Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crowd shushing gestures.

Watched the highlights of Chelsea v WBA, and noticed that after 3 or 4 goals, the scoring player does the shushing gesture to a non-existant crowd, have they not noticed, are they stupid, or creatures of habit?

Comments

• All three.
  • Think that that is the joke
  • Hal1x said:
    Watched the highlights of Chelsea v WBA, and noticed that after 3 or 4 goals, the scoring player does the shushing gesture to a non-existant crowd, have they not noticed, are they stupid, or creatures of habit?
    Perhaps he was shushing the manager, bench and anybody else in the ground with the opposition that are shouting instructions and comment ..must admit, the sooner we get crowds back to drown them out again the better in my opinion.
  • Hal1x said:
    "I saw someone do something. Doesn't he realise that no-one could see him do it?" 
  • Hal1x said:
    Perhaps he was shushing the manager, bench and anybody else in the ground with the opposition that are shouting instructions and comment ..must admit, the sooner we get crowds back to drown them out again the better in my opinion.
    Pathetic and annoying  gesture....should collect a booking for such actions...
    It's good if it's a genuine retort because someone's been getting unfair stick, most of the time though it's as lame as fuck. I'm more of a backflip man myself.  
  • David Speedie doing it to us after scoring for Blackburn at Upton Park. Grrr! 
  • Hal1x said:
    Tbh (and this is when crowds are back) it must be hard not to want to shut the crowd up if they have been hurling abuse at you all game. Football fans are happy to give it but when a player does anything back they are up in arms 
    Exactly, i still laugh at the Arsenal fans going absolutely mental after Adebayor ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of them after they'd spent the entire game abusing him.
  • Hal1x said:

Most of them are not the sharpest tools in the shed.
  • Sponsored links:

• i find the heart gesture which a lot of European players do a bit annoying/sickly. i remember seeing it done by loads of Olympic athletes and it seems to have taken over football as well now. 
  • of course no where near as bad as the choreographed handshakes that Son and Ali used to do. 
  • There's only one David Mooney!  :D
  • Once at a reserve game at PWR Welling I told Tony Cascarino he couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo, his response ‘shut up fatty’. If you can’t take it you shouldn’t give it in the first place.
    I thought that was Robert Fleck.
  • Once at a reserve game at PWR Welling I told Tony Cascarino he couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo, his response ‘shut up fatty’. If you can’t take it you shouldn’t give it in the first place.
    I thought that was Robert Fleck.
    No, Robert Fleck swore using the F word, Dad shouted oi mind your language and Fleck sauntered over and apologised to Dad. I say sauntered as he sauntered his way through the match and a one point accepted a drink from a can of beer from another fan. I do miss those reserve games.
  • Valley11 said:
    David Speedie doing it to us after scoring for Blackburn at Upton Park. Grrr! 
    Andy Johnson doing it to us when we sent palace down got my goat. Still gets me pissed off, ah well, we had the final laugh.
  • Hal1x said:
    Tbh (and this is when crowds are back) it must be hard not to want to shut the crowd up if they have been hurling abuse at you all game. Football fans are happy to give it but when a player does anything back they are up in arms 
    e.g. Karlan Grant when we played at Huddersfield, he was completely entitled to rub it in when he scored
  • Once at a reserve game at PWR Welling
    Welling played at the Posting Without Reading stadium?
  • I watched the match between Chelsea and West Brom. The unbelievable thing (besides the game itself) was the crowd noise... I looked it up on the net and learned that it was fake, specifically created for TV audience😅
  • Sponsored links:

• Jessie said:
    I watched the match between Chelsea and West Brom. The unbelievable thing (besides the game itself) was the crowd noise... I looked it up on the net and learned that it was fake, specifically created for TV audience😅
    Where have you been for the last year? have you not wondered why Sky sports 1 has crowd noise, but the same game on Sky Sports 2 hasnt.
  • Because Sky Sports 2 coverage don't put any microphones out?  :D
  • Hal1x said:
    Jessie said:
    I watched the match between Chelsea and West Brom. The unbelievable thing (besides the game itself) was the crowd noise... I looked it up on the net and learned that it was fake, specifically created for TV audience😅
    Where have you been for the last year? have you not wondered why Sky sports 1 has crowd noise, but the same game on Sky Sports 2 hasnt.
    I live in China (and am Chinese). I don't have Sky. 🤷
  • Jessie said:
    Hal1x said:
    Jessie said:
    I live in China (and am Chinese). I don't have Sky. 🤷
    Ah, in that case...mea culpa
  • The TV companies will do the same for Arsenal home games next season even when crowds return, to try and add some atmosphere!