Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Free agents ?

The only free agent that has grabbed my attention is Josh McEachran . He was released by Birmingham on deadline day . He has been out for a year but in L1 could do a job .
Left footed and could compliment JFC in the run in .

Does anyone have any other possibles ?

Comments

• We don't have any money left in the salary cap to afford any free agents, so pretty pointless checking the lists....
  • edited February 2021
    Transfer fee isn’t the issue, it’s the wages we can’t pay. Presuming after yesterday’s change around we’re back to £500 spare. 
  • Pedro45 said:
    We don't have any money left in the salary cap to afford any free agents, so pretty pointless checking the lists....
    Don’t we?
  • looking at our comings and goings I thought we were still holding a bit of folding
  • On the list of free agents I can see a few who would interest us.  Diego Costa and Alexandre Pato...

Similarly there is Freddie Ulvestad and Yaya Sanogo on the list - maybe they have unfinished business

Or what about Dominic Dwyer - he was like the first Delort with a bit of a saga about him
  • Pedro45 said:
    We don't have any money left in the salary cap to afford any free agents, so pretty pointless checking the lists....
    This is an assumption though? I do t think smith counts towards the cap and we had two big outs yesterday and only one in. It’s close, but there may be wriggle room.

My turn to assume. Free agents in feb might take lower wages for 6 months to put themselves in the shop window
  • edited February 2021
    Even if we had the money, it would take too long to get him up to speed if he has been out a year.
  • Probably the worst time to be a free agent as a footballer, clubs can’t afford to be giving out good contracts especially down the pyramid with the wage cap.
  • Swisdom said:
    On the list of free agents I can see a few who would interest us.  Diego Costa and Alexandre Pato...

Similarly there is Freddie Ulvestad and Yaya Sanogo on the list - maybe they have unfinished business

Or what about Dominic Dwyer - he was like the first Delort with a bit of a saga about him
    I would take Ulvestad back if he’s alright playing CB / competing for the spot shielding the back four. He did a decent job for us first time around and has gone on to do well very in the top tier of Swedish football since - helping lift Djurgardens to their first league title in 14 years, playing 80 games and scoring 17 goals. Surprised to hear he’s without a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Pedro45 said:
    Don’t we?
    Would argue we do for the time being what with Williams and Maddison now gone

It might be a case that we're paying some of the latters wages still

But the former going meant we could bring in Jaiyesimi - the latter might mean a new contract for Aneke rather than a freebie
    Probably the worst time to be a free agent as a footballer, clubs can’t afford to be giving out good contracts especially down the pyramid with the wage cap.
    Also the worst time for any Footballer to be tempted to go through the motions
  • I don't see us signing anyone else. However a couple of injuries in the same position, and we might find it a tempting option
  • Pedro45 said:
    Don’t we?
    Would argue we do for the time being what with Williams and Maddison now gone

It might be a case that we're paying some of the latters wages still

But the former going meant we could bring in Jaiyesimi - the latter might mean a new contract for Aneke rather than a freebie
    Probably the worst time to be a free agent as a footballer, clubs can’t afford to be giving out good contracts especially down the pyramid with the wage cap.
    Also the worst time for any Footballer to be tempted to go through the motions
    Surely it won't count anyway? When Lapslie left Bowyer mentioned it wouldn't benefit us as he wasn't in our squad so presume the same will apply with Maddison. 

I believe had a little bit left in the cap which was probably taken up by Schwartz. Stockley is probably more expensive than Bogle, but then you wouldn't have thought the Swindon lad is on the same as Maddison and Williams combined. Plus we have a small saving from Smyth. 

I doubt we have much left but I wouldn't be surprised if we could offer someone 1.5k especially as it will only be for a few months. 
  • Would happily welcome back Freddie Ulvestad, reckon he’d want a fair wedge though. 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Don’t we?
    Do we?
  • Yes, Gallen just said he wanted one more. They were working on it yesterday but it didn’t happen in the end.
  • Gallen’s added that they’ll be looking at free agents.
  • "A little bit left in the kitty for a free transfer" says Steve Gallen!
  • edited February 2021
    Yep, Gallen confirmed we could have squeezed one more in so we could sign a free agent. I'd like a defender but if Inniss and Famewo are back soon I wouldn't mind another AM/Winger. 
  • Scoham said:
    Yes, Gallen just said he wanted one more. They were working on it yesterday but it didn’t happen in the end.
    And we do have some salary left if we want to bring someone in
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Don’t we?
    Do we?
    We do, Gallen just confirmed there’s room for one more player 
  • Scoham said:
    Yes, Gallen just said he wanted one more. They were working on it yesterday but it didn’t happen in the end.
    'Still a bit left in the kitty' says Gallen. Interesting...
  • I’d like another winger given we’ve improved recently playing 4-4-2.
  • Scoham said:
    I’d like another winger given we’ve improved recently playing 4-4-2.
    Could’ve kept Williams. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 
  • We desperately need a mobile tackling centre mid
  • The cowley brothers are free agents!!
  • mart77 said:
    We desperately need a mobile tackling centre mid
    We can't sign another CM, we already have 46 of them. Not sure why we signed Smith, we need another winger and CB more urgently. 
  • Don’t forget none of the available CB’s are better than our two that are in fudging hospital still...
  • Fumbluff said:
    Don’t forget none of the available CB’s are better than our two that are in fudging hospital still...
    But are they better than Gunter?