Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crisps (and similar snacks)

- What are your current favourite ones?
- What are the ones you miss that they don't do anymore?

I'd go for maybr Rib N Saucy Nik Naks now, and discontinued maybe Hedgehog Crisps, or maybe these Potato Triangles:

Comments

• Original Doritos are my favourites

Think the only ones I can think of that I dont see anymore are the salt n shake crisps where you got a packet of plain crisps and you got a small bag of salt if you wanted to add it
  • I’m proper boring - ready salted is my favourite and ready salted Kettle Chips is my most favouritist 

Think the only ones I can think of that I dont see anymore are the salt n shake crisps where you got a packet of plain crisps and you got a small bag of salt if you wanted to add it
    Almost went for Cool Original Doritos, they are good.

Aldi and Lidl both have their own brand versions of Salt'n'Shake, and I'm sure some of the larger supermarkets do to. Plus, the original Salt'n'Shake from Smiths are still available (sure I've seen them in Morrisons), just not advertised. Pretty much the only adverts you see for crisps these days are Walkers/Doritos/Pringles.
  • Salt and Vinegar Squares or Pickled Onion Monster Munch. Those American T Bone Steak crisps are unreal as well.
  • Tayto Cheese & Onion.
  • Do the Walkers Sensations Poppadoms count?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bacon flavour Wheat Crunchies are my current favourite, although partial to any Mccoys.
  • Lime doritos and pickled onion monster munch.
  • Scampi Fries - they remind me of a bird from Erith I once fingered round the back of T's. 
    Did you lick your fingers after?
  • James86 said:
    Scampi Fries - they remind me of a bird from Erith I once fingered round the back of T's. 
    Did you lick your fingers after?

Hell yeah!!
  • As a kid bovril flavour, just don’t see them now.
    Currently roast chicken.
  • Pickled Onion Monster Munch, Spicy Tomato Wheat Crunchies, M&S Prawn Shells & M&S Honey Barbecue Wholegrain Snacks are my crisps of choice but if I had to pick a favourite it would be the Monster Munch all day long.
  • James86 said:
    I’m a bit of a crisp monster. Dread to say how many bags I eat a day. 4 bags with lunch, couple more when I finish work, then a couple more after dinner. We buy the multipack box of Walkers once a week and top up with share size bags.Got to be Walkers Cheese & Onion for me though. Followed by BBQ Hula Hoops. Never like Smokey Bacon. Always repeat on me. 
    8 packets of crisps a day - blimey! I used to beat myself up over one bag a day...

With you taste wise though, those are my yop two. I like Tayto a lot but don't seem them often. 
  • edited January 2021
    James86 said:
    I’m a bit of a crisp monster. Dread to say how many bags I eat a day. 4 bags with lunch, couple more when I finish work, then a couple more after dinner. We buy the multipack box of Walkers once a week and top up with share size bags.Got to be Walkers Cheese & Onion for me though. Followed by BBQ Hula Hoops. Never like Smokey Bacon. Always repeat on me. 
    You don’t genuinely eat eight packets of crisps a day do you? Think you may need to go to rehab if you do!
  • Sponsored links:

• In the early 80's the ice cream van used to sell Haggis flavour. I can't remember the brand but I am sure they were in a tartan bag. They were great.
  • Can you get Branagans crisps anywhere now?

Aldi and Lidl both have their own brand versions of Salt'n'Shake, and I'm sure some of the larger supermarkets do to. Plus, the original Salt'n'Shake from Smiths are still available (sure I've seen them in Morrisons), just not advertised. Pretty much the only adverts you see for crisps these days are Walkers/Doritos/Pringles.
    My Mum-in-law only eats Salt n Shake, they are available in all supermarkets as far as I know. Everything else is far too exciting and exotic for her...  :D  
  • Original Doritos 
  • se9addick said:
    James86 said:
    You don’t genuinely eat eight packets of crisps a day do you? Think you may need to go to rehab if you do!
    Or go cold turkey (and stuffing)?
  • Cheese and onion Ringos 
    M&S cheese balls 
    Walkers Chicken , Bovril and Ready Salted. 
    Sainsbury’s Onion Rings 
  • RUFFLES WITH HAM FLAVOUR - Your Spanish Corner
    if you know you know
  • edited January 2021
    Never got on with ham or bacon crisps, agree with @James86, they repeat on you.

Barbecue Rib Walkers were great, always get disappointed when I see a black packet and realise they are Marmite not Barbecue Rib.