Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The cancelled game thread (due to Covid)

It makes sense to have one thread to log all the cancellations

The headline news today is that Man City have cancelled their game with Everton, but in L1 another team Rochdale has been forced to cancel its next 2 games vs Crewe and MKD. That means 6 games in L1 will again be cancelled

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55470008

Comments

• In L2 Morecambe have cancelled their next 2 games
  • Rochdale have called off their next two games, tomorrow was set to be at Crewe, Saturday against Milton Keynes
  • Rochdale have called off their next two games, tomorrow was set to be at Crewe, Saturday against Milton Keynes
    Thanks for letting us know, I would have had no idea from reading the OP that Rochdale had called off their next 2 games otherwise 🤣🤣
    Haha you're welcome, its for other idiots like me who dont read an OP properly
  • Sunderland have called off 4 games in a row now after calling off their game againsr Accrington.

Their last game was 15th December their next gamr will be 2nd January Maybe lol.

Talk about giving your new manager time to get to know his players 
  • Don't understand why there have been more games called off in league 1 than league 2...strange!
  • Don't understand why there have been more games called off in league 1 than league 2...strange!
    I'm guessing there's a "spreader" club who passed the virus on to other clubs before they found out they had positive players
  • Sponsored links:

• Give the last team standing the title... See how many teams in League One go down with COVID then!!
  • 5 games left in L1 tomorrow, and none of the top 11 are playing!
  • This will probably turn out to be the shortest thread ever, as the whole season
    gets called off due to common sense prevailing, long as we don't leave all the
    important decisions to the useless EFL :)
  • MattF said:
    They were supposed to have been playing  Peterborough on Saturday.

I wonder now if Peterborough would have preferred to be playing us tomorrow instead of somehow getting away with an 11 day isolation period 

Instant Karma as John Lennon once sang. 
  • MattF said:
    They were supposed to have been playing  Peterborough on Saturday.

I wonder now if Peterborough would have preferred to be playing us tomorrow instead of somehow getting away with an 11 day isolation period 

Instant Karma as John Lennon once sang. 
    Suppose it's too much to ask that the EFL decide they shouldn't have called tomorrow's game off (and try and avoid somehow punishing us for it)
  • It feels like we're not far away from a full lockdown again, I would imagine that will include 'Elite' sport 
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember when Spurs were awarded the game against Leyton orient earlier in the season due to Covid at Orient & they couldn't fulfil the fixture. 

Bet that doesn't happen if city can't play the semi final. 

Double standards 
    If City can't play then yeah, they won't have to forfeit. Read earlier that there was a cut off point put in place where it becomes too late in the competition to award teams the win,  but can't remember which round that is
  • It feels like we're not far away from a full lockdown again, I would imagine that will include 'Elite' sport 
    Personally, if we are really concerned for people's mental health then I think football should continue.
    Watching football & the darts is definitely keeping me cheerful & my mind off of all the negatives.

So what if loads of games are postponed and the season has to extend until later in May or even June?
    Last season ended in June for the top two divisions and the bottom two divisions have now had a pay out to cover costs, which they didn't get last season.
    Trouble is how many International clubs will want their players ahead of the Euros... Cant see UEFA being happy to postpone that competition if they can avoid it

Means if we have to play into June it could well be without Williams and Gunter
  • edited December 2020
    It feels like we're not far away from a full lockdown again, I would imagine that will include 'Elite' sport 
    Personally, if we are really concerned for people's mental health then I think football should continue.
    Watching football & the darts is definitely keeping me cheerful & my mind off of all the negatives.

So what if loads of games are postponed and the season has to extend until later in May or even June?
    Last season ended in June for the top two divisions and the bottom two divisions have now had a pay out to cover costs, which they didn't get last season.
    Apart from MOTD or Quest highlights many people haven’t got Sky or BT though, so doubt if it matters to them. 
    It may help some but I don’t think a bit of live sport on TV is the magic wand, unfortunately getting out and speaking to others is.

If a lockdown is what is required then it should mean lockdown.

• edited December 2020
    It is quite bizarre how there are only 3 games cancelled in the other 3 divisions but League 1 has 7/12 that have been affected.

Accrington are already 4 games behind and going into the New Year still have 30 League games to go. To put that in perspective, in the last full season they only had to play 22 games in the same period.
  • edited December 2020
    It is quite bizarre how there are only 3 games cancelled in the other 3 divisions but League 1 has 7/12 that have been affected.

Accrington are already 4 games behind and going into the New Year still have 30 League games to go. To put that in perspective, in the last full season they only had to play 22 games in the same period.
    I can't explain for League 2, but Premier League and Championship have more resources (money) and testing in place to identify individuals that have COVID and isolate them.  Interestingly, it may appear that Charlton are also following a pretty decent protocol and testing regime as we have twice isolated individuals (Aneke, Morgan) to avoid the rest of the squad getting infected.  

What I can't explain with the above is the apparent outbreak at Man City and why this was not isolated to individuals and dealt with.  
  • BalladMan said:

I can't explain for League 2, but Premier League and Championship have more resources (money) and testing in place to identify individuals that have COVID and isolate them.  Interestingly, it may appear that Charlton are also following a pretty decent protocol and testing regime as we have twice isolated individuals (Aneke, Morgan) to avoid the rest of the squad getting infected.  

What I can't explain with the above is the apparent outbreak at Man City and why this was not isolated to individuals and dealt with.  
    Maybe Kyle had another "party" ?
  • Hull's game is off tonight because a number of their players have tested positive for Covid.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/2020/december/club-statement-lincoln-city-fixture-suspended/

Presumably our game there on Saturday will be called off as well?

• Hull's game is off tonight because a number of their players have tested positive for Covid.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/2020/december/club-statement-lincoln-city-fixture-suspended/

Presumably our game there on Saturday will be called off as well?

That was called off before Christmas.