Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doug Mountjoy R I P

Went from the Welsh coal mines to become a top snooker player of yesteryear .. died on Valentines Day aged 78

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    One of the olden day snooker greats. RIP
  • Options
    Remember him on Pot Black. RIP
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    Remember him on Pot Black. RIP
    RIP Doug.  And I loved Pot Black!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I much enjoyed watching 'Pot Black' in the '70s.
    RIP
    for those watching in black and white, the green is next to the pink ((:>) (excuse the frivolity on a R I P thread)
  • Options
    A very measured snooker player - my Dad met him and said he was top class, real gent - RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Potted the black!

RIP. Great memories, great player!
  • Options
    It might be memory playing tricks on me (yet again!) but seem to recall DM used to line the cue up to the side of his jaw on the inside rather than the traditional technique of in the middle? It worked for him and he was a top player in his day.

RIP Doug
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Fond memories of snooker in its heyday including Doug. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Doug
  • Options
    RIP. I remember his career unexpectedly having a second wind in the late 80s
  • Options
    Doug was diagnosed with lung cancer in 1993, so did really well all things considered.RIP.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/51946334
  • Options
    RIP - One from the days when you could recognise virtually all the top twenty players instantly... Blimey, I'm old.   
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    It might be memory playing tricks on me (yet again!) but seem to recall DM used to line the cue up to the side of his jaw on the inside rather than the traditional technique of in the middle? It worked for him and he was a top player in his day.

RIP Doug
    I think you will find Graham Miles was the player who lined his cue up that way.
  • Options
    Sark99 said:
    bobmunro said:

RIP Doug
    I think you will find Graham Miles was the player who lined his cue up that way.

Thanks.

As I said, memory playing tricks, which happens more and more often these days!
  • Options
    RIP Doug