Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gail Trimble, Corpus Christi, Oxford...

...can't believe no one's done a 'would ya' yet?

Perfect example of the conundrum if ever there was one.

And it's a NO from me although, given she answers every flipping question on her own anyway, I doubt she'd let anyone else have a go in the first place...

Comments

• never have i been so annoyed at a person on TV, so smug so laughed when she got a question wrong yesterday - sad but true
  • Was the Yeo lad in the Manchester team Tim Yeo's son (the ex Tory cabinet member)?

I thought he got more right than the dead language studier from Corpus Christi.
  • I read that she turned down an offer from a lads mag (Nuts ?) for her to do a "decent" set of pics..... I suppose a blow-job is out of the question then ! lol
  • She got right on my tits in the earlier rounds.

Very smart but a one person team and so smug. Really wanted the other team to win but hey ho it's only a game.
  • Got to admit at shouting at the tv in the earlier rounds at her smug smile and annoying flick of the hair everytime she got a question right. But after reading all the stick she got i felt sorry for her. She clearly took a backseat in the final & showed it as she pulled it out of the bag in the last 10mins. Good luck to her i say, oh & no i would'nt btw!
  • wouldn't've stood a chance against the lot up top.

*not trying to steal adams thunder*
  • If you've got it flaunt it.....if you didn't like her smug face just change channel....to eggheads now there's a bunch of smug bastards :)
  • edited February 2009
    Hands up who else thought that they really did used to sit with one team above the other like that!

Why she didn't just let the others on her team get a flask out, stick their feet on the desk and do their thesis I just don't know.
  • As a child I thought the Scumbags stomp was really possible. With Paxman's return of the singles challenge I was most dissapointed teams weren't positioned above each other like celebrity squares. Sigh.
  • Sponsored links:

• My father attended Corpus...

...and he once told me that Oxford never accepted ugly female students. He never explained why, but here we can evidently see that the rule has been proved.
  • I though she and her team were brilliant, as were Manchester to be honest. Good luck to her I say, one bright lass!
  • The Fans' Forum quiz team is thinking of getting her in on loan for the NWK Addicks quiz night on 20th March.
  • a friend of mine was a veteran of pub quizes and entered a team representing the open university a few years ago.they pissed the contest.
  • Good luck to her. At least she has something to be smug about
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Good luck to her. At least she has something to be smug about

Agreed 100%. She has obviously worked hard and is just showing the results of her endeavour.

I would rather use her as a role model for my kids than any number of the pondlife that tread the public stage.

When did excellence become a bad thing?
  • Apparently her brother was contacted by NUTS magazine on FACEBOOK (she's obviously to intellectual to have an account LOL) to see if she will do a tasteful photo shoot.

No from me BTW
  • I'd give her the best 6 seconds of her life - just to see if she had that smug look on her moosh.

But in honesty she may be very clever indeed but she has absolutely zero people skills and so should be made the butt of jokes
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'd give her the best 6 seconds of her life - just to see if she had that smug look on her moosh.

But in honesty she may be very clever indeed but she has absolutely zero people skills and so should be made the butt of jokes

Hey, you said butt....fnnarr, fnnarr
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2009
    just heard that the result has been reversed and the winners are now manchester.
    apparently corpus fielded a contestant that was in employment.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]just heard that the result has been reversed and the winners are now manchester.
    apparently corpus fielded a contestant that was in employment.

Just saw that on the news. He graduated a year ago.
  • Saw UC last week and the way she "accepted" the trophy, it was all wrong, so wrong.....
  • wow, that's a turn up

pleased for Manchester, but must feel a tad hollow now
  • None of this is her fault.

It's a shame.

How dare she be clever, eh?
  • agreed bigstemarra on all counts

how did they think they'd get away with it???
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]agreed bigstemarra on all counts

how did they think they'd get away with it???

Well they won the programme before anyone noticed. You'd think they would have noticed when the uni applied to it.
  • Yep, the guy who sat on the far left, Kay, is already working for Pricewaterhousecooper!!!
  • During the opening introductions the chap blatantly lied saying he was studying Chemistry.

He wasn't and therefore they were quite rightly disqualified. All of his teamates knew he was lying.

What a waste of time and money for the poor taxpayer, paying for this bloke to study a specific technical subject that could be of use to the country and the twat ends up as a beancounter for PWC.

I hope he gets sacked for bringing his company into disrepute.