Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TV: Not Going Out

edited September 2007 in Not Sports Related
new series tonight - I hope it is half as good as the last one!

Comments

• Just set the video going!
  • Bollocks, working and forgot. racing to TV now!
  • Bump - absolutely brilliant sitcom.  I think it will go down as the way we see 80s ones now.
  • Agree. Best British sitcom out there IMO 
  • I need to know if Algarve made it to the telly thirteen years ago
  • Bump - absolutely brilliant sitcom.  I think it will go down as the way we see 80s ones now.
    It did have some really good episodes and some cracking lines, but it went massively downhill when a) Tim Vine left and b) they made Lee and Lucy a couple.
    The kid’s ruined it for me.

• muppetman said:
    Bump - absolutely brilliant sitcom.  I think it will go down as the way we see 80s ones now.
    It did have some really good episodes and some cracking lines, but it went massively downhill when a) Tim Vine left and b) they made Lee and Lucy a couple.
    The kid’s ruined it for me.

It did improve after Miranda left.
  • I think the ones with Lee and Lucy as a couple are better in my opinion.
  • Found the character of Daisy the stupid one a bit boring. Like a female trigger tribute act.  Everything she said was a joke, the genius of trigger was you expected him to say the opposite of his punchline. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I haven’t watched this in ages. But Lee Mack is awesome. Love him on Would I Lie to You.
  • my wife and I watch and enjoy but the episodes are not as good as they were IMO.
  • Tim Vine and Lee Mack are favourites of mine.  Those episodes were magic, and up there with some of the best.
  • I think Lee Mack is excellent and very quick witted as I have witnessed watching him on Would I lie to you live three times. I just think the married with kids character doesn't work so well for the premise of the comedy. The earlier seasons were fantastic.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    The first episode of the current series with the penis enlarger was one of the funniest things I've seen in years, was in tears of laughter watching that!
    I loved it, for the missus was just too cringing ( too close to home???  :(;)  ). That'll be the last time we watch it then...  
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    The first episode of the current series with the penis enlarger was one of the funniest things I've seen in years, was in tears of laughter watching that!
    I loved it, for the missus was just too cringing ( too close to home???  :(;)  ). That'll be the last time we watch it then...  

Image result for under the thumb gif

For the record - my wife didn't see me posting this.

I stopped watching soon after Tim Vine left, he was such an important character as the link between Lee and Lucy. It seemed that they made Daisy extra stupid to compensate

• Think it lost its magic after they got together; far better when he was doing the chasing and Tim Vine was in it. Think Semi Detached is better, but in the light of the comments above will give it a go again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big fan of Lee Mack, and use to love this show but it derailed when Tim Vine left and then the introduction of kids imo. I watched the penis enlarger episode and it was so cringe worthy i ended up stop watching. I think the old episodes are on youtube, they’re great.
  • Stig said:
    Think it lost its magic after they got together; far better when he was doing the chasing and Tim Vine was in it. Think Semi Detached is better, but in the light of the comments above will give it a go again.
    I’m with you here. I stopped watching after a while. 
    I didn’t know it was still going to be honest, so the number of positive comments makes me want to give it another go. 
    I don’t actually know how far I got, but I guess I’ve got quite a bit to catch up!
  • I liked the original girl Kate (Megan Dodds).  Her being American added an extra dimension too.
  • Big fan of Lee Mack, and use to love this show but it derailed when Tim Vine left and then the introduction of kids imo. I watched the penis enlarger episode and it was so cringe worthy i ended up stop watching. I think the old episodes are on youtube, they’re great.
    All the old episodes are on iplayer, which I discovered after the very first episode got autoplayed at me after I'd been watching something else. I ended up watching a few random ones to see how we got from the first series with the American woman to where they are now, and I particularly enjoyed the Drunk one:
  • bobmunro said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Image result for under the thumb gif

For the record - my wife didn't see me posting this.

Yep - when it comes to tele, it's a fair cop... 

"...when it comes to tele..." Who am I kidding.   :D
  • edited February 2021
    I absolutely love Anna (Hugh Dennis wife) I love some of her blunt comments plus she’s posh totty mmmm

i personally think the one on the airplane (even with Daisy) is the best episode.
  • Agree the kids coming into it was damaging and I think that’s why they’re barely in it now. That said , the episode were they were all driving to the ferry port and having telephone conversations with the operator played by Rob Brydon was superb 
  • cafckev said:
    I absolutely love Anna (Hugh Dennis wife) I love some of her blunt comments plus she’s posh totty mmmm

i personally think the one on the airplane (even with Daisy) is the best episode.
    the escape room one, the one parachuting out plane and the one where he set alight the father in laws fake grass are my favourites.
  • aliwibble said:
    Big fan of Lee Mack, and use to love this show but it derailed when Tim Vine left and then the introduction of kids imo. I watched the penis enlarger episode and it was so cringe worthy i ended up stop watching. I think the old episodes are on youtube, they’re great.
    All the old episodes are on iplayer, which I discovered after the very first episode got autoplayed at me after I'd been watching something else. I ended up watching a few random ones to see how we got from the first series with the American woman to where they are now, and I particularly enjoyed the Drunk one:
    Thanks, just stuck an episode on.