Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coffee.

How do you take yours?

Me;

Comments

• edited March 2021
    instant, in a mug, milk no sugar
  • milk, with about a 1/4 of one sugar 
  • If it’s instant then 2 spoons of coffee. No sugar. Dash of milk. 
  • Nespresso Vertuo Capsules (Columbia capsule to be specific), with a dash of milk.. no sugar.
  • I like a cortado or double espresso with oat milk.
  • V60 drip filter, coffee at the moment is supplied by Dark Arts 
  • All milk no sugar
  • Long black for me. Currently using Modern Standard Guatamalan beans for both my drip filter, and espresso. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Nespresso Machine, which ever pods the missus has purchased.

Press the button twice, then drink whatever is in there. Nothing else.
  • James Hoffman (@james Hoffman on Facebook, @jimseven on Instagram) is quite the coffee expert, well worth a follow.
  • I'm not prone to fads, but...didn't drink coffee until I was about 25. Then, became a coffeeholic. Haven't touched coffee for about 10 years. (By the way, I'm older than 35)
  • edited March 2021
    Is there out there an instant coffee that can compare to even the worst of ‘real’ coffee?
    My observation is that espresso is more of a taste experience, not so much a ‘drink’, no good if you’re thirsty.
    The best ever mug of coffee to my mind can’t compete with the best ever cup of tea.
    British Isles tea done properly is as important an experience as a Japanese Tea ceremony.
    Isn’t there some coffee made of Civet poo or something?
  • I have 2 before I start work at 9.30am. Probably have 5 a day.

If I'm out and about an extra hot cappuccino from pret does the job. Well 5 of them does the job.
  • Rarely drink it, if at home it's instant made with hot milk and one sugar, if at a restaurant it's usually espresso. We've probably had every type of coffee machine over the years and every one ends up gathering dust before it's stored away somewhere. 

Tea on the other hand!! The best drink ever invented by man.
  • I drink black coffee, which is handy as it means you basically only need a cafetiere and a decent ground coffee to make a very nice mug of coffee, no need for expensive coffee makers to add all the froth etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• I drink 2 or 3 home made cappuccino's a day. I'm not overly fussed about the beans (I rarely spend more than £6-7/Kilo). I'm also quite partial to frothed oat milk rather than dairy.
  • Douwe Egberts for me, only an instant but it does me ok, especially with a little drop of brandy in it to perk me up. 
  • Croydon said:
    Long black for me. Currently using Modern Standard Guatamalan beans for both my drip filter, and espresso. 
    I have no idea what I have beans wise, let the Mrs be boss of that. 

But it has to be Black, no sugar, no milk. Just let the darkness consume you. 
  • edited March 2021
    I use a Moka pot. It makes something comparable to an espresso and then I just top it up with a touch of hot water. 

Coffee snobs do my head in. I know a few of them. They make their morning coffee with a beaker and weight scales. 
  • Chunes said:
    I use a Moka pot. It makes something comparable to an espresso and then I just top it up with a touch of hot water. 

Coffee snobs do my head in. I know a few of them. They make their morning coffee with a beaker and weight scales. 
    Some guys at work used to have these fancy coffee presses and were adamant that you had to purchase a very particular coffee ground... 

Does it taste like coffee? Yes. Does my instant crap in the office taste like coffee? Yes. Does my bean ground coffee at home taste like coffee? Yes. 
  • Chunes said:

Likewise. I mix decaff and normal ground coffee 50/50 and make two 6 cup pots in the morning. Havent found anything better yet.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Long black for me. Currently using Modern Standard Guatamalan beans for both my drip filter, and espresso. 
    I have no idea what I have beans wise, let the Mrs be boss of that. 

But it has to be Black, no sugar, no milk. Just let the darkness consume you. 
    The coffee's black to match my soul
  • Skinny Mocha Latte with Coconut milk, I like grated almond sprinkled on top, and a sparkler for effect. I especially like holding the queue up at any named coffee shop while this monstrosity is made. 

....... really I have Douwe Egberts with a splash of milk, and half a sugar. Standard and boring...... like my personality :smile: