Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joey Barton

Has got the tin tack

Comments

• Gutted for him 😈
  • shock horror .. is this connected to the Ched Evans 'affair' I wonder ?
  • Such a decent chap.
    Got to be

They havent been losing recently a few draws but no defeats since 5th December, so it cant be results based
  • Statement is very short and to the point.

A fall out or something to do with the Stendel assault case maybe.

I'd forgotten about that sordid assault

I think Evans is still at the club based on what there fans are saying and it seems as tho he has left by mutual consent so maybe over what happened between those 2
    Got to be

They havent been losing recently a few draws but no defeats since 5th December, so it cant be results based
    Not great results though in December, especially after you sack your best goalscorer...

0-1
    0-1
    1-0
    1-1
    1-1

Quite binary!
  • couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke.
  • Does @DA9 have contact with Andy Pilley? Be good to get some inside info on the two reprobates (Evans and Barton that is).
  • Sponsored links:

• Punching above his weight?
  • Maybe replacing Lennon at Celtic ?
  • barstool said:
    Maybe replacing Lennon at Celtic ?
    Please let this happen.
  • barstool said:
    No, we’re signing him as a defensive central midfielder.
  • Macronate said:
    barstool said:
    No, we’re signing him as a defensive central midfielder.
    And then play him in goal
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Has got the tic tac

Isn’t it ‘tin tack’?
  • JaShea99 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Has got the tic tac

Isn’t it ‘tin tack’?
    Yes it is :smile:
  • He's meeting Abramovic to discuss taking over from Frank Lampard.
  • Sponsored links:

• He might be a bit of a prick, but he's done a lot better than quite a few ex-players in the management game, TBH.

At least until he starts punching people, anyway!
    I didn’t know he’d given the cigars up 😉.
  • He might be a bit of a prick, but he's done a lot better than quite a few ex-players in the management game, TBH.

At least until he starts punching people, anyway!
    Completely agree.  Perhaps the players were fearing a two-footed reducer from him at half time if they had a stinker in the first 45 :-)

But in honesty he did better than most people thought he would as they are punching well above their weight
  • Addickted said:
    Does @DA9 have contact with Andy Pilley? Be good to get some inside info on the two reprobates (Evans and Barton that is).

• DA9DA9
    edited January 2021
    Addickted said:
    Does @DA9 have contact with Andy Pilley? Be good to get some inside info on the two reprobates (Evans and Barton that is).
    I will ask my son who is friends with Andy Pilleys son, messaged my Fleetwood mate, he says he has not heard a reason given, but suspects it’s definitely something to do with the ched Evans situation 
  • Interestingly at Fleetwood, the Director of football Eddy Jennings and coaches Clint Hill and Andy Mangan have also departed, with youth team boss Simon Wiles put in interim charge.

More of a clearout than you'd expect if it was just about Barton
  • It could be financial reasons. 
  • Dignified and decent statement. 

The parallels between him and our own manager are a lot closer than a lot of people would like to admit
  • Leuth said:
    Dignified and decent statement. 

The parallels between him and our own manager are a lot closer than a lot of people would like to admit
    That is what I thought.  Joey Barton has a poor record of behaviour as we know but his teams play decent football. 
    Not sure that's a parallel ;)