Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Years Resolutions(or any other plans)

edited January 2021 in Not Sports Related
Was surprised there was no thread for this already 

So has anyone on here made any resolutions or just any plans for the new year.

My only resolution is to try and lose weight, got down to 15.1 by November(was around 17.6 pre covid19) but by the end of December i was back to 15.11

So want to get to around 12.5 by the end of 2021 

Comments

• I have also decided I want to see how many games of football I watch during a calendar year so have started writing them down, my only criteria is I have to watch at least 60 minutes of the match for it to count(so the Everton game yesterday didnt count as I switched it off after 45 minutes)

Up to 2 so far Man Utd v Aston Villa and Rangers v Celtic
  • I’m trying to get back running, cycle more and eat more healthily.

No targets though.

Good luck paulie.
  • edited January 2021
    Trying to run the equivalent of Lands End to John O'Groats (or the other way around I guess) in a year, 874 miles.

It's about 2.3 miles a day and I've done 3.7 so far, so I'm already behind!
  • edited January 2021
    I'm keeping my ambitions strictly low key for the time being: Stay healthy, stay sane, keep hold of my job, put my family first, do a little something for myself every day.
    As and when the covid threat clears, perhaps I'll work on some of the items on my bucket list.
  • edited January 2021
    I HATE GOOGLE MAPS
  • Mine is to stay off the booze for a while. I’ve worked out that I had had 3 “dry” days between March Lockdown and New Year’s Eve - gaining a stone and a half in the process (all around the gut). So far this year I’ve had 2 “dry” days. 
  • Trying to run the equivalent of Lands End to zjohn O'Groats (or the other way around I guess) in a year, 874 miles.

I got some good news for you GoogleMaps says its 638 miles which means 638÷365=1.75 a day rounded up so after day 2 you should have done 3.5 so according to Google Maps you are ahead lol

🤔 Lands End moved?
    Lol not my fault I done a Neil Robertson and just typed in a place not realising there was 2 of them 🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• I've also signed up to the Lands End to John O Groats challenge - will be doing more walking than running though I expect!
  • edited January 2021
    Not to read or get embroiled in the 'Post Match Thread' after a defeat.
  • Trying to run the equivalent of Lands End to zjohn O'Groats (or the other way around I guess) in a year, 874 miles.

I got some good news for you GoogleMaps says its 638 miles which means 638÷365=1.75 a day rounded up so after day 2 you should have done 3.5 so according to Google Maps you are ahead lol

🤔 Lands End moved?

Yep, apparently it's in London now. I blame Boris.

🤔 Lands End moved?
    Lol not my fault I done a Neil Robertson and just typed in a place not realising there was 2 of them 🤣🤣

Not your fault?   ...... Who do you think you are, Lee Bowyer??   :smile:

• Trying to run the equivalent of Lands End to John O'Groats (or the other way around I guess) in a year, 874 miles.

Google Maps says 813 miles if your walking. It goes virtually past my house. I think I will set that as a challenge myself 👍.

• Trying to run the equivalent of Lands End to John O'Groats (or the other way around I guess) in a year, 874 miles.

Google Maps says 813 miles if your walking. It goes virtually past my house. I think I will set that as a challenge myself 👍.

That may be my final decision on a total come December!
  • Hopefully find a job, that will see me through for 5 - 10 years & retirement.
  • Mine is to stay off the booze for a while. I’ve worked out that I had had 3 “dry” days between March Lockdown and New Year’s Eve - gaining a stone and a half in the process (all around the gut). So far this year I’ve had 2 “dry” days. 
    Not the male Twiggy anymore then?!
  • Hopefully find a job, that will see me through for 5 - 10 years & retirement.
    I have a better idea, f*** the job and retire now my friend.
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    2020 was a shit year for me. Prostate surgery, Heart scare, stepson dying suddenly and to cap it off, catching Covid. If there’s one thing that life has taught me over the last year it’s enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think. So that’s my new year’s resolution. I’m going blow my savings on travelling and enjoying myself before the final curtain comes down because you don’t know when that’s going to be.

Here's hoping Bozzer and co manage to set up a vaccination programme that works, so that we are not still stuck in Tier 4 on December 31st...
    What could possibly go wrong?
  • bobmunro said:
    1. Will give up smoking by no later than end of January
    2. Speed up semi-retirement plans (drop Fridays in April and Mondays by the end of the year).
    3. Prepare the garden for retirement - greenhouses and vegetable patches to start with (I must be getting old) - and a carriage house and workshop for a classic car for retirement fun (not sure what it will be just yet)
    4. I've lost my 'Covid stone' already - 14 stone now - aiming for 12-7 by end of March.

Points 2 and 3 as I have finally realised that I do not want to spend what years I have left just working - and 1 and 4 to give me a better chance to increase the number of those years.

All of the above secondary to the hope we can all get back to living our lives surrounded by loved ones and friends.
    If you do one thing @bobmunro make it No.1
  • Growing up I’ve never normally set new year resolutions, as I’d end up breaking them, and setting myself up for a fall, so just gave up.

So I’ve tried to be realistic and set myself of trying to lose a stone in weight by the end of the year, if I do it sooner, great, if I don’t do well at least I’ll have tried.

The introduction of Covid, has sharpened my mind about weight loss, I don’t want to be an extra burden to the family.
  • I have also decided I want to see how many games of football I watch during a calendar year so have started writing them down, my only criteria is I have to watch at least 60 minutes of the match for it to count(so the Everton game yesterday didnt count as I switched it off after 45 minutes)

Fulham v Chelsea will be number 20 so far 
  • edited January 2021
    Keep losing weight steadily.  2 stones down from August, 2 more to go.

Carry on keeping alcohol to no more than 4 days per week and no more 25 unit sessions.

Walk away from arguments.  Including on CL.

Remember it is just a f***ing job and not worth killing myself over.  I'm 60, I've got the t-shirt, I've got f*** all left to prove.

Couch to 5k once my achilles tendonitis has healed.

Maybe move onto a narrowboat.

This hasn’t gone as well as I anticipated. I’m still on 2 “dry” days this year. Still, it’s a work in progress....
    This hasn’t gone as well as I anticipated. I’m still on 2 “dry” days this year. Still, it’s a work in progress....
    2 dry days between 1st jan and 16th jan is better than 3 dry between March and 31st December percentage wise so you should be proud of what you have already achieved

Best thing I did this, started off as a thing to see how many games I watched in a year, ended up being something to help my mental health, once I got to March I knew I had to see the year to finish off what I started.

Anyway after watching Man Utd v Burnley that was my last game of 2021 so this was my end of year stats, I changed the criteria so I had to watch at least 70 minutes of the game for it to count