Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christmas Number 1

Used to be a buzz thing even though loads of gimmicks over the years but this Ladbaby things is beyond a joke and christ knows what fecking numpty downloads this shite. 

I've not taken notice of Xmas No1 over the years but particularly liked Liams new song and thought I'd see if it had a crack but then see that this year would be Ladbabys 3rd in a row. I had to Google them to see who the fck they were and realised its just a load of shit, although there is a charity aspect. 

What sort of person downloads this shite to add to their collection? If you want to contribute to charity then fair play but you can do that without making a mockery of artist trying to produce decent music. 

Have I been whooshed or something as my minds blown with that shite. 

I love Xmas but heard Liams song in supermarket the other week and it really captured the mood and moment. 

Best Xmas song for years if you ask me. 

Comments

• You answered your own question 

You said what sort of person downloads this but then said there is the charity aspect.

The reason it gets so many downloads and will likely get Christmas number 1 for a third year is because of the Charity aspect.

All the money raised from downloads goes to charity.
  • edited December 2020
    You answered your own question 

You said what sort of person downloads this but then said there is the charity aspect.

The reason it gets so many downloads and will likely get Christmas number 1 for a third year is because of the Charity aspect.

All the money raised from downloads goes to charity.
    Would people rather pay for a ticket to watch Liverpool V Man Utd or two old vets teams having a kick about where all the proceeds go to charity?

I can't tell the difference. 
  • Liam's song is for charity too

I must admit to having not previous heard it. Having a listen, it's quite good, though I find his voice these days quite whiney, especially when he hits the higher notes
  • Successful YouTubers are masters of audience manipulation. LadBaby is particularly good at it, but even on Talent Shows - Simon Cowell has done the same for years through X-Factor with over the top production and biased judging for the talent he wants to win.

All credit to LadBaby as the money goes to a good cause and there's no doubt they've had some tough times as a family. I also like some of his content - although a lot of it is very contrived and makes no effort to hide it through very blatant cuts within his videos.

I suppose my point is that Christmas Number 1 has been devalued for years now and it's not LadBaby's fault. Someone else will fill the void when he stops.
  • Are there still charts?
  • se9addick said:
    Alright Liam you’ve made your point, as you were. 
    Let him roll with it. 
  • Boy, do I feel old. I remember when life was simple and you just bought what you liked and then the market researchers told you once a week what had sold the most (in their preferred shops). Nowadays it seems the whole thing is one big over-manipulated talent show for the clicky-fingered.

Christmas number ones are bizarre anyway. The most coveted number ones to get and invariably the most shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:
    Boy, do I feel old. I remember when life was simple and you just bought what you liked and then the market researchers told you once a week what had sold the most (in their preferred shops). Nowadays it seems the whole thing is one big over-manipulated talent show for the clicky-fingered.

Christmas number ones are bizarre anyway. The most coveted number ones to get and invariably the most shit.
    Actually after being dominated by X Factor winners for so long there hasnt been an X Factor winner since 2014.

2015-Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Choir
    2016-Clean Bandit
    2017-Ed Sheeran
    2018-LadBaby
    2019-LadBaby
    2020-LadBaby?
  • The charts mean nothing. I feel sorry for my kids (all teenagers) as there are no genres or "types" of music nowadays. Years ago you had mods, rockers, punks, 2tone, new romantics etc. You followed bands like Slade, Mud, Showadawaddy.......or Duran Duran, Madness, Spandau. Oasis/Blur revived that somewhat but the last 20 years have  been dire imo. 
  • I imagine Noel will stream LadBaby a million times to stop Liam getting to number 1  ;)
  • The charts mean nothing. I feel sorry for my kids (all teenagers) as there are no genres or "types" of music nowadays. Years ago you had mods, rockers, punks, 2tone, new romantics etc. You followed bands like Slade, Mud, Showadawaddy.......or Duran Duran, Madness, Spandau. Oasis/Blur revived that somewhat but the last 20 years have  been dire imo. 

What do you mean there are no genres of music these days??? There are loads. Have you not used spotify/ youtube before?
  • Talking of Spotify, is it worth the money?
  • edited December 2020
    SamB09 said:
    The charts mean nothing. I feel sorry for my kids (all teenagers) as there are no genres or "types" of music nowadays. Years ago you had mods, rockers, punks, 2tone, new romantics etc. You followed bands like Slade, Mud, Showadawaddy.......or Duran Duran, Madness, Spandau. Oasis/Blur revived that somewhat but the last 20 years have  been dire imo. 

What do you mean there are no genres of music these days??? There are loads. Have you not used spotify/ youtube before?

SamB09 said:
    The charts mean nothing. I feel sorry for my kids (all teenagers) as there are no genres or "types" of music nowadays. Years ago you had mods, rockers, punks, 2tone, new romantics etc. You followed bands like Slade, Mud, Showadawaddy.......or Duran Duran, Madness, Spandau. Oasis/Blur revived that somewhat but the last 20 years have  been dire imo. 

I think Golfie is saying there doesn't seem to be any visible youth genre's, nobody is grouped together (not that we should/can at the moment) but its about visibility, being out there, being in the establishments face ect like the teddy boys, mods, rockers and punks back in the day, two tone, ska and anybody challenging the older generation to open their eyes. For me, punk did that and I will be an irritating fecker as and when its needs to be .....
    Try the free version for a bit and you can decide whether going ad free and skipping through songs (rather being happy with having it on random) at will is worth a tenner a month. 
    In my opinion, yes. 

It gave me instant access to all the music I like.

The added bonus is, I don't like being told "you'll like this" by people who have no idea what I like, but Spotify has some sort of algorithm that basically creates customised playlists based on what you like. Several in fact through "daily mixes". I have 6 playlists which regularly refresh, each different genres of stuff I like, so depending on my mood, I can pick one. 

They also have a "release radar" for you which each week let's you know songs that have been released by people YOU like, which you could easily miss. 

I suppose what I'm saying is that Spotify is great for your existing likes, and finding new ones, best tenner I spend a month. 
  • I think it is good value.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spotify that is.

Yep, I did the 3 month free trial first and found it worthwhile. Good for a tenner per month.
  • LadBaby gets 3 in a row. The Boris Johnson song got to number 5

Some unknown called Paul McCartney gets the No 1 album, I reckon he'll go on to have a good career in music...
  • If the Johnsons thought about releasing a Xmas single they probably thought better of it.
    The Vaccines missed a trick though.
  • se9addick said:
    red10 said:
    SamB09 said:

SamB09 said:

I think Golfie is saying there doesn't seem to be any visible youth genre's, nobody is grouped together (not that we should/can at the moment) but its about visibility, being out there, being in the establishments face ect like the teddy boys, mods, rockers and punks back in the day, two tone, ska and anybody challenging the older generation to open their eyes. For me, punk did that and I will be an irritating fecker as and when its needs to be .....
    “Modern music is rubbish”, said every generation to the next.
    True. But have you actually tried listening to drill "music"?
  • Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    red10 said:
    SamB09 said:

SamB09 said:

I’m guessing I’m not the target audience, just as rock and roll wasn’t really intended for 80 year olds at its inception. 
  • se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    red10 said:
    SamB09 said:

SamB09 said:

I’m guessing I’m not the target audience, just as rock and roll wasn’t really intended for 80 year olds at its inception. 
    Give it a go then.
  • MrWalker said:
    I just had a massive Christmas number 2.
    You've just has a "Last Christmas"?