Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amazon Refund

Just had an email from them, I am being refunded for the difference in price between me ordering a book and the price when the order was processed .. the amount ?

5 Pence !! .. I won't spend it all at once .. it must cost a lot more than that to send me the 'cash' .. still. it's nice to know that my purchases are being closely monitored ((:>)

Comments

• Its definitely from them isn’t it and not a phishing email? 
    defo legit .. I keep a spreadsheet of all my credit card payments and the difference between my entry and the actual price was a whopping 5 pence  :) 
    If it was dodgy they would ask you to log in & maybe confirm bank details (I don't know just guessing on that) If it's genuine they wouldn't ask you to do anything, they would just refund the cash. Think carefully Lincs about what you intend to do with it  :D
    defo legit .. I keep a spreadsheet of all my credit card payments and the difference between my entry and the actual price was a whopping 5 pence  :) 
    I just don’t trust any email I receive at the moment. It’s the same with the phone had Amazon, BT, Virgin, HMRC and various power companies asking for my banking details. 

I expect you will start getting the begging letters after such a hefty windfall.....😁😁
    If it was dodgy they would ask you to log in & maybe confirm bank details (I don't know just guessing on that) If it's genuine they wouldn't ask you to do anything, they would just refund the cash. Think carefully Lincs about what you intend to do with it  :D
    You need a positive and upbeat independent financial advisor. What about Go ....., no wait!

• Anyone ringing out the blue and asking for bank details should immediately raise alarm bells. 
  • iaitch said:
    Anyone ringing out the blue and asking for bank details should immediately raise alarm bells. 
    Agreed, I don’t give my details over the phone to anyone. 

I try and avoid social media as well, haven’t used Facebook for years and won’t consider, Twitter, tik tok or Instagram. Watched a film once showing how easy it was for people to get your info from these types of sites.....very scary 
  • iaitch said:
    Anyone ringing out the blue and asking for bank details should immediately raise alarm bells. 

I try and avoid social media as well, haven’t used Facebook for years and won’t consider, Twitter, tik tok or Instagram. Watched a film once showing how easy it was for people to get your info from these types of sites.....very scary 
    Going off subject but I will just say that sometimes I am astounded at the information some people post on here.
  • iaitch said:

Going off subject but I will just say that sometimes I am astounded at the information some people post on here.
    I know, if I was Lincs id have kept news of this life changing windfall to myself
  • iaitch said:

I don't answer the phone to anyone if I don't recognise the number. If it's important/kosher they'll leave a message.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

I don't answer the phone to anyone if I don't recognise the number. If it's important/kosher they'll leave a message.
    I should probably do that. But i must admit I like to tell them where to go when it’s not a recorded message.........
  • iaitch said:

I should probably do that. But i must admit I like to tell them where to go when it’s not a recorded message.........

Many telephone providers have a solution to combat this, you enable a feature where the call is re-directed so they announce themselves before putting the call through to you. Also they often have a white listing service so numbers that you trust are not diverted to that service.