Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Hunt runs Jungle Dome hotel in Belize

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1067851546?-11197:833

Mods, please remove this thread, it appears some have read it before, so never mind the ones who have not, just remove. Thank you

Comments

• very, very old news.
  • Read about this at the time that Andy and Simone set up over there.  Always liked the idea of paying a visit and definitely still on the bucket list for when we get the OK to travel again. Looks like my idea of idyllic.  
  • very, very old news.
    In other news, the Titanic hits an iceberg.
  • bobmunro said:
    very, very old news.
    In other news, the Titanic hits an iceberg.
    Really?  Doubt it will sink though. 
  • News Flash......Beatles to split up!

Seriously though, no harm in mentioning it again.
    He’s a nice fella and it’s a fantastic project.
  • I hadn’t seen this originally. Belize seems a strange choice, certainly going by this description of safety in Belize taken from google
    ” Exercise increased caution in Belize due to crime. ... Violent crime – such as sexual assault, home invasions, armed robberies, and murder – are common even during daylight hours and in tourist areas. A significant portion of violent crime is gang related.”
    I hope he and his wife remain safe 
  • ross1 said:
    https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1067851546?-11197:833

Mods, please remove this thread, it appears some have read it before, so never mind the ones who have not, just remove. Thank you

Fancy going there one day. Looks and sounds decent.

Keep the thread alive!
  • edited February 2021
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I hadn’t seen this originally. Belize seems a strange choice, certainly going by this description of safety in Belize taken from google
    ” Exercise increased caution in Belize due to crime. ... Violent crime – such as sexual assault, home invasions, armed robberies, and murder – are common even during daylight hours and in tourist areas. A significant portion of violent crime is gang related.”
    Belize is an amazing country with very beautiful parts. The capital is pretty rough I believe though (I haven’t visited the capital). 

I’m guessing Andy Hunt isn’t living in a dodgy neighbourhood and probably hasn’t joined a Central American street gang, so he should be fine. 
  • It's in the paper this week so fair enough. Obviously a really nice bloke, living the dream in a beautiful part of the world with a loving partner.

*ponders choices made in life*
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    I hadn’t seen this originally. Belize seems a strange choice, certainly going by this description of safety in Belize taken from google
    Sounds like London 
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Isn't English the official language of Belize? Would make it easier to settle down quickly in a new country.
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Isn't English the official language of Belize? Would make it easier to settle down quickly in a new country.
    We also have a British Army presence in Belize https://www.army.mod.uk/deployments/belize/ 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    We also have a British Army presence in Belize https://www.army.mod.uk/deployments/belize/ 
    Back in the '70s, I think it was, we saved Belize from invasion by Guatemala by sending over some Harriers.  There VTOL capability mean they could be operated from the middle of the jungle without a runway.
  • I went to Belize for 3 weeks. Rubbish.
  • Tonight @ 10pm. Possibly Andy's neighbours??