Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

www.addicksdownunder.com

The site got off to a very amiable start a while ago with a lot of old friends resurfacing.

Recently there hasn’t been anything happening.

i tried to poke my nose in yesterday to see if anything was going and couldn’t bring the site up.  Same this morning.

Just wondered if AddicksDownunder.com has closed?

Comments

• yep and he sold his scarf

• Matt Southall nicked it.
  • Is there a Facebook page for AddicksDownunder?

I’m not on Facebook but could join up through my granddaughter’s account if such a site existed.

We tried AddicksDownunder on Facebook but just got all the old stuff come up and I was wondering if perhaps fans in Aussie and NZ went under a different name now.

• Hi, all old stuff. The FB page is https://www.facebook.com/AddicksDownunder-167946233256128 but we never really used that. We have tried a few message forums over the years and even email chains but it died off as the club withered. I am in Melbourne and ironically I saw a white utility driving around with an Addicks sticker on the back window today but couldn't get close enough to see if I knew who was driving.
  • edited March 2021
    Hi, all old stuff. The FB page is https://www.facebook.com/AddicksDownunder-167946233256128 but we never really used that. We have tried a few message forums over the years and even email chains but it died off as the club withered. I am in Melbourne and ironically I saw a white utility driving around with an Addicks sticker on the back window today but couldn't get close enough to see if I knew who was driving.
    Hi @HongKongAddick , hope are well mate 
  • Hey AFKA. All good here. Stayed up into the wee hours watching the addicks while we were in lockdown but with school and work back on we've had to ease off on the all-nighters. have been keeping in touch with your bro. Hope to all catch up again one day. JD

• I'm sorry to say I can't help you regarding AddicksDownunder but it may be of interest that International Addicks has recently opened and is growing fast. We have just received official affiliation to CAFC. At present our members are mainly from Europe but of course we are happy to hear from all Addicks overseas. Please contact international.addicks@gmail.com.

Fyi we have a good connection with another global group called Addicks International - we understand that their members are based mainly in North America.

• That’s interesting.  Thanks GHF
  • I believe @TEL would be able to help with this, as addicks downunder was started by him. 
    We had a fairly big group going back 10 years ago, but it dwindled. 
    However I think tel revamped it recently. 

• No, that died too unfortunately
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel that geography is the problem here ...  We need smaller groups within 'addicksdownunder' for any affiliation to work ... ie Sydney, Auckland, Victoria etc ... it was a social group but drifted away as CAFC fell down the league.  The passion is still there but once you're on CL you feel like you're in the know already ... the next two weeks will be crucial.
  • The site got off to a very amiable start a while ago with a lot of old friends resurfacing.

i tried to poke my nose in yesterday to see if anything was going and couldn’t bring the site up.  Same this morning.

If you are in the UK I think you have to turn the laptop 180 degrees to look at the site...
  • The site got off to a very amiable start a while ago with a lot of old friends resurfacing.

If you are in the UK I think you have to turn the laptop 180 degrees to look at the site...
    🙋‍♂️
    🎤
  • I feel that geography is the problem here ...  We need smaller groups within 'addicksdownunder' for any affiliation to work ... ie Sydney, Auckland, Victoria etc ... it was a social group but drifted away as CAFC fell down the league.  The passion is still there but once you're on CL you feel like you're in the know already ... the next two weeks will be crucial.
    Have to agree. It's a 3 hour time difference between East and West, with a couple of diffent time zones in between. 
    The news we share on ADU was usually 3rd hand, usually taken from CL. 
    My missus reckons I spend too much time on CL, she wouldn't be happy if I spent even more time on the bog reading Charlton stuff! 

• I'm sorry to say I can't help you regarding AddicksDownunder but it may be of interest that International Addicks has recently opened and is growing fast. We have just received official affiliation to CAFC. At present our members are mainly from Europe but of course we are happy to hear from all Addicks overseas. Please contact international.addicks@gmail.com.

Fyi we have a good connection with another global group called Addicks International - we understand that their members are based mainly in North America.

International addicks and addicks international? Sounds a bit judean people’s front to me 😂😂😂
  • ozaddick said:
    I feel that geography is the problem here ...  We need smaller groups within 'addicksdownunder' for any affiliation to work ... ie Sydney, Auckland, Victoria etc ... it was a social group but drifted away as CAFC fell down the league.  The passion is still there but once you're on CL you feel like you're in the know already ... the next two weeks will be crucial.
    Have to agree. It's a 3 hour time difference between East and West, with a couple of diffent time zones in between. 
    My missus reckons I spend too much time on CL, she wouldn't be happy if I spent even more time on the bog reading Charlton stuff! 
    3rd hand? Really. 
  • edited March 2021
    TEL said:
    ozaddick said:
    I feel that geography is the problem here ...  We need smaller groups within 'addicksdownunder' for any affiliation to work ... ie Sydney, Auckland, Victoria etc ... it was a social group but drifted away as CAFC fell down the league.  The passion is still there but once you're on CL you feel like you're in the know already ... the next two weeks will be crucial.
    3rd hand? Really. 
    What I meant by that mate was someone on here would get information around the club from someone, and we'd pass it onto the ADU site. 
    Apologies if that offended you tel. It wasn't meant as malicious or disrespectful.