Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Burton 4-2 Charlton

many thanks to the 94 Lifers who gave marks

Comments

• Maatsen a booking away from suspension. Probably half those bookings due to dissent. 
  • Those shot stats are damning for the starting 11

6 shots on target, 5 by the subs
    16 shots in total, 10 by the subs
  • Be very disappointed if Morgan, Aneke and Washington don't all start Saturday.
  • Amos getting a better score than Maddison is a bit strange to me - Amos literally passed the ball to their striker who scored, Maddison wasn't exactly prolific but his blocked shot created the corner that Smyth scored off. 
  • The team average has been sliding downwards since the Pompey win. It will not only have to go up to get a result at Ipswich, but leap up.
  • Amos getting a better score than Maddison is a bit strange to me - Amos literally passed the ball to their striker who scored, Maddison wasn't exactly prolific but his blocked shot created the corner that Smyth scored off. 
    It could be argued that Amos getting a better score than Pratley is a bit "unfair" too!
  • redman said:
    Be very disappointed if Morgan, Aneke and Washington don't all start Saturday.
    It doesn't always work out like that under rotation.

It's not about whether they 'deserve' to start and have earned the shirt.

Each one of those will play a part on Saturday. It'll depend on individual fitness levels and when Bowyer feels they can make the most impact on the game.

• redman said:
    Reckon we'll definitely see Morgan and Washington
  • redman said:
    LB has said that Morgan was not going to be in the squad Tuesday as he does not want him to play Tuesday and Saturday, but when Levitt was sent home ill, Morgan had to be on the bench, which possibly means he will not start on Saturday, although he only had 39 minutes
  • ross1 said:
    redman said:
    LB has said that Morgan was not going to be in the squad Tuesday as he does not want him to play Tuesday and Saturday, but when Levitt was sent home ill, Morgan had to be on the bench, which possibly means he will not start on Saturday, although he only had 39 minutes.
    Bowyer is an idiot then. The lad is 21 not an old man. Anyone of that age can play sat / tues /sat. I wonder what the 18 year old Bowyer would have said if Curbs or Howard Wilkinson had said that to him. 

Just look at the fixtures Forest played in the 78/79 season when they won the European Cup. 9 matches in March & 10 in April......and only 1 sub allowed in those days.

The footballing world has gone bonkers.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    redman said:
    LB has said that Morgan was not going to be in the squad Tuesday as he does not want him to play Tuesday and Saturday, but when Levitt was sent home ill, Morgan had to be on the bench, which possibly means he will not start on Saturday, although he only had 39 minutes.
    Bowyer is an idiot then. The lad is 21 not an old man. Anyone of that age can play sat / tues /sat. I wonder what the 18 year old Bowyer would have said if Curbs or Howard Wilkinson had said that to him. 

Just look at the fixtures Forest played in the 78/79 season when they won the European Cup. 9 matches in March & 10 in April......and only 1 sub allowed in those days.

The footballing world has gone bonkers.
    I wish you were our manager, Golfie.  :smile:

• Maatsen a booking away from suspension. Probably half those bookings due to dissent. 
    Not a bad thing in my opinion, he's not been great these last few games.
  • PopIcon said:
    Maatsen a booking away from suspension. Probably half those bookings due to dissent. 
    Agree - he's been awful.  But I think he's suffering from playing without recognised CMs.  Think he'll get back to his best when we have a better balanced defence.
  • cafc-west said:
    PopIcon said:
    Maatsen a booking away from suspension. Probably half those bookings due to dissent. 
    Agree - he's been awful.  But I think he's suffering from playing without recognised CMs.  Think he'll get back to his best when we have a better balanced defence.
    He's a kid. If Bowyer thinks 20 year old Albie can't start Saturday/Tuesday, why is he expecting 18 year old Maatsen to do the same?
  • cafc-west said:
    PopIcon said:
    He's a kid. If Bowyer thinks 20 year old Albie can't start Saturday/Tuesday, why is he expecting 18 year old Maatsen to do the same?
    I think Bows has made a few mistakes, sure I've never been a football manager, nor do I have my UEFA badges, but some of his decisions have been odd.
  • edited November 2020
    Criminal that Maddison is rated lower than Bogle and Smyth beneath Washington, but it is what it is. 
  • cafc-west said:
    PopIcon said:
    Do you do more running in midfield than left back?
    I would guess so, but don't know.