Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This season's kits £18

13»

Comments

• CAFCTrev said:
    Bought the home shirt last week from M & M. First wash today and off came the sponsor in one easy peel. Anyone else had this experience? Hummel logo unaffected and to be honest the shirt looks fine without the sponsor but not great it couldn't survive one wash at 40 degrees. 
    Im a football shirt collector so Im a bit nerdier about this stuff then your average, but I make a point of washing football shirts separately from the rest of the washing. Just use the powder and no fabric conditioner on a low temperature. 

Ive had printing come off loads of times though even on shirts Ive baby'ed, football shirts arent built to last these days!
    Turn the shirt inside out before washing.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Bought the home shirt last week from M & M. First wash today and off came the sponsor in one easy peel. Anyone else had this experience? Hummel logo unaffected and to be honest the shirt looks fine without the sponsor but not great it couldn't survive one wash at 40 degrees. 
    Im a football shirt collector so Im a bit nerdier about this stuff then your average, but I make a point of washing football shirts separately from the rest of the washing. Just use the powder and no fabric conditioner on a low temperature. 

Ive had printing come off loads of times though even on shirts Ive baby'ed, football shirts arent built to last these days!
    Yep, that too!
  • CAFCTrev said:

Handwashing them isn't a bad idea either

I've got the Napoli camo shirt from a few years ago that has the huge Lete sponsor which would look terrible if it came off and so I've only ever hand washed it.
  • Will the club shop be open again on the 12th? 
  • CAFCTrev said:

Is that do that the letters don't get lost? They just fall off and stick to a random part of the shirt ? 

Jokes aside, the grey kits were awful for this, this season. Definitely won't be bothering next year, especially if they can be got for £17 with 1/4 of the season to go. 
  • CAFCTrev said:

Handwashing them isn't a bad idea either

I've got the Napoli camo shirt from a few years ago that has the huge Lete sponsor which would look terrible if it came off and so I've only ever hand washed it.
    I collect a lot of national team stuff and I used to be all over picking up shirts with names and numbers on them, but they just fall off after a couple of years worth of washing and then they look terrible. Now I actively avoid getting anything with names and numbers. 

In saying that there's a bloke on YouTube/Facebook who repairs old shirts, fixes the peeling sponsors and names/numbers that are dying: https://www.facebook.com/footballcreations1
  • Anyone know how long the club shop take to get bits out at the moment?

Only just realised little un has some sort of numbers day at school on Friday so needs to go in in something with numbers on, was thinking of ordering a kit with one on the back for her, but think it'll probably arrive too late.