Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wrestling thread

Following the amount of interest in tbe other thread, I've decided to start a dedicated wrestling thread for all fans of sports entertainment to discuss WWE, NXT, AEW, TNA & all other promotions. 

😀

Comments

• Great idea with AEW tonight and Mania on the way! 
  • edited March 2021
    Great idea with AEW tonight and Mania on the way! 
    Yeah. The signing rumours seem to have taken the focus away from what should be a really good aew PPV 
  • Does this mean the other one is now for outlaw mud show wrestling?  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Does this mean the other one is now for outlaw mud show wrestling?  
    I just thought it wasn't the point of the original question on that thread 
  • For anyone looking for a good wrestling documentary, I've been watching the dark side of the ring series on Youtube
  • For anyone looking for a good wrestling documentary, I've been watching the dark side of the ring series on Youtube
    It's brilliant, it's on 4 on demand as well. 
  • Love dark side of the ring! Also recommend if you can find it (think it's on wwe network) The Rise and Fall of ECW. Proper nostalgia and lots of events I'd forgotten
  • McBobbin said:
    Love dark side of the ring! Also recommend if you can find it (think it's on wwe network) The Rise and Fall of ECW. Proper nostalgia and lots of events I'd forgotten
    The rise and fall of WCW is good as well.  I have got it on DVD (I like having physical stuff) plus you get the matches. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:
    Love dark side of the ring! Also recommend if you can find it (think it's on wwe network) The Rise and Fall of ECW. Proper nostalgia and lots of events I'd forgotten
    The rise and fall of WCW is good as well.  I have got it on DVD (I like having physical stuff) plus you get the matches. 
    Is that The Monday night war? That was really good 
  • edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:
    Yeah part of it, its also got the Jim Heard era after TBS bought JCP. 

As well as Black Saturday I won't tell the story for people that don't know but its from 1984!

• Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:
    Yeah part of it, its also got the Jim Heard eara after TBS bought JCP. 

As well as Black Saturday I won't tell the story for people that don't know but its from 1984!

Must have been a crazy day for followers of JCP! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:

I don't think I've seen it. Will give it a watch.

The Monday night wars series is excellent too 
  • edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:

Must have been a crazy day for followers of JCP!

Balls I can't get the spoiler tag to work ha ha 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:

I don't think I've seen it. Will give it a watch.

The Monday night wars series is excellent too 
    I am currently watching "reliving the war" from wrestling bios on YouTube.  They review every head to head Nitro and RAW from the 1st Nitro.  It's funny how I forgot how mundane it was to start with. 
  • I once met the British Bulldog Davey boy Smith .
  • edited March 2021
    Looking forward to the AEW PPV tonight. I’ve heard a strong rumour as to who the new signing will be, but won’t say it here to not spoil the surprise.

The deathmatch main event will be interesting if anything. First time we’ve seen anything advertised like that on a major US PPV.
  • cafctom said:
    Looking forward to the AEW PPV tonight. I’ve heard a strong rumour as to who the new signing will be, but won’t say it here to not spoil the surprise.

The deathmatch main event will be interesting if anything. First time we’ve seen anything advertised like that on a major US PPV.

Omega posted this on his twitter account yesterday 😂 

• edited March 2021
    cafctom said:

I just can't see the signing being as big as some are expecting.  Some are saying Lesnar or punk and I think there's zero chance of that.

Tessa Blanchard or Kurt Angle are my guess 
  • edited March 2021
    Thanks for starting the thread. :smile:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:
    They did two on WCW. The first I think was called the Monday Night Wars and was utter rubbish, it had Gerry Briscoe at the end saying that's what happens when you mess with Vince McMahon. I think they made the rise and fall due to how poor it was! The series of the same name on the network is excellent though. The reason WCW smashed them for 83 weeks is because it was the better show. If it wasn't for Steve Austin the WWF would have been in serious trouble. During lockdown I've rewatched all the (mostly one hour) Raws from 96 and 97 and it's pretty poor in the most bar Austin IMO. Nitro on the other hand from Bash at the Beach '96 still holds up today.

I feel as a fan I will always talk about the late 90s period! :smiley:

How does one watch AEW PPVs? I'm pretty sure ITV won't air them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great idea with AEW tonight and Mania on the way! 
    Also series 3 of the Dark Side Of The Ring.

Conrad Thompson (Download his podcasts) is also doing a show about each episode of Dark Side OF The Ring which will be great. 
  • Cm punk. Great entertainer.

Probably better then the Rock
  • edited March 2021
    Sorry for a triple post, but how do the spoiler tags work? I think we will need them?

My guess for tonight is Kurt Angle.
  • Sorry for a triple post, but how do the spoiler tags work? I think we will need them?

Kurt would be my guess too. 
  • The Death of WCW book is excellent if you want an in depth look at the fall of the company with no WWE spin. 
  • Sorry for a triple post, but how do the spoiler tags work? I think we will need them?

It's ment to be [spoiler] your text [\spoiler] but I can't get it to work. 
  • Sorry for the potential spoiler. It's just a guess nothing to base it on. 
  • Paige maybe??

She's left WWE 
  • Thanks for starting the thread. :smile:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    McBobbin said:
    They did two on WCW. The first I think was called the Monday Night Wars and was utter rubbish, it had Gerry Briscoe at the end saying that's what happens when you mess with Vince McMahon. I think they made the rise and fall due to how poor it was! The series of the same name on the network is excellent though. The reason WCW smashed them for 83 weeks is because it was the better show. If it wasn't for Steve Austin the WWF would have been in serious trouble. During lockdown I've rewatched all the (mostly one hour) Raws from 96 and 97 and it's pretty poor in the most bar Austin IMO. Nitro on the other hand from Bash at the Beach '96 still holds up today.

I feel as a fan I will always talk about the late 90s period! :smiley:

How does one watch AEW PPVs? I'm pretty sure ITV won't air them.
    It's like the ultimate warrior ones the first one buried him, the second one was more of a tribute.

RAW from late 97 did get significantly better.  I honestly think both suffered from Thunder/Smackdown and going to 3 hours. 
  • Paige maybe??

She's left WWE 
    Can she wrestle now?