Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunderland players assault opponents in tunnel. Police called

Comments

• Typical Lee Johnson side.
  • ban their key players and then turn them over next week.
  • Johnson, Robinson, Kettle will always be involved in nonsense. Add Kamara to it as the interviewer and its no surprise we have a big story.
  • Do these teams not have CCTV in the tunnels and dressing rooms, same as Barnsley with the Joey Barton incident? - All this blustering from both Lee Johnson and Karl Robinson, surely just keep your mouths shut as if there is anything to report to the police then clear evidence can be shown from cameras.
  • Sunderland feeling the pressure ? And next week they’ve got their promotion hopes nemesis...
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Johnson, Robinson, Kettle will always be involved in nonsense. Add Kamara to it as the interviewer and its no surprise we have a big story.
    I mean - Kettle is a prick, for sure - but blaming him for a headbutt is a bit of a stretch... 😬
  • Sponsored links:

• Possibly a stupid comment, but why were both teams in the tunnel at same time at HT. We’ve spent most of the season clattering down the West Stand stairs to avoid opposition. Sunderland apparently are so close to other team they can headbutt them. 
    Good point, the Stadium of Light surely has space for a separate entrance for the away side to the dressing room area or wherever they're changing?
  • Why not just let one team down the tunnel, once it's cleared the other team can then use it.

• all being very holier than thou over this .. remember Heaney v Taricco ((:>)
  • all being very holier than thou over this .. remember Heaney v Taricco ((:>)
    Yeah but that tw*t deserved it !
  • edited April 2021
    Maybe it’s a good job Lee Bowyer’s not in charge of us, could see him giving out some pastings to the Sunderland lads next week in the tunnel!
  • Hope there's no aggro in the tunnel when we play them, as Johnson always seems to be on the windup.
    Convenient the cameras were switched off! We need to put Johnson and Sunderland in their place!
  • Maybe it’s a good job Lee Bowyer’s not in charge of us, could see him giving out some pastings to the Sunderland lads next week in the tunnel!
    Bowyer will be too busy looking for the Battersea Poltergeist 
  • Calling the police seems a bit OTT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Possibly a stupid comment, but why were both teams in the tunnel at same time at HT. We’ve spent most of the season clattering down the West Stand stairs to avoid opposition. Sunderland apparently are so close to other team they can headbutt them. 
    Good point, the Stadium of Light surely has space for a separate entrance for the away side to the dressing room area or wherever they're changing?
    The rules are stupid. We walked out of the tunnel yesterday with doncaster.
  • Having seen the Max Power goal celebration, I am amazed how the ref didn't deem that to be serious ungentlemanly conduct.
  • Having seen the Max Power goal celebration, I am amazed how the ref didn't deem that to be serious ungentlemanly conduct.
    If gobbo can get a red card for pointing out they had a player injured when the free kick was taken that lead to Sunderlands second goal then so did the goal celebration.
  • edited April 2021
    Hope there's no aggro in the tunnel when we play them, as Johnson always seems to be on the windup.
    Convenient the cameras were switched off! We need to put Johnson and Sunderland in their place!
    I suspect initiating winding up players who were in the Charlton team that beat them at Wembley wouldn’t be the smartest thing to do if you didn’t want to be on the receiving end  of a massive piss take yourself. How many of our current squad were on the pitch that day two years ago ? Pratley, Pearce, Purrington...anyone else ?
  • Loved it when their guy was pissing about with the ball and Pratley walked up to him, grabbed the ball and pushed him over.
    Do that on the street and you get arrested under the Public Order Act as likely to cause a breach of the peace.

Absolutely requires a minimum of a yellow card. I would be unhappy if it was one of our players, unless we had just 'sent the Palace down' of course. 
  • Always makes me laugh the Sunderland player named after a magazine of cars and tits
    Do that on the street and you get arrested under the Public Order Act as likely to cause a breach of the peace.

Absolutely requires a minimum of a yellow card. I would be unhappy if it was one of our players, unless we had just 'sent the Palace down' of course. 
    What did he do that warranted being in breach of the peace? I saw him slide in front of the Oxford United bench. What happened after?