Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Support the Management

As a group we are quick to criticise players who wish to leave the club and say that they are disloyal, Taylor being the most high profile, but where is our loyalty? Bowyer and his management team have endured more difficulties in 2 years than many do in their whole career, I don't need to list them you all know what they are. Through all this they have stayed loyal to the club which I would guess has affected their own health and wellbeing but they are here doing their best. Currently there is again a number of unavailable players who would automatically be on or near the team sheet.

Bowyer, Jackson and Gallon need our support now more than ever to help them through the current situation.

I ask all Lifers who support them to add their support to this thread.

We are Charlton, we are special, we support our team

Comments

• Yes. 

To paraphrase some bloke with a cigar, the arrival of Thomas was the end of the beginning. There is still a long way to go.
  • F*ck em!

Only joking
    +1
  • Full support. But not unconditional; we need to finish in the top six for this season to be considered a success.
  • edited January 2021
    I support them, they need the rub of the green as well

TS saved the club, he supports LB, it's his money, so who am  I to not support them?
  • Whilst they are in post they will have my full support. Whether I think they should still be in post is not, at the moment, a given. 
  • Its not unconditional, but as things currently stand, YES

Exactly this. There are some positives signs from the second half and post match interview. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    100% support 
  • 100pc but I am concerned about the inexperienced Management team. We are effectively their first job! An experienced arm will not do much harm.
  • 100% support.....desperate for it to work for Lee and for him to get us up and be given a serious budget to see what he can really do
  • Pedro45 said:
    I want Bowyer to stay, but I cannot support any manager at any time who is doing things to "hurt" the team, and playing people out of position when he does not need to is crazy. If Luzon, Peeters, Riga, Slade, Robinson, and that other bloke who was here for five minutes did that (regularly), they would have been slated too. Curbishley, Powell, and Lawrence would never do it. We have two players at least for every position, play them in those positions!!!
    Remind me of the four centre back choices Bow has had for any game in the last three months. Remind me of the four strikers worthy of the name that he had to choose from. How many more times does this point have to be made? The spine of this team is fragile, partly because our fitness/medical has been unfit for purpose since before Bow took over .How many more times does this point have to be made in these discussions?

100% behind the playing management including Steve Gallen.

Medical and fitness, step up
    And yet we have at least 12 players for a maximum of 5 midfield positions - not including the likes of Gunter, Matthews, Maatsen and Osilaja who have all played there depending on the formation. That is because the balance of the squad was wrong with the thought that, should we get injuries, Pratley or Gunter could be utilised as CBs and we believed that we were signing Schwarz in the last window. The last 10 games are not just down to injuries because every team has those and there are very few that have the depth of squad that we have.

Fully behind LB and believe he should be given 'til the end of the season providing that there is a visible sign of improvement - that doesn't mean we have to go up but if we are unlikely to even make the play offs with say half a dozen games to go then we might just as well look at our options and give the right person, if they are available, time to assess the squad for next season.

No more excuses. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The excuses are wearing a bit thin - other managers have to cope with limited squads and injuries in L1. 

Hopefully things will improve.
  • Pedro45 said:
    I want Bowyer to stay, but I cannot support any manager at any time who is doing things to "hurt" the team, and playing people out of position when he does not need to is crazy. If Luzon, Peeters, Riga, Slade, Robinson, and that other bloke who was here for five minutes did that (regularly), they would have been slated too. Curbishley, Powell, and Lawrence would never do it. We have two players at least for every position, play them in those positions!!!
    Remind me of the four centre back choices Bow has had for any game in the last three months. Remind me of the four strikers worthy of the name that he had to choose from. How many more times does this point have to be made? The spine of this team is fragile, partly because our fitness/medical has been unfit for purpose since before Bow took over .How many more times does this point have to be made in these discussions?

And yet we have at least 12 players for a maximum of 5 midfield positions - not including the likes of Gunter, Matthews, Maatsen and Osilaja who have all played there depending on the formation. That is because the balance of the squad was wrong with the thought that, should we get injuries, Pratley or Gunter could be utilised as CBs and we believed that we were signing Schwarz in the last window. The last 10 games are not just down to injuries because every team has those and there are very few that have the depth of squad that we have.

Fully behind LB and believe he should be given 'til the end of the season providing that there is a visible sign of improvement - that doesn't mean we have to go up but if we are unlikely to even make the play offs with say half a dozen games to go then we might just as well look at our options and give the right person, if they are available, time to assess the squad for next season.

No more excuses. 
    Four centre backs with Pratley covering is a good balance, having 3/4 out at a time isn’t normal.

Who are you including in the midfield 12? Levitt/Millar and Vennings didn’t count against the wage cap so it’s not as if that stopped us bringing in another player elsewhere.

JFC / Gilbey
    Pratley / Watson
    Shinnie / Morgan
    Maddison / Williams
    Doughty / Smyth
    Levitt (replaced by Millar) / Vennings
  • 100%.
    We are all on the journey together.
  • Yes.
  • Pedro45 said:

I stated "playing people out of position when he does not need to is crazy", so if we are desperate, then that's fine. But playing Smyth at right back when Gunter and Matthews are fit is stupid; playing Maatsen right midfield is stupid when Smyth, Williams Morgan and Maddison can all play there; playing Pratley or Gunter at CB when we have nobody else is fine.

As for the strikers, remind me who bought Aneke, Washington, Bogle, Schwartz, Smyth, and Millar?
  • Redrobo said:
    100%.
    We are all on the journey together.
    This thread would make you wonder, not even reached page 2 yet.
  • I wonder how many threads we will end up with on this topic? 

I doubt that many Charlton fans don’t support Bowyer (or whomever happens to be the incumbent) for the time that he’s Charlton manager as his interests align with ours and the thing that unites us as fans, players, coaches, managers, and ownership is that we want Charlton to succeed. 

For what it’s worth I think expecting or showing loyalty to any player or manager is crazy and won’t be reciprocated. My only (football) loyalty is to Charlton Athletic.