Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
The last time I went to Highbury, I saw Claus Jensen's wonder strike as we fought back to beat the Arsenal 4-2.

Oops. Easy mistake to make. Instead, the team bus trundles north west to the fishing mecca of Fleetwood.
The local team hasn't been in the best of form, but very recently they managed to inflict a third successive defeat on previously invincible Doncaster.

It's that sort of League. Can we seize our opportunity today?
Lee Bowyer doesn't see any reason why not: “We’re going up there in good shape and good confidence". 

Team news? Ryan Inniss is poised to resume full training in 2 weeks. And we could very well see the returning Famewo and Washington on the bench today.
JFC is hamstrung and man-mountain Chuks is in the Sin Bin after 2 soft yellow cards last week.

Charlton: Amos; Gunter, Oshilaja, Famewo, Maatsen; Shinnie, Pratley (C), Smith, Millar; Stockley, Schwartz

Subsitutes: Harness, Pearce, Purrington, Morgan, Watson, Jaiyesimi, Washington

I was going to give the stream a miss today, but you know ...... now I've paid up. You can do the same:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Saturday's game can do so here.

The Scott Minto Show is on Valley Pass at 2:15pm, starring the voice of reason Alan Curbishley and defensive wizard Steve Brown.
Not to be missed!

Comments

• edited February 2021
    ValleyPass show commences at 2:15pm

Both Famewo and Washington have travelled so would expect them to be on the bench at the very least
  • Fingers crossed we can carry on overachieving and pick up a 0-0 draw 😉
  • Charlton: Amos; Gunter, Oshilaja, Famewo, Maatsen; Shinnie, Pratley (C), Smith, Millar; Stockley, Schwartz

Subsitutes: Harness, Pearce, Purrington, Morgan, Watson, Jaiyesimi, Washington

• edited February 2021
    It's written in the stars, Famewo  will get the winner 
  • Be good to see how Smith does, nice to see him on with Schwartz playing

Especially with Gallen talking about the likes of him and Washington benefiting from his type of through ball
  • Smith starting is an interesting one, hopefully he fits in well. I'm guessing it's 4-4-2 with Shinnie on the right of midfield 
  • About as good as it could be, and about the first time in a while Bowyer's picked the same team I would have (although I'd have been SORELY tempted by Jaiyesimi for Pratley, lol). Let's do this
  • Big gamble starting Famewo.  Let's hope it pays off
    Got it very wrong myself, really didnt expect to see him starting this afternoon
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent first XI that. Good to see Famewo back. 

Let's see what Matt Smith has. Find it a bit wierd that's he has been chucked in to start, and feel like Morgan can feel a little hard done by. But excited to see what he can offer none the less. 
  • Good to see Smith and Famewo starting. COYR!
  • I'm happy with the team.
    We'll have to see how they line up.
  • It's written in the stars, Famewo  will get the winner 
    Come on, this is Charlton.  It's written in the stars that Famewo will come off injured after 10 minutes!!
  • It's written in the stars, Famewo  will get the winner 
    Come on, this is Charlton.  It's written in the stars that Famewo will come off injured after 10 minutes!!
    Oh ye of little faith ;)
  • No arguments with that team. 

Time for the team to start standing up big time if we are not to drop down to mid-table. Will be interesting to see if they can. 
  • I really like that line-up, but then I did last week.
    I really don't know what to expect any more!
  • All 5 loanees starting.....whoo hoo  !!

Decent looking team but we've said that countless times this season only to see us let in an early goal & it all going to pot. One day it might be nice to see us play with 2 proper wide men / wingers. 

• good to see Famewo back, I am surprised that Maatsen is preferred to Purrington, about time Schwartz justified his big following and reputation .. we need a WIN so come on youse ADDICKSSSSSAAAAAAAA
  • Sponsored links:

Decent looking team but we've said that countless times this season only to see us let in an early goal & it all going to pot. One day it might be nice to see us play with 2 proper wide men / wingers. 

:/ And you started off so well, shame
  • Who’s running the book on what minute Famewo goes off injured?
  • yep I’m not disappointed by that starting line up, now it’s down to the players to execute the performance. If bowyer can’t get a tune out of that team he does need to be scrutinised. C’mon you reds!!!!...pppllleeeeeaassse!!!!🤣
  • Decent looking team. What can possibly go wrong?
  • Like the team, so changed my mind and coughed up - COYR, hope we get to see DJ.
  • Big game for Schwartz, to be honest i haven’t been too impressed so far but come on Ronnie we know you can finish!
    We need to provide him with service otherwise he is just a passenger

Ahhh almost a fully positive post from Golfie. A good start but trailed off at the end. 
  • BFG94 said:
    Decent looking team. What can possibly go wrong?
    And its Charlton to kick us off...
  • Let’s try not to give them a goal start and keep all 11 on the pitch, and give ourselves the best chance for 3 points. COYR..!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!