Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andrew Shinnie and Akin Famewo could both be back for Charlton’s match at Peterborough next week.

Comments

• Sorely missed.
  • Massive boost to have them both back. I think Famewo is a very good footballer, calm, measured and has quality. Clearly he will play at a higher level perhaps even with Norwich in the premier next season. However, I think it's 
    Innis who we need back more for this league. Hopefully it wont be long before we see him.

• Great news. 
  • Christmas has come late this year
  • Confidence is at that level that our eyes are focusing more on HOW our player's are used and their work ethic, than assuming their return will have us back to winning ways.

• Sponsored links:

• All I hope is that we get them back with no other injuries taking their place

Using Sage's comment from a preview a few months back, the players need to stop playing injury tag!!
  • Famewo will be running onto the pitch when Bowyer gets the call that Norwich want him back...
  • edited January 2021
    It's the revolving door, Maddison out. 
    It's been like this for so long now that it must be a curse.
    Shinnie and Famewo would make most of our starting 11 so yes some light in a dark spell for Cafc. 
  • Famewo will be running onto the pitch when Bowyer gets the call that Norwich want him back...h
    Wishful thinking? 😉
  • Just checking... 

Famewo in for Pearce or Oshilaja?

• Dazzler21 said:
    Just checking... 

Maddison
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Just checking... 

Definitely replacement for Pearce because I don't like two left footed CBS in a back four.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reckon it will be for Oshilaja... Famewo and Pearce have played together this season
  • edited January 2021
    Reckon it will be for Oshilaja... Famewo and Pearce have played together this season
    Yeh you're probably right mate not my choice but if Pearce has another mare tomorrow night Bowyer will be spitting more feathers and drop him.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Just checking... 

Pearce, but then Pratley will be back as well to replace Oshilaja...
  • The comments on Maddison at the end are brutal!
  • The comments on Maddison at the end are brutal!
    Dunno... Southgate said similar about Gomez when he got injured recently for England

e.g. there was no one even near him when he went down
  • Brilliant news. Two most important and best players at the club. Will make a massive difference when these two return. 
    Hmm.... been here before. We were going to fly back up the table when Taylor came back last season. Prior to lockdown he just came back and joined in with the crap performances everybody else was putting in. 
  • Drop Pearce. He's no warrior for me. Striker's relish, not fear playing against him these days. He's been the direct source of a few goals this season in League bloody One.
  • RaplhMilne said: 
    Brilliant news. Two most important and best players at the club. Will make a massive difference when these two return. 
    Hmm.... been here before. We were going to fly back up the table when Taylor came back last season. Prior to lockdown he just came back and joined in with the crap performances everybody else was putting in. 
    Not expecting miracles from these two and we go and finished 2nd winning 10 in a row but they will make a much better team. 

It would be harsh but correct that Shinnie is probably twice the play Morgan is. Akin is probably the best centre half we’ve had at Charlton in ten years.