realized.

“It is a day of joy for the Odense Bulldogs. With the capital injection, we not only offset the negative equity, but also become "masters of our own house", which gives rise to the business growing. It allows us to raise the player budget and create a stronger product on the ice. We can therefore now look ahead and continue the positive business development both sportingly, commercially and organizationally in order to fulfill the club's ambitions for the benefit of all stakeholders. ” - Tells chairman of the board of Odense Bulldogs, Thomas Hertz Andersen.

The CEO of Odense Bulldogs, Ole Nielsen, has worked intensively with the board on the capital injection since the turn of the year and this work is now bearing fruit through Ole's relationship with Thomas Sandgaard.

“We have been in dialogue with Thomas Sandgaard for the past few months and we are both happy and proud that we have now succeeded in getting such a strong partner in the share circle. We look forward to the future, where Thomas Sandgaard's commitment in the future will be part of the positive development that the club is currently undergoing. ” - Says Ole Nielsen.

The work of creating a competitive team begins now, and through responsible operation, the club's positive development must continue.

“Our goal is not just achieved by raising capital. But it is the starting shot for us to move in the right direction and again be able to lead the Odense Bulldogs back to the top of Danish ice hockey. It is now our task to continue the development of the club, create a stronger sporting product and ensure the financially solid foundation through the operation on which the club's future is to be built. ” - Round off Ole Nielsen.

Thomas Sandgaard is originally from Funen, but has lived in the United States since 1996, where he founded the successful pharmaceutical company Zynex Inc., which produces medical equipment. Thomas Sandgaard also became a household name on many people's lips when he bought the former Premier League club, Charlton Athletic, in 2020.

• "...... the former Premier League club, Charlton Athletic, in 2020".

Ouch. Is that how the world knows us?

• Here we go again... Bloody network signings next!!
    Won't be OoohAaah's son.
  • We're last year's toy.
    He’s lost interest already 😔 
  • We're last year's toy.
    Charlton is for life, not just for Christmas this season  :smile:

• Viggo Jakobsen to be Head of Sport at Thomas Towers? 
  • Oggy Red said:

"...... the former Premier League club, Charlton Athletic, in 2020".

I quite like that to be honest. Third tier sounds very grim and is non-league in most of europe... arguably it should be here as well the standard of football it produces!!
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s setting his sights on moving closer to home. All good! 
  • Oggy Red said:

"...... the former Premier League club, Charlton Athletic, in 2020".

I quite like that to be honest. Third tier sounds very grim and is non-league in most of europe... arguably it should be here as well the standard of football it produces!!
    Yeah, you're right.

Though you forgot to add Charlton Athletic: FA Cup winners.

You listening, Palace and Millwall ..... ? :smile:

• Oggy Red said:

"...... the former Premier League Championship club, Charlton Athletic, in 2020".

Is this better?

;) 
  • The name Odense seems familiar to me. Did we have a player on loan or trail from Odense? Maybe when Curbishley was in charge. 
  • Inniss off to the bulldogs then. 

Will enjoy life more in all that padding.
  • Stewart said:
    The name Odense seems familiar to me. Did we have a player on loan or trail from Odense? Maybe when Curbishley was in charge. 
    Christian Bolaños?
  • Stewart said:
    The name Odense seems familiar to me. Did we have a player on loan or trail from Odense? Maybe when Curbishley was in charge. 
    As @Macronate wrote, Bolanos signed for Charlton, but failed to get a work permit. He instead went on to play for my local side, OB Odense.
    Apart from that, not a lot of history between the clubs.
    OB Odense were in talks with JJ, but he signed for Swedish club Malmo instead.
    Lars Jacobsen had a trial with Charlton in 2000, but ended up staying with OB Odense for another couple of seasons. He later played a few games for Everton, Blackburn and West Ham.

Nom-football, Odense is known as being the birth place of Hans Christian Andersen.
  • Danepak said:
    Stewart said:
    As @Macronate wrote, Bolanos signed for Charlton, but failed to get a work permit. He instead went on to play for my local side, OB Odense.
    Lars Jacobsen had a trial with Charlton in 2000, but ended up staying with OB Odense for another couple of seasons. He later played a few games for Everton, Blackburn and West Ham.

Nom-football, Odense is known as being the birth place of Hans Christian Andersen.
    I visited Odense in 1989, we had a twin arrangement with the University there through the student society AIESEC!
  • Danepak said:
    Stewart said:

I visited Odense in 1989, we had a twin arrangement with the University there through the student society AIESEC!
    You should’ve popped in to say hi.