Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Doncaster 0-1 Charlton

many thanks to the 93 Lifers who gave marks

Comments

• Those pass percentage stats are an eye opener

JFC - 47%
    Gilbey - 68%
    Pratliesta - 72%

Purrington - 35%
    Matthews - 71%
  • I really like JFC and he will be my player of the season.
    I wonder how many folk were influenced by the television voices, because to me Pratley was our best player on Saturday but our stats have him as fifth best.
    Hmmmmn.
  • once again the worrying stat is possession. For less than a third of the game did we have the ball, and it does matter. It shows we are unable to control the game, and is why we cannot get promoted. 
  • edited April 2021
    msomerton said:
    once again the worrying stat is possession. For less than a third of the game did we have the ball, and it does matter. It shows we are unable to control the game, and is why we cannot get promoted. 
    We had 39% possession, which is more than a third. A third is 33.33%.
    It doesn't matter because we have won most often this season when we have had the least possession (I think).
    Even if I think wrong, it's not the amount of possession, but what you achieve with the possession.
    I think MKD earlier in the season had roughly the 8th best possession stats in Europe and were hovering above the L1 relegation zone.

Today's game MKD 0 Crewe 2
    MKD had 70% possession.
  • msomerton said:
    once again the worrying stat is possession. For less than a third of the game did we have the ball, and it does matter. It shows we are unable to control the game, and is why we cannot get promoted. 
    It doesn't matter, to me it is the meaningless stat in football sometimes. Often better to move the ball on quickly than a defender taking loads of touches at the back, slowing the game down and letting the opposition get their shape back. 
    Our game plan on Saturday was clearly to get the ball forward quickly which we did. Our goal came from that but as can be seen from the stats Stockley's touches often went to the opposition (as they are bound to if the opposition are defending properly). Only needs to come off on occasions to be a successful game plan. In fact once was enough on Saturday.
  • edited April 2021
    redman said:
    msomerton said:
    It doesn't matter, to me it is the meaningless stat in football sometimes. Often better to move the ball on quickly than a defender taking loads of touches at the back, slowing the game down and letting the opposition get their shape back. 
    Our game plan on Saturday was clearly to get the ball forward quickly which we did. Our goal came from that but as can be seen from the stats Stockley's touches often went to the opposition (as they are bound to if the opposition are defending properly). Only needs to come off on occasions to be a successful  game plan. In fact once was enough on Saturday.
    Absolutely correct. Wimbledon are in the top three for possession stats. Not in league 1, not in the EFL, not in the UK - but in the whole of Europe.
  • Oh, and they were again today - but lost. Again.
  • MK Dons not AFC Wimbledon.
  • MK Dons not AFC Wimbledon.
    Whoops! 
    Aren’t they the same Club though? 😉
  • edited April 2021
    The most undeserving MOM so far this season. 47% passes completed is absolutely woeful for any man in the middle of the park.
  • Sponsored links:

• The most undeserving MOM so far this season. 47% passes completed is absolutely woeful for any man in the middle of the park.
    Surprised his pass % was so low, maybe i was swayed by the TV but i also felt he was MOTM, always seem to break down Doncasters attacks, didn't look wasteful. Crazy game when it comes to stats, however i still wouldn't take it away from him, still our best player this season by a mile and normally has that quality on the ball. 
  • The most undeserving MOM so far this season. 47% passes completed is absolutely woeful for any man in the middle of the park.
    If you were being kind you could say the strong form he has showed in other games has led to him getting supportive reviews and scoring even when he’s not hitting the heights 
  • 80 yellow cards. Can we hit the magic 100 mark?  ;)  
  • DJ, Gilbey both did well considering recent game time, new whipping boys?
    Surprised his pass % was so low, maybe i was swayed by the TV but i also felt he was MOTM, always seem to break down Doncasters attacks, didn't look wasteful. Crazy game when it comes to stats, however i still wouldn't take it away from him, still our best player this season by a mile and normally has that quality on the ball. 
    Personally I thought his pass % would be lower. 

Surprised me that it was almost 50%. His workrate, interception and tackling were very good second half.