Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Important live streaming information ahead of Doncaster Rovers v Charlton

The club can confirm that Friday’s match at Doncaster Rovers will only be available to watch on Charlton TV’s Valley Pass Live in a very small number of countries, due to EFL broadcast restrictions.

As the match has been selected for live coverage by Sky Sports, the club are NOT permitted to live stream the game in the UK, Ireland or any country that is covered by the EFL’s global broadcast deal.

As the Doncaster match can only be streamed in a small number of countries, the club will not be running a full Valley Pass Live production. The live coverage – which will be available in multi-camera – will begin shortly before kick-off and will conclude at full-time.  

Fans in any of the below countries WILL be able to watch Doncaster Rovers v Charlton on Valley Pass Live. To purchase your pass, click here.

Europe: Albania, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg,, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, San Marino, Ukraine, Vatican City.

Middle East & North America: Gaza Strip, South Sudan, West Bank.

Africa: Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Namibia, Sao Tome e Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Western Sahara, Zimbabwe.

Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand.

Caribbean: Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cuba, Puerto Rico, St Barthelemy, St Helena, Ascension & Tristan da Cunha, St Kitts & Nevis, St Martin, St Vincent & the Grenadines, US Virgin Islands.

South America: Falkland Islands

Oceania: American Samoa, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New, Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna.

Valley Pass Live will return for a full production when Charlton host Lincoln City at The Valley on Tuesday, April 6th 2021 (7pm KO GMT).

Charlton vs Lincoln City will be available to watch worldwide.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/605e14804a095/important-live-streaming-information-ahead-of-doncaster-rovers-v-charlton

Comments

• No apology?
  • 'makes sure VPN working' 
  • You can't vpn it on the countries listed.
  • I have to say too, that last time this happened, my VPN could not crack access even when choosing 'dark' countries from that list such as Hungary or Luxembourg. I imagine that Sky are responsible for that technical aspect and will have fairly sophisticated blocking mechanisms at their disposal.
    It's possible that your real location is being picked up by your browser using it's geolocation api. I had this once when wanting to watch sky go in Mexico. Make sure you clear out cookies and change your browser settings to block sites accessing your location. It's not always done through your IP address.
  • I have to confess I gave up with the EFL. They insisted there was no issue with it being shown in Portugal, despite it obviously being the case... I can get it via Now TV luckily.  
  • edited March 2021

Surfshark has VPN's available for all those in bold from the club's list. 

Europe: Albania, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, San Marino, Ukraine, Vatican City

Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand

Unfortunately I won't be testing as I'll be watching on Sky. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

Europe: Albania, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, San Marino, Ukraine, Vatican City

Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand

My VPN is Surfshark. Not sure I rate it. For a long time they were struggling with BBC iPlayer. 

Did you use it successfully for the last blocked game? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I have to confess I gave up with the EFL. They insisted there was no issue with it being shown in Portugal, despite it obviously being the case... I can get it via Now TV luckily.  
    Mate, could I ask a favour, see if you can check the Portugal situation for this game? According to the EFL the rights holder is Eleven Sports. Ta. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

My VPN is Surfshark. Not sure I rate it. For a long time they were struggling with BBC iPlayer. 

I was using Surfeasy and Netherlands before and that worked fine. I have only recently started using Surfshark and it has worked for Netflix etc. 
  • My advice is do not trust that your vpn will deliver.
    If you find a short kosher local  £10 deal it is likely to be more reliable.
  • I have Express VPN and it worked for the last restricted match but I'll probably watch this one on sky seeing as there are no added features.
  • Dazzler21 said:

A VPN itself isn't necessarily enough.  Sky track NordVPN servers, for example, and exclude them.  

In any case, many VPNs do not mask other aspects of your location, for example the communication protocol managing the stream may give away the originating location.

I haven't needed to use it for a while but what seemed to be foolproof was using chrome browser with WebRTC Leak Shield as well as a VPN.
  • Before the previous Sky game, against Accrington, a charitable soul on CL gave us the link to a live stream.  I don't have Sky and don't live in Mongolia or the Marshall Islands - so would be very grateful if he will do that again.   
  • Can the club show us the pre game and after game without restrictions?
  • Glovepup said:
    Can the club show us the pre game and after game without restrictions?
    It would, if it could, but it can't, so it won't.
  • clive said:
    Glovepup said:
    Can the club show us the pre game and after game without restrictions?
    It would, if it could, but it can't, so it won't.
    Damn. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Never had a problem with Browsec. Has always worked in the past 
  • _MrDick said:
    Never had a problem with Browsec. Has always worked in the past 
    Browsec logs some user data but don't stipulate what data they collect.

From VPNCrew:

Pros

• Easy to Install: It is a one click install for the extensions as well as the mobile applications. The client is good to go right after the installation if the user is already subscribed to the service.
    • Fast Speeds: The speed for the fastest server is as good as the original speed on the service. The users can expect a fast and reliable connection on the network.
    • 36 Server Locations: With so many server locations, the users can easily bypass a lot of the geo restrictions, and the traffic density should also not cause any trouble with so many server locations in place

Cons

• Russian Jurisdiction: The jurisdiction and the local laws of the country don’t encourage the users to trust the service with their sensitive information. The opaque privacy policy of the company adds to the concern of the user.
    • Data-logging: The service provider has mentioned that there will be logging of some personal information while using the service. The details of this collected data is not discussed which leaves the user unsure about the product.
    • Customer Support: The customer services are not the best one for the product. You may have to wait for long hours for the reply, and then also may end up with irrelevant responses.
    Mate, could I ask a favour, see if you can check the Portugal situation for this game? According to the EFL the rights holder is Eleven Sports. Ta. 
    Eleven Sports only mention the Championship on their blurb, they never show anything from Leagues One or Two. This Friday they have Cardiff at 3.00 and Barnsley at 5.30. 

This is what Danny from the EFL wrote to me on Jan 6th:

Our overseas broadcast partners i.e. Eleven Sport will only purchase rights for particular matches and will never have the rights to all Championship or League One matches. You can view the international TV picks on our website at: https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/international-games/. 

If Eleven Sport have the rights to a particular Championship match then this will not affect your viewing on Valley Pass of Charlton’s match. The only matches affected on iFollow (or Club equivalent service) overseas are the specific matches where the rights have been purchased overseas.

Happy birthday, by the way... 🎂 😊 

• edited March 2021
    clive said:
    No apology?
    Sorry,no.
    Perfect reposte, :) nothing to do with the club.
  • I’m just chuckling at the fact that one of the regions given is “Middle East & North America”
  • A good test of geography that, I'd never heard of the likes of Northern Mariana Islands, Tokelau or Wallis & Gromit Futuna   
  • edited March 2021
    A good test of geography that, I'd never heard of the likes of Northern Mariana Islands, Tokelau or Wallis & Gromit Futuna   
    Huge branch of the suporters club there, K&F...  
  • edited March 2021
    I’d watch it as a pay per view on Now TV if I knew how to. It doesn’t appear as an App on my Virgin Media TV feed. Is it web only?
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’d watch it as a pay per view on Now TV if I knew how to. It doesn’t appear as an App on my Virgin Media TV feed. Is it web only?
    I've never used Now TV before, but I will be using it on my tablet and Chromecasting it to my TV like how I watch CharltonTV

A disappointing selection of other matches on Sky on Friday, so I won't really gain much else for my Now TV fee.
    Cheltenham vs Tranmere
    Barnsley vs Reading
    Birmingham vs Swansea
  • JamesSeed said:
    Have you got an Xbox in the house? Easy to use via one.