Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rugby: Six Nations 2021

Starts this weekend (from 6/2/21)

!50th anniversary of the first England v Scotland fixture this coming Saturday

France look the likeliest to win the thing IF they turn up in the right mood for their five games. England are a bit underpowered due to a few injuries and tactical inertia. Be interesting to see how the Celts get on, Scotland are in decent form and have Ireland got their mojo back after a few management and tactical changes ? ..  can Wales be as bad as they were last season ? ..  AND can Italy mount a real challenge for once .. We will see  :)

Comments

• Six Nations live breaking news as Wales await Covid test results following Josh Adams breach.

Wales are eagerly awaiting the results of their latest round of coronavirus testing following the Josh Adams breach that became apparent yesterday.

On Sunday, the team's day off, Adams was found to have attended a gender reveal party at a family member's home, with his partner Georgia Davies expecting their first child this year.

Adams then returned to camp on the Tuesday and trained with the squad before the breach became apparent.

Wales have suspended Adams for the first two rounds of the competition, a move endorsed by tournament organisers.

The squad will be tested again today and should receive those results this evening, or tomorrow, according to head coach Wayne Pivac.

• ^^^ SO, one person's idiocy can have put the whole tournament in jeopardy ;; Gender Reveal ? .. what's the problem with sonic scans ?
  • Gender reveals are pointless a waste of time every other year, having one during a lockdown (especially when you're a sportsman who really nice to be isolating to work), is pathetic.
  • Didn't even know a gender reveal party was a thing. 

what a complete prat. 
  • with all this talk of gender, I really hope that Wales don't have to resort to playing the Women's XV due to Covid infections and quarantines amongst the chaps
  • France hammer Italy
    Scotland are terrific, England pathetic
  • We were awful.

So flat.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    O Flower of Scotland .....

Time to rise up and be the nation again!
    As I was saying ......
    never was a win so deserved .. not being wise after the event, I am not really surprised, England have been stodgy and slow for a while, no point in selecting any backs, Jones's forward bully 'game plan' has been well and truly sussed .. England have no player on the same level or even close to it to as Hogg (Lions Captain ?) and Russell .. terrible game, great win for the Scots
  • Brilliant & historic win for Scotland 
  • A very good win that.
  • That was so poor 
  • FFS who was the goalie...lots of pens VAR was busy.
  • really good first half of rugby. Ireland coming back with a man down. 
  • edited February 2021
    really good first half of rugby. Ireland coming back with a man down. 
    Can they last? A big ask, after a big half.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    billy burns. 2 completely poor kicks. That last one was dreadful. 

Really thought that Ireland would of done it if they got that line out at the end. 
  • As I have a Welsh Mum, good on  them!
  • billy burns. 2 completely poor kicks. That last one was dreadful. 

Really thought that Ireland would of done it if they got that line out at the end. 
    Poor kick at the end, shame as Ireland played well for 63 mins with 14 men. The ref didn’t give Ireland anything, giving Wales a pen for a player in the tackle zone, under the posts. Tough call, even Jonathan Davies said it was a poor decision.
  • billy burns. 2 completely poor kicks. That last one was dreadful. 

Poor kick at the end, shame as Ireland played well for 63 mins with 14 men. The ref didn’t give Ireland anything, giving Wales a pen for a player in the tackle zone, under the posts. Tough call, even Jonathan Davies said it was a poor decision.
    Yes, Ireland were let down by O'Mahony who always looks like he's busting for a fight.
     (the 'clear out' laws do really need overhauling, as at present they almost encourage foul play by the defenders and illegal obstruction by the team in possession)

IF they had had 15, Ireland would have walked this despite a brave performance by the Welsh .. I asked the question in the original post about Ireland's 'mojo', it definitely is back. This was a good game and put the performance by England even more to shame despite the conditions in Cardiff being more conducive to good rugby.
    I fancy Scotland to beat Wales next week, the Ireland v France game will be a belter and the winner of that could well end up as tournament winners. England v Italy ? .. a real nothing game, even if England score 50 or 60, they are still a side that needs a major overhaul in personnel and mindset. 
  • Less said about that the better 🙄
    Still, Mr O’s happy.
    Can’t see anyone but France winning this tournament I’m afraid 😞
  • I was impressed with Ireland's 14 man effort in the first half, but let down by some poor mistakes early in the 2nd, before coming back at the end. That kick though :(  No arguing with POM's red card and it cost us dearly in the end.  As Lincs says, the Ireland/France on Sunday could be a cracker and a decider. 
  • England didn't have the best scrum half in the Premiership even on the bench in Harry Randall. Jones has been too loyal to too many since Japan.

Way too much kicking and reliance on Farrell.

Ollie Lawrence has touched the ball just 10 times in 3 games and only touched it once on Saturday.

• England didn't have the best scrum half in the Premiership even on the bench in Harry Randall. Jones has been too loyal to too many since Japan.

Way too much kicking and reliance on Farrell.

Ollie Lawrence has touched the ball just 10 times in 3 games and only touched it once on Saturday.

this .. the England team has got too battered and stale all at once .. e.g. Ben Youngs had always had one good game in twenty, a mystery how he kept and keeps getting picked ..  Jones is reluctant to make changes because he knows changes mean potential losses for a while .. that could mean him  getting sacked and of course some players losing large match and international fees .. BUT four or five changes are needed  NOW .. the Italy game might be a good time to start,  however of course, against Italy, it's comparatively easy for new players to look good.  
  • edited February 2021
    Possibly the worst England performance in living memory.....to the point of total embarrassment.
    Only Maro Itoje came out of it with any credit.
  • ^^^ His name is Maro lol, but I know who you mean .. he's kept England in the frame for a good few games now .. should be the next captain .. I reckon he is missing his mate George Kruis, now on a right nice earner in Japan .. thing is Jones seemed reluctant to select Kruis all too often .. Jones does make some very odd selection choices  .. lucky for Jones we got to the W C final otherwise I reckon he could (in fact should) have walked the plank