Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Gallen at Bromley Addicks

Really good zoom meeting with Steve tonight.

A trial run to see and other than my internet connection being crappy it went very well so we'll do it again next month

I'll type up some notes tomorrow on who our transfer targets are, Steve's best ever deal and the striker @sage recommended to Steve.

Comments

• It was a good session, Steve is very straight forward and honest.  Not afraid to voice contrary views to the fans but also understanding the fans perspective.  Well worth waiting f0r Bens notes if you could not listen in.  Interesting perspectives from TL too.
  • Will wait for Bens notes, i was tuned in to the ST AGM.  (  sorry Ben )

Actually i was believing the two meetings were one and the same, doh.
  • Will wait for Bens notes, i was tuned in to the ST AGM.  (  sorry Ben )

Actually as a bit of an outsider I am surprised this was fixed the same night. Even if there animosity towards the Trust from certain people is it a good thing to make it so public when we have all worked so hard to try and get everyone pulling in the same direction? 
  • was this available to all Bromley Addicks? 
  • edited November 2020
    redman said:
    Will wait for Bens notes, i was tuned in to the ST AGM.  (  sorry Ben )

Actually as a bit of an outsider I am surprised this was fixed the same night. Even if there animosity towards the Trust from certain people is it a good thing to make it so public when we have all worked so hard to try and get everyone pulling in the same direction? 
    Purely for clarity, I should point out that Bromley organised & advised members of this meeting on 7th November.
    I presume Bromley & were unaware of the clash. I certainly was.
    These things happen.
    When Bromley were advised of the clash by a member who wished to attend both Zoom meetings, they thought it better to continue, rather than rearrange and cause inconvenience to Steve Gallen & the members.
    Basically, great minds think alike.
  • Rudders22 said:
    was this available to all Bromley Addicks? 
    All members were/should have been e mailed. 

• 7/11/2020 

MEMBERS ONLY

We are delighted to let you know that Steve Gallen has kindly agreed to meet The Bromley Addicts by Zoom.

This will take place on :-

Thursday 26th November from 7.30 until 9.00

If you would like to join this meeting please email me back and let me know and I will send you the link nearer the time.

If you also have a question that you would like to ask, please let me have it at the same time and I will collate them and pass to Ian Wallis and Ben Hayes who will be putting the questions to him on the night. There is also the possibility of writing questions in on the night as Zoom has this facility, but please bear with us as this will be very much a trial run and if successful, we will endeavour to get more guests for you while we are in lockdown.

I will open the Zoom meeting at 7.15 to give you a chance to get in and settled.

So, pour yourself a beer and sit back and enjoy this unique event.

COYA

Bromley Addicks Committee

Ben, David, Ian, Steve & Tony

• Rudders22 said:
    I never received any email?
  • Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Possibly might have gone to your junk mail, as a couple of weeks back when the trust emailed out their election candidates a lot of people said this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good meeting, the technology and format work well (apart from Ben's Wi-Fi on occasions when asking questions) so if it can be arranged will be a good format for future meetings until we are back to normality.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Yep same here, didn’t know this was on!
  • redman said:

It was Steve Gallen who suggested the date, not us, to fit around his arrangements as @tracey can confirm.

We had no idea about the Trust AGM when setting and announcing the date so we can close that conspiracy theory down.

Apologies to any members who didn't get emails.  Check your junk boxes or email Tony to confirm he has your correct email.
  • TBF I recieved an email from Tony about this
  • I enjoyed the event. The only problem I found was the audio was hit and miss.
  • how do you become a member and who is Tony - this is cliquedom big scale - booooo!
  • how do you become a member and who is Tony - this is cliquedom big scale - booooo!
    You email tony.warran@btinternet.com
  • edited November 2020
    Had no idea SG is Kevin Gallen's brother. Remember him very well, good player.
  • Sponsored links:

• redman said:

It was Steve Gallen who suggested the date, not us, to fit around his arrangements as @tracey can confirm.

We had no idea about the Trust AGM when setting and announcing the date so we can close that conspiracy theory down.

Apologies to any members who didn't get emails.  Check your junk boxes or email Tony to confirm he has your correct email.
    Ok thanks for responding. Pleased there is no animosity 
  • Chunes said:
    Had no idea SG is Kevin Gallen's brother. Remember him very well, good player.
    There's another brother Joe Gallen, currently assistant manager at Pompey and formerly assistant at Millwall

Kevin was the best player, Steve and Joe have had the best coaching careers
  • Does Gallen think we'll try again with Schwarz or did he hint that it was a deal they'd leave now what with the player turning us down on Deadline Day