Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite Album (where you like all the tracks)

Having found Spotify I am now having great fun listening to some of the old stuff that I have on vinyl but am buggered if I am going to pay Itunes to listen to again. But I always found that despite some great albums there was always one track I didnt much like.

As such I can only think of one album where I like all the tracks and thats

Be good to yourself at least once a day - Man (very old welsh hairies guitar band)

Anyway whats the album/cd where you like all the tracks?

Comments

• The Clash
    "Give 'em enough rope".
  • Man! You old sod.

Hard, cos even on great albums there's often a dodgy track or two.

Blood on the Tracks, Blue (you love it really Cliff) and the third Velvets album,
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]The Clash
    "Give 'em enough rope".

Better than the 1st album?

Not listened to it for decades but thought it was a bit patchy at the time.
  • Just.
    Love the "raw" sound of the first, but after Toppers opening snaredrum "crack" of "Safe european homes" you just feel..............
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Just.
    Love the "raw" sound of the first, but after Toppers opening snaredrum "crack" of "Safe european homes" you just feel..............

A drummers answer ; - ) Didn't the producer hate Strummers voice show boosted the drums to cover them up? Was it Steve Lillywhite?

Like Stay free but can't remember many other tracks now. Tommy Gun. Was White Man on it?
  • The Who - Who's Next
  • David Bowie.....Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

Lou Reed (no not Les Reed) Transformer.

Every track on every album recorded by Talking Heads. (well as far as i can recall)
  • Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker.
  • Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
  • Strangeways Here We Come - The Smiths

Christ, I worry about Nigel W!!

Bryan Adams!!!

Gawd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bruce Springsteen: The River

The Clash: London Calling
  • Ryan not Bryan !!! Or are you in jest?

I once saw Ryan Adams walk off stage when someone in th audience thought it was a jolly wheeze to shout out for Bryan Adams' Summer of 69...
  • Give Em Enough Rope was produced by Sandy Pealrman who had produced Blue Oyster Cult (Don't Fear The Reaper).

He was brought in to give the sound a bit of extra gloss to help break them in America.

Best tracks were English Civil War and Tommy Gun. But I didn't like Pearlman's sound at the time and still don't. Why on earth did a punk band need a bit of US mainstream rock gloss? Kind of defeated the object, to my way of thinking.
  • Trick of the Tail - Genesis
    Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
    Led Zep 4 (4 symbols) - Led Zeppelin
    Abbey Road - The Beatles
  • Best tracks were English Civil War and Tommy Gun. But I didn't like Pearlman's sound at the time and still don't. Why on earth did a punk band need a bit of US mainstream rock gloss? Kind of defeated the object, to my way of thinking.

So they could appeal to the more mainstream US audiences.
  • Otis Redding - Otis Blue
  • Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
    Pendulum - Propane Nightmares
    Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
    Qemists - Join the Q
    Placebo - Placebo
    Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip - Angles
  • edited March 2009
    BFR noted of Give Em Enough Rope : "So they could appeal to the more mainstream US audiences."

Didn't work, though. The album failed to make the Billboard top 100. They didn't make the US charts until London Calling.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip - Angles

Yes, good shout.
  • OK....given that loads of Beatles albums had all good stuff, and I'm a Zep fan, but this is about no duff tracks, no padding, right? So I would like to suggest

Let it Be...Beatles
    Led Zep One
    Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy
    Dark Side of the moon, and Wish you were here..Floyd
    The latest Kings of Leon
    Blonde on Blonde...Dylan
    Layla...the double album Clapton
    (spit) Thriller and Off the Wall Jackson
    Rumours Fleetwood Mac
    The Band

just for starters
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Ryan not Bryan !!! Or are you in jest?

I once saw Ryan Adams walk off stage when someone in th audience thought it was a jolly wheeze to shout out for Bryan Adams' Summer of 69...

Nigel was that one of the infamous back to back gigs at Brixton circa 2002?. The first night was virtually sold out to industry lovies who chatted all the way through the set and Ryan stormed off without playing an encore?.

I was there the second night and he got booed for covering the "Last Night" by the Strokes. After a bit of banter he once again walked off.

I like his solo stuff (Rock n' Roll aside - what was that all about) but would actually list Whiskytown - Pneumonia as one of my love every track albums.

Would also include:

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Give it Back & Their Satanic Majesties Second Request
    Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix
    Tyde - Once
    Interpol - Antics
    Jeffrey Lewis - The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane

Probably a few more as well. Impossible to choose just one.....
  • The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
    Elvis Presley - Good Times
    Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley (First RCA Album 1954)
  • Ten, Pearl Jam
    Invaders Must Die, Prodigy
    Fat of the Land, Prodigy
    Dummy, Portishead
    Dark Side of the Moon, Floyd
    Placebo, Greatest Hits think it's called Once More With Feeling
    The Colour and the Shape, Foo Fighters
    Hot Fuss, The Killers
    White Ladder, David Grey
    The Story So Far: The Very Best Of Rod Stewart, Rod Stewart
    Seventh Son of the Seventh Son, Maiden

I'm one of those very annoying people who skips tracks constantly so for the list to be that long, I must really love em!
  • Clem,

could have been Brixton and I was one of those industry luvvies (although I wasn't chatting through the set! ) But to be honest, I've seen him so many I times can't remember where it was - or even if it was in the UK or the US. I went on the road with him for a week in 2001 for an Uncut feature and saw him in NYC, Boston and Philadelphia. Brilliant every single night. Agree Whiskeytown were great, too.

One interesting thought strikes me about this thread - there are lots of pre-CD vinyl albums listed and it is much easier to create an old fashioned LP lasting 40 mins with no filler than a CD containing anything up to 75 mins...
  • The Band and Transformer are great shouts (and albums) as if Music from Big Pink.

Tapestry as well but that is, sorta, a greatest hits LP.
  • I'll wager Airman Brown's fave is:

Wings - Greatest Hits

;o)
  • oh and Clem reminded me of Interpol - Antics
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Clem,

could have been Brixton and I was one of those industry luvvies (although I wasn't chatting through the set! ) But to be honest, I've seen him so many I times can't remember where it was - or even if it was in the UK or the US. I went on the road with him for a week in 2001 for an Uncut feature and saw him in NYC, Boston and Philadelphia. Brilliant every single night. Agree Whiskeytown were great, too.

One interesting thought strikes me about this thread - there are lots of pre-CD vinyl albums listed and it is much easier to create an old fashioned LP lasting 40 mins with no filler than a CD containing anything up to 75 mins...

Green eyed monster rears its head.....the research for that feature must have been amazing!.

Nigel talking about Uncut has reminded me of another couple:

The Hold Steady - Stay Positive & Boys & Girls in America
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I'll wager Airman Brown's fave is:

Wings - Greatest Hits

;o)

Talking of Wings, having lunch Good Friday in the Fountain pub in Ashurst near Brighton, it's where they filmed the video for Simply having a wonderful Christmas time.
  • Thanks DA9 :o)