Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Good interview 
  • Comes across really well in the interview.  There doesn't appear to be many characters in the current squad  , but Iniss is like a breath of fresh air , just hope he stays fit .
  • Perhaps hinting it was a very negative place previously 
    Of course you would say that.
  • edited April 2021
    Perhaps hinting it was a very negative place previously 
    Of course you would say that.
     :D knew you would take the bait, couldn't resist sorry
  • I saw the video interview after the Doncaster game and it was interesting that he wouldn't really comment on Bowyer at all. That coupled with the breath of fresh air comments about Adkins does read into a bit of an unhappy camp under Bowyer.

A slight worry though was that he said the run of games before his injury was one of the longest times he had been injury free. That really wasn't a lot of games! Just hope he can stay fit as he can be such an asset for us. 
  • We need him to hang on for 11 games.
  • I saw the video interview after the Doncaster game and it was interesting that he wouldn't really comment on Bowyer at all. That coupled with the breath of fresh air comments about Adkins does read into a bit of an unhappy camp under Bowyer.

A slight worry though was that he said the run of games before his injury was one of the longest times he had been injury free. That really wasn't a lot of games! Just hope he can stay fit as he can be such an asset for us. 
    It was about 6 games ffs

I think he was referring to a period without injury as opposed to a run of games, so it will include much of the previous season when he was fit but wasnt playing senior football.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope your right otherwise we are in trouble if our main defender is on the treatment table more than the pitch. Anyone know what his previous injury record is like ? Maybe that's why he wasnt playing at a higher level perhaps
  • Hopefully he will be one of the beneficiaries of TS's extra expense in the medical area. Fingers crossed they can find the cause of the problems as I believe a fully fit Ryan Inniss is a class above league 1
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Hopefully he will be one of the beneficiaries of TS's extra expense in the medical area. Fingers crossed they can find the cause of the problems as I believe a fully fit Ryan Inniss is a class above league 1
    Even TS cannot stretch to a full body transplant!

If he was not injury prone we wouldn't of got a sniff.

Hope the big fella stays fit for the rest of the season including Wemberly.... (COUGH!)
  • Think he’s league one been playing awhile and never looked like getting any higher permanently 
  • edited April 2021
    Think he’s league one been playing awhile and never looked like getting any higher permanently 
    When fit he’s Championship quality, easily, I reckon. 
  • AndyG said:
    I hope your right otherwise we are in trouble if our main defender is on the treatment table more than the pitch. Anyone know what his previous injury record is like ? Maybe that's why he wasnt playing at a higher level perhaps
    He was the same age as Johnny Williams was when we signed him and had played about the same number of games. 
  • Guy is made of glass and I would put money that he is out injured again for a period of time before the end of the season
  • He’s obviously a big strong fella, but when someone is unavailable as often as he is it either means there’s an underlying physical weakness or impairment that leaves him vulnerable to further injury, or he’s just plain unlucky. I’m hoping it’s the latter. 
    Unless you know for sure it’s the former I’d keep your money in your pocket. 
    🤞
  • Thought he had dodgy knee problem?
  • Thing that impressed me on Saturday was the way he strode out if defence a couple of times with the ball at his feet. Looked very silky and didn’t panic and give the ball away as he got further up the pitch. Perhaps he is the true heir to Naby’s throne and not Famewo after all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d say that’s the most comfortable he’s looked with the ball at his feet by a long way with us .
    Hopefully a sign of things to come,  rather than the fact Doncaster were shit scared of him and didn’t go anywhere near him to put him under pressure .
    Sunderland will be a better test .
    Perhaps footballers always trot out the same lines when new managers come in .. 

What is certain is that we’d be significantly better placed if he had been fit all season. 

• I’d say that’s the most comfortable he’s looked with the ball at his feet by a long way with us .
    Hopefully a sign of things to come,  rather than the fact Doncaster were shit scared of him and didn’t go anywhere near him to put him under pressure .
    Sunderland will be a better test .
    Inniss V Wyke will be a key battle.  I wonder if we will try anything fancy to nullify McGeady. 
  • edited April 2021
    Really interesting interview.

Reading between the lines on it:

Bowyer's regime was less positive and Adkins a complete change.
    “Really positive. He’s been a breath of fresh air. I came back into training towards the end of the last regime. I wasn’t involved as much so I can’t really speak on that but it’s just all about what we’re going to do now and looking forward.

There were grey areas in Bowyer's training. Players weren't communicating.
    It’s definitely been positive, a lot of structure, for all the boys there’s no grey areas really. There’s definitely more we can learn, we can do a lot better. But getting the basics of three points, clean sheet, the boys are speaking to each other. I really enjoyed it.

Not everyone was pulling in the same direction. They are now.
    It’s all about winning games at this stage of the season. The new manager has been in, we’ve had a little shuffle around staff-wise. But I feel like we’re all on the same page and we’re only going to grow from here. We can look upwards now hopefully.”

Something went on with Bowyer's exit. 
    “I don’t concentrate on things like that,” he said...
    ...So, I can’t really speak on those situations. Just crack on with the task ahead.

Ryan enjoyed playing under Bowyer earlier in the season.
    “I played under the previous gaffer and I’ve played under this gaffer and I’ve enjoyed it. Selfishly, I want the team to do well and be where we should be and focus on my comeback. 

Players are focused on their own results, the things they can affect.
    “[The rest of the season is] all about us. There’s two ways we can look at it. We’re playing the sides that are up there. We haven’t got to rely on any other team. We know we’ve got to go and get three points against the teams we can topple out of their positions. I think I’d rather it this way.

These games won't be easy and it's a big IF to make playoffs.
    “We know we’re going into a big game. Every game is a cup final. I know it’s a cliché but they’re the games we want to play in. Which then, if we do make it into the play-offs, we’ve had that calibre of games. But we’re taking one step at a time and we’re steadily improving, hopefully come the end of the season we’re up there.”
  • I'm not so bothered about his ball skills. It is his bullying skills I think we need. Winning those headers all over the pitch, including in both boxes being the beast that scares opponents. 
  • This fella wants to play for Charlton, and in the past we have had success with a core of players with this mentality.

I like him, and I think he will be skipper one day.
  • edited April 2021
    He could easily be a cult figure, but he has a terrible injury record. He was just out for 5-months from kicking a ball. Will take a miracle for him to stay fit.