Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So does anyone fancy going out for a beer (wine for the ladies)?

When all is said and done and obviously not wishing to disrespect the people that have died or have had serious illness, wouldn't it be great to go for a drink with your mates?
I always knew that it's the simple things that matter to me and big cars and holidays are nice, but not important to me in the scheme of things.
Driiinnk.

Comments

• Not if your mate is Elfs
  • Yes I fancy going for a few beers, can't see when I ever will though. Not been in a pub since last March & with the amount of people I see wandering around Greenwich/Lewisham without a mask + all those you see not sanitising hands entering/ exiting shops I don't see a time in the near future when I intend to risk my life for a pint of beer. 
  • clb74 said:
    Not if your mate is Elfs
    Yeah £uck that. I’d rather see out the rest of my days in lockdown than go out for a drink with that little toad. 
  • edited January 2021
    I have said to Golfie Jnr (who will be 18 this September) that I feel for youngsters who have turned 18 during Covid/lockdown and havent been able to go out & celebrate. Its not as if they have been out much before that as I believe its harder to get served nowdays if you are underage. In my day there was no ID & I was buying drinks in pubs when I was 16. 

So much about life in general that has been  put on hold over this past 10 months - who would have thought you couldn't just pop into your local for a swift half when you wanted to. 
  • I have said to Golfie Jnr (who will be 18 this September) that I feel for youngsters who have turned 18 during Covid/lockdown and havent been able to go out & celebrate. Its not as if they have been out much before that as I believe its harder to get served nowdays if you are underage. In my day there was no ID & I was buying drinks in pubs when I was 16. 

So much about life in general that has been  put on hold over this past 10 months - who would have thought you couldn't just pop into your local for a swift half when you wanted to. 
    Yep it's so shit for them. If you turned 18 in the March of 2020 you'd be 20 by the time this lockdown finishes. 
  •  charltonbob said:
    Yes I fancy going for a few beers, can't see when I ever will though. Not been in a pub since last March & with the amount of people I see wandering around Greenwich/Lewisham without a mask + all those you see not sanitising hands entering/ exiting shops I don't see a time in the near future when I intend to risk my life for a pint of beer. 

cafcmunich Care to explain why you LOL'd my comment ?
  • Standing at the bar with a couple of pals, two or three pints in talking shite and having a giggle, that’s my happy place and just can’t get my head around how much our lives have been impacted by all this. 
    I just come on here to talk shite now ....
  • When I am finally able to go to my local again, I am going to look at that first pint, and have a John Mills "Ice cold in Alex" moment.
  • Funnily enough, no.
    If you'd have asked me in my teens, twenties and into my thirties I would have said yes without hesitation.
    Now, more than anything I'm looking forward to large family gatherings; special meals or family BBQ's, and seeing my 90 year old Mum again as much as possible whilst we still can.
    Oh, not forgetting hundreds lots of bottles of wine  of course. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Yep. Once this shite has blown over I am going to get *rather drunk* with my favourite people. 

Expletive removed by admin.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yep. Once this shite has blown over I am going to get  with my favourite people. 
    Charltonlife Admin agm?
  • edited January 2021
    Once the "all clear" is sounded, i want to get home from a Charlton Win, 4-2 after being 0-2 at half time, shower shave, have a beer in the Bull Chislehurst,  then a curry.
  • If you can find a pub that had lastest this then yes.
  • When all is said and done and obviously not wishing to disrespect the people that have died or have had serious illness, wouldn't it be great to go for a drink with your mates?
    I always knew that it's the simple things that matter to me and big cars and holidays are nice, but not important to me in the scheme of things.
    Driiinnk.
    Oh mate, I can’t wait a Saturday late afternoon beer with mates, bit of bet on the footy & and a laugh 😆 
  • What's a pub...?
  • yep - friday night, saturday and sunday late afternoon / early evening up the sidcup rec club with mates, playing snooker, watching the football having a laugh and a booze - that and not being able to play and go and watch football are the 2 biggest inconveniences of all this plus its the year of my 50th birthday so a lot of celebrations and holidays will have to wait - could be worse though - i and my family and friends are not ill with it, i have worked throughout and that won't change and by the time this is all over, charlton should have a half decent team assembled and the valley will be buzzing COYR!!!!
  • A day out with mates Going for a beer, then onto the Valley to watch Charlton. An away trip to watch Charlton  with mates and beers things I took for granted and didn’t really  appreciate at the time.

That first time things return to ‘normal’ is going to be fantastic and I am not taking anything for granted again! 

Weatherspoons are planning to buy up closed pubs.
    Weatherspoons are planning to buy up closed pubs.
    @Elfsborg will be in his element 🍻😉