Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

COVID outbreak at Lincoln City - game rearranged for 4th May at 7pm (p5)

Comments

• Fortunately we still have the week available between Accrington and Hull for a mid week match.
  • edited March 2021
    No reason why players should be getting Covid now. Not to the extent that they cant field 11 players.
    18 players. (7 subs)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    No reason why players should be getting Covid now. Not to the extent that they cant field 11 players.

18 players. (7 subs)
    You don’t need to name 18 players though, do you? I’m sure Bowyer named less a few times. 
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

18 players. (7 subs)
    You don’t need to name 18 players though, do you? I’m sure Bowyer named less a few times. 
    Yep, they only need to be able to name 7
  • edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

18 players. (7 subs)
    You dont need 7 subs. Lots of clubs have played naming only 5 or 6. Christ, we did it at the start of the season 2 years ago. 

To make a game valid you only need to have 8 players on the pitch. 
  • If you're following the rules now, how can you contract COVID unless your players in question have broken them?

In which case force clubs to play on, lesson learnt for everyone else then 
  • Fortunately we still have the week available between Accrington and Hull for a mid week match.

That's what you don't want if you are chasing play offs. Playing 3 games in final 7 days of season 
    We just drew with Wimbledon, we do not create the impression of a team that is chasing the playoffs!
  • It's almost guaranteed to be postponed, because I got the offer to purchase the stream a couple of hours ago.
    I've not been buying it until the day of the game for the last few months.
    So I looked at the Covid stats, still dropping, lowest for 6 months, no football team have had it for some time (that I've heard).
    So with confidence I bought the stream 10 mins ago.
    I did the same as well (with my CAFC cash)!

Still I'm sure I'll watch the rearranged date anyway.
  • MKD will be annoyed too, as they're in form at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Tough. I reckon they need to either play the game or forfeit it. Only 2 free midweeks left. 13th April & 4th May 

• I notice from the BBC website regarding Lincoln that the EFL announced just THREE positive cases from their latest batch of testing (22/03 -28/03)......all eminnating from just 1 club. 

Sorry, but 3 cases just isn't enough to get a game called off imo. We played a few  games with Aneke & Levitt missing due to either being positive or self isolating. I appreciate the other players might be self isolating but when were the positive tests actually done......because if it is from the latest batch then the 10 days rule would end before our match on the 6th.

Anyone that has been near the 3 people who tested positive has to isolate.
  • Absolute liberty,other teams with larger squads would play,always said that the smaller squad reams would suffer in the long run.Quite simple,make all players take a test now,if they have 14-15 fit to play,then they must play.
  • Crusty54 said:
    I notice from the BBC website regarding Lincoln that the EFL announced just THREE positive cases from their latest batch of testing (22/03 -28/03)......all eminnating from just 1 club. 

Sorry, but 3 cases just isn't enough to get a game called off imo. We played a few  games with Aneke & Levitt missing due to either being positive or self isolating. I appreciate the other players might be self isolating but when were the positive tests actually done......because if it is from the latest batch then the 10 days rule would end before our match on the 6th.

Anyone that has been near the 3 people who tested positive has to isolate.
    I understand that but if you read my post I said that any 10 day isolation period could mean that they could still play our match. Just depends on when the 3 players returned positive tests. If it was before the 27th then that would mean they could still play us. It's not our problem that their training ground has to close.

Anyway, I doubt we will ever know the true timelines & will be f**ked over like we were with the Peterborough match. Nobody seems to care about rules anymore. I bet you'll find when we play them their top goalscorer (Grant) who is currently out injured will be fit again.
  • I will counter all the above with the fact I'm only going by the scant information given by the EFL. It could be that Lincoln have returned positive tests after the 28th (so either Monday or yesterday) & therefore the clock only started ticking yesterday. But again, it's all down to transparency & Lincoln/EFL letting people know the truth......which seems in short supply atm.