Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I think Bauer 93:54 in the style of the (Jack Bauer) 24 clock
  • I think any of the posters that were used for ‘Back to the Valley.’ would be good if still around @PragueAddick

Particularly the one of the small boy and ‘Long before you were here and long after you are gone’ or something along those lines.
    The museum has digital reproduction copies 
  • I think any of the posters that were used for ‘Back to the Valley.’ would be good if still around @PragueAddick

Particularly the one of the small boy and ‘Long before you were here and long after you are gone’ or something along those lines.
    Too wordy for the size of banner
  • I think Bauer 93:54 in the style of the (Jack Bauer) 24 clock
    To go with "Mendonca 23, 71, 103, Rufus 85", I think "Purrington 35, Bauer 94" would be better. Maybe also "Shirtliff 113, 117" possibly in the NW Quadrant, with the 98 times central in the Covered End and the 2019 times in the NE Quadrant?
  • 25th September 2020

The day Thomas bought us
  • “Thank you Thomas Sandgaard”
  • Solidgone said:
    “Thank you Thomas Sandgaard”
    On a Danish flag
  • Ah my lovely banners 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah let’s get a TS banner, that would get up Rm’s nose!!
  • edited January 2021
    Seeing as he wouldn’t name a stand after him, how’s about our greatest manager in most of our living history - an Alan Curbishley banner.

Now Alan’s back at the club, regularly, I’m sure he’d love that he’s still highly regarded.

No idea on wording, but some creative type, like Stig perhaps, could come up with something?
  • Seeing as he wouldn’t name a stand after him, how’s about our greatest manager in most of our living history - an Alan Curbishley banner.

Now Alan’s back at the club, regularly, I’m sure he’d love that he’s still highly regarded.

No idea on wording, but some creative type, like Stig perhaps, could come up with something?
    Whisper words of wisdom, Curbishley? 
  • Seeing as he wouldn’t name a stand after him, how’s about our greatest manager in most of our living history - an Alan Curbishley banner.

Plenty of shots ?

Realise that's not our current playing philosophy, but one fans and TS would like as well as paying tribute to Curbs.

Or an image of the BFG 94
  • I think the new banners should avoid references to TS and Denmark. I get it, and we are still in the throes of recognising our good fortune, but the banners should, in my opinion, reflect events and outcomes rather than individuals, and should have stood the test of time rather than being "in the moment", as that can quickly go sour...(not suggesting it will).

My thoughts

- "four grounds one home". I think we need to keep this. It sums everything up perfectly.
     -"We chose the right club". A message to visiting fans, and also a subliminal message to others who chose the wrong one.
     - "FA Cup Winners -1947"
     - "75,031, and room for more"

Ones that I'd like to put up but I think might not set the right tone:-
     - "Liar, Liar, Liar"
     - "Our club, not yours"
     - "Never a customer, always a fan"

• I'm reluctant to put up anything related to Wembley 19, as we were relegated a year after and while I've nothing against the BFG it seems odd to celebrate a player who left straight after the match. While that was a great day, ultimately it was a flash in the pan success

• I'm reluctant to put up anything related to Wembley 19, as we were relegated a year after and while I've nothing against the BFG it seems odd to celebrate a player who left straight after the match. While that was a great day, ultimately it was a flash in the pan success

A bit like '98 then when we were relegated a year after ;) - Although you're right, in that instance the squad didnt get broken up
  • I think the new banners should avoid references to TS and Denmark. I get it, and we are still in the throes of recognising our good fortune, but the banners should, in my opinion, reflect events and outcomes rather than individuals, and should have stood the test of time rather than being "in the moment", as that can quickly go sour...(not suggesting it will).

My thoughts

- "four grounds one home". I think we need to keep this. It sums everything up perfectly.
     -"We chose the right club". A message to visiting fans, and also a subliminal message to others who chose the wrong one.
     - "FA Cup Winners -1947"

- "Liar, Liar, Liar"
     - "Our club, not yours"

"Eight grounds, one home" was actually one of original banners 
    @SporadicAddick

I like Fans not customers and something about the cup win would be good.

We've had an offer to pay for one banner already, which is fantastic, but will need to find some more money from somewhere for any others, hint hint.

We've had dozens of emails so far.

Common themes are

Seb

Bauer/you German beauty/variations on that.

Enter Sandman

Other ideas around Mendonca, killer, 47 cup win, other protesting clubs
  • "We've done it Tel"
  • Sponsored links:

• How about Tracey's "Get out of this Club"

My thoughts

- "FA Cup Winners -1947"

- "Liar, Liar, Liar"
     - "Our club, not yours"

"Eight grounds, one home" was actually one of original banners 
    @SporadicAddick

I like Fans not customers and something about the cup win would be good.

We've had an offer to pay for one banner already, which is fantastic, but will need to find some more money from somewhere for any others, hint hint.

We've had dozens of emails so far.

Common themes are

Seb

Bauer/you German beauty/variations on that.

Enter Sandman

Other ideas around Mendonca, killer, 47 cup win, other protesting clubs
    Fans not customers gets my vote.

A bit like '98 then when we were relegated a year after ;) - Although you're right, in that instance the squad didnt get broken up
    Wembley 98 got us into the PL, a much bigger achievement than returning to the Championship. And led to the best period for the club since the 1930s and 40s

A year after Wembley 19 we were "bought" by Paul Elliot...
  • Something for seb would get my vote. 

40 points?
  • there is a Seb Lewis flag now on display at the Valley
    Wow I must of missed this somehow..but that is a work of art,that is such a brilliant tribute flag,well done on all concerned with that...👏👏👏
  • I missed it too.
    Very nice flag. Puts a lot of things in perspective in the current time. We can't go to games for a while but Seb won't go again ever. RIP Seb never forgotten and I mean that. I will see that flag and always give you a thumbs up like you did to me, winning or losing.