Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

I'm sure there's a thread on somewhere but I can't find it. Wiki said his contract was to June 2020. This must have been extended. Is it just to this summer or beyond? 

Comments

• Thanks, although I'm sure if it was the club's option not his. 
  • redman said:
    Thanks, although I'm sure if it was the club's option not his. 
    Given his injury history I doubt it was the club that triggered the clause. It's worked out well for everyone though.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    redman said:
    Given his injury history I doubt it was the club that triggered the clause. It's worked out well for everyone though.
    I think a lot of people forget quite how good, by league 1 standards, JFC was before he got injured.  Cast your mind back to August 2018 and everyone was gutted when his injury was leaked. 
    Him and Aribo were excellent together.  I suspect he will be off in the summer but it’s good to see him approaching his best again 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redman said:
    I think a lot of people forget quite how good, by league 1 standards, JFC was before he got injured.  Cast your mind back to August 2018 and everyone was gutted when his injury was leaked. 
    Him and Aribo were excellent together.  I suspect he will be off in the summer but it’s good to see him approaching his best again 
    Him and Kashi were outstanding at the start of this first full season.  Was like watching a different sport to the previous season of Crofts etc. 
  • ct_addick said:
    Please add a clause to his comtract that he needs to wear a hair band or cut his hair. 
    Send him to Joelinton's barber
  • I suspect JFC's future beyond summer depends on how the season finishes. Another League One campaign and he might well get another year, if we do luck our way through the play offs I suspect it will be thanks, but goodbye.

I suppose it will also depend on how ambitious Sandgaard/Bowyer are feeling too.
  • Been our most consistant player this season. We'd be a lot worse without him this season.............

• Sponsored links:

• Far more effective than either Shinnie or Gilbey, in my opinion. 
  • thenewbie said:
    I suspect JFC's future beyond summer depends on how the season finishes. Another League One campaign and he might well get another year, if we do luck our way through the play offs I suspect it will be thanks, but goodbye.

I suppose it will also depend on how ambitious Sandgaard/Bowyer are feeling too.
    I actually think the opposite. If we go up we will keep him but under the cap we won't be able to afford him in league one next season.
  • thenewbie said:
    I suspect JFC's future beyond summer depends on how the season finishes. Another League One campaign and he might well get another year, if we do luck our way through the play offs I suspect it will be thanks, but goodbye.

I actually think the opposite. If we go up we will keep him but under the cap we won't be able to afford him in league one next season.
    Possibly, I admit that I am not sure what his wages are/"count as" with the cap. I'd very much like him to stay either way honestly, the difference next season and our position will be whether he's first choice or back up.
  • thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:

Possibly, I admit that I am not sure what his wages are/"count as" with the cap. I'd very much like him to stay either way honestly, the difference next season and our position will be whether he's first choice or back up.
    Currently they count at the league average (1700) but next season as it would be a new contract it would be the full amount. Imagine he is on 4-5k
  • thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:

These season his wages contribute about £1.7k per week, if we want to offer him a new contract in League One then all of it would count
  • thenewbie said:

I think he'd do a decent job in Champ at least as a squad player, he's never really had the chance in Champ (with us) as he missed most of last season too
  • thenewbie said:

I think he'd do a decent job in Champ at least as a squad player, he's never really had the chance in Champ (with us) as he missed most of last season too
    Not counting his Charlton matches, don't forget he's played 60-odd games for Brighton in the Championship.
    Also 20 Champ appearances on loan at MK - plus 6 for Rotherham at that level. 

Got 14 England U21 caps, having played at every level for England, bar senior.

As a young player JFC was evidently highly rated.

• thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:

Currently they count at the league average (1700) but next season as it would be a new contract it would be the full amount. Imagine he is on 4-5k
    I wouldn't bank on it, his first contract was at the start of Roland's austerity and his "new one" was when he has been injured for a year.  Remember Taylor was only on 6 and that was seen as "big". 
  • Give another year now, 1st team player in league 1 decent back up for a year in the championship.  
  • Sponsored links:

• He flourishes in the right set up that plays to his strengths. But in other formations/circumstances he is less effective. Keeping the ball moving is a very useful contribution with the likes of Shinnie, Millar or DJ to drive the attack forwards. But if he's expected to be the creative force as well we are in trouble.
  • edited February 2021
    Scoham said:
    He's improved after being given a run of games but I'm still not fully convinced, even more so with the salary cap going.

It reminds me a bit of when we had Bessone on loan at the end of 10/11. Some wanted to sign him up as he did a decent job, but I hoped we'd find better in the summer - and we did after bringing in Wiggins. It won't always work out like that of course but Bowyer and Gallen will have to consider where they see him in the squad over the next few years and who we might be able to bring in. We may find there's a younger midfielder or two we can bring in with more potential.
    Get Camara in from Plymouth, see if we can get Jephcott as well - As we showed with Swindon, deny us three points and we'll pinch your players 
  • I'd like to keep JFC, decent player and we're not realistically going to replace everyone in the summer 
  • He really does play that Cullen type role very well. Absolutely everywhere on the pitch and leads by example. Definite captain material for next season.  
  • He really does play that Cullen type role very well. Absolutely everywhere on the pitch and leads by example. Definite captain material for next season.  
    Only at this level or the one below ;)