Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Ipswich 0-2 Charlton

many thanks to the 85 Lifers who gave marks

Comments

• Pedro45 said:
    Amazing that the defence pass completion rate has dropped to 50-60% in this game whereas last Tuesday it was up around 80-90%.  That's because they stopped fannying around at the back, and got the ball forwards so much quicker. I know what tactic I preferred!
    Endless sideways and backwards passing between the defender skews passing and possession stats, one reason why they're not meaningful indicators of how well a team is doing
  • edited November 2020
    Pedro45 said:
    Amazing that the defence pass completion rate has dropped to 50-60% in this game whereas last Tuesday it was up around 80-90%.  That's because they stopped fannying around at the back, and got the ball forwards so much quicker. I know what tactic I preferred!

The possession stats can be such a misnomer if you are not creating chances and getting shots on target. Also as you say the pass completion rate.
    In League 1 you really need to have quick attacks at times and if that means Amos kicking big or a long pass from defence which cuts out the midfield but finds Aneke then so be it if it creates a chance like the flick on from Chuks that Williams nearly scored from.
  • It's good to see that refs perform so much better when we win - average of 5.95 when we win, 4.74 when we lose.
  • Thank you for these statistics, Should Albie be higher in the goalscorers chart?
  • Thank you for these statistics, Should Albie be higher in the goalscorers chart?
    yes he should and I will move him up with the next stats - thanks