Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021

Well that was certainly eventful. We go 2-0 down and then Chuks immediately pulls one back, but we still end up 4-2 down at half time. The second half was better, and Ronnie Schwartz gets his first goal for the club to make it 4-4. We had the better chances to win it after that, and then Jason Pearce got sent off for a second yellow after a lunge on their keeper, so we were hanging on to some extent but managed to do so.
Your thoughts?

Comments

• I wonder if TS told Bowyer he needs to play attacking football
  • Happy with the draw after being 2-0 and 4-2 down. 

Aneke had a blinder. Great to see Schwartz score. 

Interesting to see the defence line up on Saturday after the late red card tonight. 

• edited January 2021
    Not sure how I feel about that. I felt this should be the game to stop the rot, but to concede four to the team 18th is pretty poor. At the same time its pleasing to see us come back the way we did. 

I think the next Sat-Tues double header could be crucial, anything less then a couple of wins and LB could be on very thin ice, games are running out with promotion slipping away. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Very mixed feelings - and will prefer not to think about that first half currently.

Second half, perhaps partly due to getting the underperforming Gilby off, we looked a complete different team. We sometimes have those 45 minutes - Forest at home, Reading away, MK Dons this season. 

Why can't we do that consistently? Probably because we don't play a consistent team and line up for one. 
  • I don't know what to think about that.

Plus points are the performances from Chuks and Millar and Ronnie off the mark but we should still be beating Rochdale.

• Sponsored links:

• Another definite 3 points lost due to our shit defence 
    as soon as our 2 defenders are back things should improve.
    the problem we now have is everyone in league one knows we leak Goals due to our shut defence including the crap teams.
    some great goals from Chucks and Ronnie S 
  • Watching Schwartz on Valley Pass he’s come over on his own, his girlfriend isn’t allowed to join him due to the Covid situation.
  • Weirdly happy with a point at home to Rochdale which, on paper, is a poor result.