Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goodbye 2020!

And good riddance.....without doubt the lousiest most dismal year of my life and I am certain I am not alone in airing that sentiment.
Not only for the wicked spectre of Covid-19 but for the ceaseless loss of fellow Addicks and mixture of personalities from all walks of life that we shall greatly miss.
Every year we comment on how many have passed away, but it’s fair to say that 2020 has excelled itself in the RIP department, one never knew who we would lose next, it was truly distressing at times and with the loss of dear Tom (Mr Dependable) Morris it has been a bastard of a year right to the very end.
So, welcome to 2021 everyone, (though I think we all say that with one eye glancing over our shoulder), a year that we welcome with more than a little apprehension, surely it can only get better..........surely.

Comments

• It will mate in more ways than one. Up the Addicks 👍.
  • Yeh, fuck right off twat!
  • edited December 2020
    It's been a very tough year, but the more people tell you it will be a shit year, the more you'll believe it.

Look back at the good memories, don't linger on the bad stuff.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It's been a very tough year, but the more people tell you it will be a shit year, the more you'll believe it.

Please remind me on how many people have passed away?
  • clb74 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I suppose I'm still breathing.
    But that's it.

And long may that continue.
  • I end 2020 with COVID-19 positive and start 2021 COVID-19 positive - That’s something to tell the grandchildren in years to come ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Compared to a regular year?

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841
    2020 - 529,928 (Up to 13 Nov - on target for 599,049)

So yeah that's a potential increase of 11.5% on last year and 10% on 2018

How many people known to you died in 19 or 18?

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841
    2020 - 529,928 (Up to 13 Nov - on target for 399,049)

Makes no sense to me.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Makes no sense to me.
    I'll guess at 'on target for 599,049' (not 399,049).  

Then the maths work.
  • Dave Rudd said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Makes no sense to me.

Then the maths work.
    Spot on, apologies typo there.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Makes no sense to me.

Then the maths work.
    Spot on, apologies typo there.
    It's a gift.
  • This virus is not going to say "12 o'clock, new year - let's pack up and give everyone a break"  It's here to stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck off 2020. And I mean right off. And when you get there, fuck off again.
    Keep fucking off until you get back to where you started, and then fuck off again.
  • edited January 2021
    This virus is not going to say "12 o'clock, new year - let's pack up and give everyone a break"  It's here to stay.
    cheers for that mate 
    It's fucked me financially and others I know whos life its taken. Not putting a downer, just realistic. Let's hope this vaccine they've magic'd up does its job.
  • This virus is not going to say "12 o'clock, new year - let's pack up and give everyone a break"  It's here to stay.
    cheers for that mate 
    It's fucked me financially and others I know who's life its taken. Not putting a downer, just realistic. 
    i know what you mean man. tough year and nothing is gonna change soon. hope better fortune for you and everyone else. 
  • 2021 may well start bad but surely it has to get better. 
  • edited December 2020
    Never been someone to think about ‘new year new me’ bollocks. But the last 12 months have been truly horrendous. Lost my dad and job. I’m gonna take this new year as a psychological reason to think positive. 2020 can do one, tomorrow is a new day and year (and my bday).

Happy New Year everyone.
    Hope you have a fantastic year of finding positive Gary
  • Because the majority of us weren't alive between 39-45 so we haven't had a year in our lives when we had a mass downer together where death, suffering, careers and livelihoods took a hammering.
    There are still winners and losers. Joe Wicks and Jeff Bezos have had decent years.

Thanks to the good guys who were Selfless in 2020.

Bye bye 2020. You started off poor and then fell away.

New year New hope.

Cheers.

• Never been someone to think about ‘new year new me’ bollocks. But the last 12 months have been truly horrendous. Lost my dad and job. I’m gonna take this new year as a psychological reason to think positive. 2020 can do one, tomorrow is a new day and year (and my bday).

Happy New Year everyone.
    Best of luck this year gaz. It can only get better surely 🤞
  • Never been someone to think about ‘new year new me’ bollocks. But the last 12 months have been truly horrendous. Lost my dad and job. I’m gonna take this new year as a psychological reason to think positive. 2020 can do one, tomorrow is a new day and year (and my bday).

Happy New Year everyone.
    Commiserations on the news of your dad, and good luck on the work front mate. Stay strong 💪👍