Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christopher Plummer RIP

So long, farewell

Comments

• Very sad... RIP Nosey!! 
  • RIP

(Not appropriate for me to actually LOL the OP but had a silent chuckle) 
  • What a shame. RIP
  • All the money in the world - no good to him now. 
    RIP. 
  • Great actor....

RIP
  • edited February 2021
    RIP. Was out for a drive years ago and went past The Jackdaw pub in Denton nr Folkestone where they filmed a scene in The Battle of Britain where he met Susanna York. Had to turn back and have a drink with my then girlfriend who just rolled her eyes while I was excitedly telling her about it.
    Great pub regardless of its links to the Battle of Britain film though

Forgot he was in that one and also never realised until tonight that he was actually Canadian
  • RIP. Was out for a drive years ago and went past The Jackdaw pub in Denton nr Folkestone where they filmed a scene in The Battle of Britain where he met Susanna York. Had to turn back and have a drink with my then girlfriend who just rolled her eyes while I was excitedly telling her about it.

Forgot he was in that one and also never realised until tonight that he was actually Canadian
    Not been there for a few years but the food in there was always lovely.

BOB is in my top 5 films of all time.
  • RIP

brilliant actor who played so many different roles.
  • Sad.
    RIP.
    a life well lived ❤️
  • Sponsored links:

• Just looked down the list of 217 acting credits and surprised I have not seen a single one of them
  • Just looked down the list of 217 acting credits and surprised I have not seen a single one of them
    I would fully recommend Sound of Music and Knives Out. 
  • RIP. Was out for a drive years ago and went past The Jackdaw pub in Denton nr Folkestone where they filmed a scene in The Battle of Britain where he met Susanna York. Had to turn back and have a drink with my then girlfriend who just rolled her eyes while I was excitedly telling her about it.

Not been there for a few years but the food in there was always lovely.

BOB is in my top 5 films of all time.
    Blackader fan 
  • Return Of The Pink Panther for me.
    RIP Christopher.

• Wonderful actor RIP
    Inside Man's good as well, and while I've not seen All The Money In The World, my parents reckoned he was good in that (it's the one where he had to take over playing John Paul Getty from Kevin Spacey at short notice.)
    Waterloo and Battle of Britain are awesome war movies
  • Great actor...  read an obituary tonight, where he is quoted as referring always to his most famous film as "The Sound of Mucus"

RIP your Dudeness
  • Fus Ro Dah

RIP Greybeard
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP. I am surprised he was never knighted. Maybe he turned it down?  
  • RIP. I am surprised he was never knighted. Maybe he turned it down?  
    he was Canadian @Algarveaddick
  • MrOneLung said:
    RIP. I am surprised he was never knighted. Maybe he turned it down?  
    I think that as the Queen is head of state in Canada, he could have been knighted mate?  
    Inside man is a good film.
  • MrOneLung said:
    I think that as the Queen is head of state in Canada, he could have been knighted mate?  

No he couldn't, not since 1919. He was awarded the 'Companion of the Order of Canada', their highest honour.
    Inside man. Small role but cracking film. 
    Watched Knives Out last night... Really good film
  • bobmunro said:
    MrOneLung said:

No he couldn't, not since 1919. He was awarded the 'Companion of the Order of Canada', their highest honour.
    Cheers Bob. 
  • By coincidence, earlier this week I came across a quite obscure 2015 movie, 'Remember' starring Christopher Plummer .. it's worth a look .. Always admired Plummer especially as years ago, he played one of my heroes, The Duke of Wellington in 'Waterloo' .. never realised until now that he was Canadian  .. R I P