Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Boys of Summer 2021

Back to a 162 game season (fingers crossed).

Season starts 1 April.

Go Cards

Comments

• I’ll still be following the Giants!
  • Absolutely gutted Eloy Jimenez. Crazy injury will miss 6 months of the season, just as we have our best team in years. 
  • Kind of enjoying the phase the Red Sox are in of rebuilding.

The beauty of baseball. No success lasts forever.... now to re stock the farm system and make use of better draft picks next few years.

Still gonna hurt.

can’t see past the Dodgers again tbh. Anyone but the Yanks anyhow 
  • Do you all subscribe to the mlb tv channel? 
  • Can see Astros struggling with their rotation.

No Verlander or Valdez.

And Springer’s gone :neutral:
  • Hoping the Dodgers can repeat, should be there or thereabouts again this season.
  • Go Yankess!!!!
  • Macronate said:
    Can see Astros struggling with their rotation.

No Verlander or Valdez.

For some reason I kept Altuve in my dynasty fantasy league. He can't be as bad again, can he? 
  • colthe3rd said:
    Macronate said:
    Can see Astros struggling with their rotation.

No Verlander or Valdez.

For some reason I kept Altuve in my dynasty fantasy league. He can't be as bad again, can he? 
    Hope not but he could well be lead-off hitter this season so be interesting to see how he adapts.
  • NL West looks good this year. Padres look like they’re going all in on their current window but will have to go through LA. Should be fun to watch. 

Something that won’t be fun to watch... the Red Sox rotation. E-Rod was looking good but the dead arm has me worried. After him I’m not sure what else the rotation has to offer. Sale back in June at the earliest but I expect we will be sellers at the deadline so best not to rush him. At least we are seeing some talent in the farm again finally. 

Would have loved to have seen Lester return for a year instead of Richards. 
  • Sponsored links:

A hapless task, but Charlton stands us in good stead for the disappointments to come, Stu. 

Just not the evil Dodgers or Manchester United the Yankees please.   
  • Absolutely gutted Eloy Jimenez. Crazy injury will miss 6 months of the season, just as we have our best team in years. 
    Are you a White Sox fan? Did I know this already? I'm a huge White Sox fan. Was heartbroken about the Eloy news, and heartbroken for him. 
  • SDAddick said:
    Absolutely gutted Eloy Jimenez. Crazy injury will miss 6 months of the season, just as we have our best team in years. 
    Are you a White Sox fan? Did I know this already? I'm a huge White Sox fan. Was heartbroken about the Eloy news, and heartbroken for him. 
    I think I did mention it before.  I watch all white sox games and most mets games. The Twins look decent but I’m hoping we just have enough to win the division. Winning a play off series is what I want from this season. Hoping Lucas and the rest of the pitchers stay injury free. 
    A hapless task, but Charlton stands us in good stead for the disappointments to come, Stu. 

Just not the evil Dodgers or Manchester United the Yankees please.   
    I can’t help myself!
  • So first innings and the Cards are up 6 -1 in Cincinnati.

It's gonna be our year.
  • Do you all subscribe to the mlb tv channel? 
    Yes.  Have done for several years. 

Don't hesitate.  It's great.
  • Cardinals lose their 2nd and 3rd games (1-12 last night).

Back to reality.
  • There are some free games available to watch this afternoon/evening. I've seen the Red Sox game on MLB's YouTube channel and I think there are some others too. Might also be some games on the app.
  • Jdredsox said:
    There are some free games available to watch this afternoon/evening. I've seen the Red Sox game on MLB's YouTube channel and I think there are some others too. Might also be some games on the app.
    Cracking come from behind win last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very early days, but Cincinnati Reds look like they’ve got one hell of an offence.
    57 runs scored in 6 games.
  • Jdredsox said:
    There are some free games available to watch this afternoon/evening. I've seen the Red Sox game on MLB's YouTube channel and I think there are some others too. Might also be some games on the app.
    Cracking come from behind win last night.

I really enjoyed it, and thought it was well presented on YouTube. I still hold my breath every time our starter trots out though. 

Reds are on a hot streak and jumped all over the Pirates, definitely entertaining to watch as long as you aren't from Pittsburgh. I'll be interested to see where everyone is come the end of April, that usually my barometer for how things will pan out and whether any major changes are needed.
  • Very early days, but Cincinnati Reds look like they’ve got one hell of an offence.
    57 runs scored in 6 games.
    There’s hot and then there is JD Martinez hot. Guy has smashed more homers and RBIs than the entire Mets team combined so far.

Another 3 smashed out the park today. Guy is on fire.
  • Who stole the Red Sox and replaced them with these guys?  Nine wins on the trot. Last week everyone here had already written them off. 
  • Who stole the Red Sox and replaced them with these guys?  Nine wins on the trot. Last week everyone here had already written them off. 
    I know, crazy isn’t it? 0-3 after three games against the awful Orioles and everyone was wondering if they might be the worst team in the majors. 9 games later they look like an entirely different team.
    I wonder what the next week will bring...!
  • edited April 2021
  • I shall enjoy it while it lasts...

No photo description available
  • Cards win two v the Rockies.

Take that Sandgaard 😉
  • Cards win two v the Rockies.

Take that Sandgaard 😉
    They come to Chicago in about a week and a half I believe. Really exciting series, two of the best teams in baseball at the moment.