Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New things you’ve tried or discovered in the last year

Since all this lockdown malarkey started:

Nutella 
Zoom / Google Meet / WhatsApp video
Bob Ross 

Comments

• I've discovered I rather like Marmite. Never gave it a chance previously. Now have it on toast most mornings.
  • Since all this lockdown malarkey started:

Nutella 
    Bob Ross 
    You’ve never had Nutella? We can’t have it at home as like @MrLargo with the Biscoff, it only lasts a couple of days.

My daughter would come down in the morning check the jar, look at me, roll her eyes and say “I see the Nutella monster came again last night”
  • 4Real said:
    Anal
    I bet you won't drop a fiver again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Since all this lockdown malarkey started:

Nutella 
    Bob Ross 
    Did you like any of them?
  • 4Real said:
    Anal
    And that's probably about half the comments posted on here. :smile:

• I've gone full lockdown knobhead and started bake a sourdough loaf every couple of days. Wife is sick of how much care I'm taking over my starter. 

Would recommend it, actually quite easy and a process that leaves the door open to a bit of tinkering. 
  • MrLargo said:
    The best things I have discovered are that walking along the Thames never gets boring, and that you can see the camel enclosure at London Zoo from a pathway in Regent's Park.
    Used to be able to see the Wolf enclosure back in the day -  mind you I haven't been there in 40 years.

Thinking about it now, why the hell would you want to "enclose" a wolfpack?
    Or a camel for that matter

• Discovered that having an unhealthy amount of spare time to study stats on particular football betting markets doesn’t bring more success than my instinct.
    I also have taken to making soups using in the main, veg that would otherwise be thrown away. So much tastier than tinned stuff.
  • Dog walking as enjoyable as it is doesn't replace a good work out at the gym.
    I was fat before lockdown but a lot heavier now.
  • MrLargo said:
    The best things I have discovered are that walking along the Thames never gets boring, and that you can see the camel enclosure at London Zoo from a pathway in Regent's Park.
    We discovered a similar path near Port Lympne, saw a bear, ostriches, camels, bison and antelope and apparently sometimes you can see the giraffes.
  • Dog walking as enjoyable as it is doesn't replace a good work out at the gym.
    I was fat before lockdown but a lot heavier now.
    Yeah, I’ve realised I actually miss the gym. 
  • Feeding the garden birds (tits, 2 robins, blackbirds, starlings) and watching them eat!
    Was sitting in the dining room the other day when one of the robins flew onto the table outside the patio doors.
    He/she just sat there and looked at me, as if to say: "come on fella, where's my meal worms?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Actually took time to cook meals. 
  • Gardening.

Genuinely excited for Spring to see what comes up from last summers planting.
  • Exploring my own area more. It was quite surprising how many streets and even local parks I'd never visited before
  • edited February 2021
    That I actually enjoy my job! 
  • Digging out a load of cookbooks and cooking quite intricate recipes again, rather than just throwing things together and seeing what happens!
  • Since the turn of the year we are having one vegan meal a week , my wife’s mission is to do a year of it ...
    I have the blandest taste buds  , no interest in any veg except , peas , broccoli, brussel sprouts , cauliflower at a push and they all need a roast dinner   ....

fucking hell it’s rank , no wonder these vegan types are angry fuckers , she’s made some good efforts  but butternuts and whatever other guff she has attempted is rank and with 4 lame sons like me , the faces that get pulled as this healthy shit is served up 
    fuck that

Mrs AUN seems happy enough with that.

• Buying and drinking bottles of vodka (I’ve had to stop).